The Challenge Factory discussion

2017 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > June Buddy Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited May 27, 2017 03:05AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5347 comments Mod
Buddy Read

June Buddy Read Discussion
Duration: 01 June 2017 - 30 June 2017

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, authors or genres you are interested in. When you decide who your buddy will be and what book(s) you're going to read head on over to the FINAL SIGN UP thread (see link at bottom) and tell me your book and buddy there (there will be instructions to follow).

1. If you want to participate post your name and let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading and/or any books that you're interested in reading.

2. If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign Up thread and post your information for me!

3. Groups of 3 or more are also fine, the more the merrier.

4. I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing.

5. There are no rules on what, how much or how often to discuss or how best to pace your reading - whatever works best for each individual group.

5.The challenge usually spans a month. If you'd like to start a longer buddy read, you can mention the time frame you have in mind when posting to look for a buddy. If you need more time to finish your book at the end of the month, just drop me a line in the next month's sign ups to keep your thread open.

6.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you have a buddy, go to the June Sign Up Thread and post your book and your buddy.

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 139 comments I would love to do a buddy read, but no idea how to start with it. I prefer classics, litarary fiction, fantasy, thrillers, but could agree on everything. One thing could be difficult, some books we cannot buy in my country (if they are too recent)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

My name is Jaylee and I am looking to read the following:
And Then There Were None
What is Not Yours is Not Yours
Night
Half Bad

message 4: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Hi Jaylee. I can do Half Bad and And Then There Were None. I might be able to do 1984, but I'm not sure about that book yet.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

That's fine! Should I sign us up?

message 6: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Sure!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Eunice wrote: "Hi Jaylee. I can do Half Bad and And Then There Were None. I might be able to do 1984, but I'm not sure about that book yet."

Oh and which one should we read? Half Bad or And Then There Were None? I think you can only choose one book? Sorry, this is my first time participating in this.

message 8: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments We can do both. We can buddy read as much books as we are able to, with as many people as we want to.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Eunice wrote: "Sure!"

Which book should I sign us up for? Half Bad or And Then There Were None? Whatever you prefer.

message 10: by Jonquil (last edited May 27, 2017 09:17AM) (new)

Jonquil | 693 comments Claire wrote: "I would love to do a buddy read, but no idea how to start with it. I prefer classics, literary fiction, fantasy, thrillers, but could agree on everything. One thing could be difficult, some books w..."

Hi Claire! I'd be happy to buddy read with you. I don't know what books you can get, so I've listed links to two shelves of books I want to read in June. If you see something you like, create a new post with the title.

edited: shelves served their purpose

message 11: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments jaylee wrote: "Eunice wrote: "Sure!"

Which book should I sign us up for? Half Bad or And Then There Were None? Whatever you prefer."

We can sign up for both if you want to.

message 12: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 418 comments May I join in on the discussion for "And Then There Was None"??

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Daph wrote: "May I join in on the discussion for "And Then There Was None"??"

Sure

Eunice wrote: "jaylee wrote: "Eunice wrote: "Sure!"

Which book should I sign us up for? Half Bad or And Then There Were None? Whatever you prefer."

We can sign up for both if you want to."

Okay.

message 14: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 418 comments Thank you! I've been wanting to read that for awhile now; It's been on my shelf collecting dust lol

message 15: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 418 comments Jonquil wrote: "Claire wrote: "I would love to do a buddy read, but no idea how to start with it. I prefer classics, literary fiction, fantasy, thrillers, but could agree on everything. One thing could be difficul..."

Hello, I know I am not the one this post was addressed to but I did notice you have Milkshakes, Mermaids, and Murder on your list and this is also on my TBR list. if you would be willing to discuss that with me, please let me know. Thanks!

message 16: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 139 comments Daph wrote: "Jonquil wrote: "Claire wrote: "I would love to do a buddy read, but no idea how to start with it. I prefer classics, literary fiction, fantasy, thrillers, but could agree on everything. One thing c..."

Hi Jonquil, thanks! Can we read this book the three of us or isn't that a buddy read!

message 17: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 418 comments Claire wrote: "Daph wrote: "Jonquil wrote: "Claire wrote: "I would love to do a buddy read, but no idea how to start with it. I prefer classics, literary fiction, fantasy, thrillers, but could agree on everything..."

It says in the rules above, 3 or more people are allowed to read a book and still count it as a buddy read but if you just want it to be the 2 of you, I don't mind sitting out. Thanks!

message 18: by Jonquil (new)

Jonquil | 693 comments Claire wrote: "Daph wrote: "Jonquil wrote: "Claire wrote: "I would love to do a buddy read, but no idea how to start with it. I prefer classics, literary fiction, fantasy, thrillers, but could agree on everything..."

The more the merrier!
I'll post the three of us to read
Milkshakes, Mermaids, and Murder (A Mom Zone Mystery #8) by Sara Rosett

message 19: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 418 comments Jonquil wrote: "Claire wrote: "Daph wrote: "Jonquil wrote: "Claire wrote: "I would love to do a buddy read, but no idea how to start with it. I prefer classics, literary fiction, fantasy, thrillers, but could agre..."

Thank you! I very much appreciate being included.

message 20: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3109 comments Lurking...

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Would anyone be interested in reading any of these this month?

Traitor's Blade (Greatcoats, #1) by Sebastien de Castell Stiletto (The Checquy Files, #2) by Daniel O'Malley Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown The Wish Granter (Ravenspire, #2) by C.J. Redwine The Palace Job (Rogues of the Republic, #1) by Patrick Weekes

message 22: by Runell (last edited May 27, 2017 12:52PM) (new)

Runell Sarah wrote: "Would anyone be interested in reading any of these this month?

I'd love to read Traitor's Blade (Greatcoats, #1) by Sebastien de Castell with you.

message 23: by Shree (new)

Shree | 23 comments Would anybody be interested in reading any of the following during this month? :)

Uprooted by Naomi Novik The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson Elantris (Elantris, #1) by Brandon Sanderson His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1) by Becky Chambers Terrier (Beka Cooper, #1) by Tamora Pierce Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire, #1) by Michael J. Sullivan Weapons of Math Destruction How Big Data Increases Inequality and Threatens Democracy by Cathy O'Neil

message 24: by Claire (last edited May 27, 2017 02:49PM) (new)

Claire  | 139 comments Shree wrote: "Would anybody be interested in reading any of the following during this month?
Hi Shree, I would love to read Uprooted by Naomi Novik if it is ok I read it in dutch?

message 25: by Shree (new)

Shree | 23 comments Claire wrote: "Hi Shree, I would love to read Uprooted by Naomi Novik if it is ok I read it in dutch?
"

As long as you do not mind me discussing it in English! :) Should we wait a few more hours to see if anyone else is interested in Uprooted or would you like to post in the Final Sign Up thread right away?

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Runell wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Would anyone be interested in reading any of these this month?

I'd love to read Traitor's Blade (Greatcoats, #1) by Sebastien de Castell with you."

Hi Runell- that would be great! I'm really looking forward to this one. I'll go sign us up.

message 27: by Runell (new)

Runell I'd love to read any of the following with anyone:

The Novice (Summoner, #1) by Taran Matharu Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Three Souls by Janie Chang Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas The Fireman by Joe Hill The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase

message 28: by Claire (last edited May 27, 2017 03:18PM) (new)

Claire  | 139 comments Shree wrote: "Claire wrote: "Hi Shree, I would love to read Uprooted by Naomi Novik if it is ok I read it in dutch?
"

As long as you do not mind me discussing it in English! :) Should we wait a few more ..."

No priblem for the english:-) Waiting a few hours is good for me. I will be back tomorrow as here it is midnight now:-)

message 29: by Shree (new)

Shree | 23 comments Claire wrote: "No priblem for the english:-) Waiting a few hours is good for me. I will be back tomorrow as here it is midnight now:-) "

I'll put in a request post on the Final Sign Up thread in about 5 hours then!

message 30: by Erica (new)

Erica | 923 comments Mary and I already agreed last month we would read Little Women (Little Women, #1) by Louisa May Alcott this month (she had it on her May list, but I was too busy). If anyone wants to join us, just say so!

message 31: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Shree wrote: "Claire wrote: "No priblem for the english:-) Waiting a few hours is good for me. I will be back tomorrow as here it is midnight now:-) "

I'll put in a request post on the Final Sign Up thread in a..."

I'd like to join you for Uprooted.

message 32: by Shree (new)

Shree | 23 comments Eunice wrote: "I'd like to join you for Uprooted. "

Nice! I'll be posting on the Final Sign Up thread in about an hour. :)

message 33: by Mary (new)

Mary Bronson | 28 comments Runell wrote: "I'd love to read any of the following with anyone:

The Novice (Summoner, #1) by Taran Matharu Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare [boo..."

I would love to read either The Novice or City of Bones with you if you don't have a partner yet.

message 34: by Mary (new)

Mary Bronson | 28 comments Erica wrote: "Mary and I already agreed last month we would read Little Women (Little Women, #1) by Louisa May Alcott this month (she had it on her May list, but I was too busy). If anyone wants to join us, just say so!"

Can't wait to read this!

message 35: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 139 comments Runell
A Court of Thorns and Roses A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
is on my list for the second half of juin. If you can wait, I'd be happy to read it together.

message 36: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16144 comments Mod
I will post my list later today

message 37: by Maria (new)

Maria Delaney | 7 comments Denise wrote: "June Buddy Read Discussion

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, ..."

Claire wrote: "Runell
A Court of Thorns and Roses A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
is on my list for the second half of juin. If you can wait, I'd be happy to read it together."

Claire wrote: "I would love to do a buddy read, but no idea how to start with it. I prefer classics, litarary fiction, fantasy, thrillers, but could agree on everything. One thing could be difficult, some books w..."

is on my list for the second half of juin. If you can wait, I'd be happy to read it together."

Denise wrote: "June Buddy Read Discussion

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, ..."

Claire wrote: "I would love to do a buddy read, but no idea how to start with it. I prefer classics, litarary fiction, fantasy, thrillers, but could agree on everything. One thing could be difficult, some books w..."

message 38: by Maria (new)

Maria Delaney | 7 comments Claire if you are still looking for a Buddy I would love to partner up. This book looks great, "A Court of Thorns and Roses." Let me know!

message 39: by Runell (new)

Runell Mary wrote: "Runell wrote: "I'd love to read any of the following with anyone:

The Novice (Summoner, #1) by Taran Matharu Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab [bookcover:City of Bon..."

I can read both or just one, whichever you prefer. City of Bones will be a reread for me, but I only ever read up to book three and I want to continue with the series.

message 40: by Runell (new)

Runell Claire wrote: "Runell

That works just fine, Claire. :)

And Maria, please join us! I'm going to go sign all three of us up. :)

message 41: by Elena (new)

Elena | 1381 comments Hey guys! Anyone for ;
Ashley Bell by Dean Koontz Behind Closed Doors (Behind Closed Doors, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones The Player (The Game Maker, #3) by Kresley Cole Deeper (Caroline & West, #1) by Robin York Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1) by Alessandra Torre ?

message 42: by Runell (new)

Runell Elena wrote: "Hey guys! Anyone for ;
Ashley Bell by Dean Koontz Behind Closed Doors (Behind Closed Doors, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones The Player (The Game Maker, #3) by Kresley Cole Deeper (Caroline & West, #1) by Robin York Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1) by Alessandra Torre ?"

I'll read Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1) by Alessandra Torre with you, Elena. :)

message 43: by Elena (new)

Elena | 1381 comments Sounds good. I will sign us up!

message 44: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3109 comments Runell, I'm down for Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
I'll even try and get my daughter to participate!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I plan to read Artful Deception by Peggy Spear, The Traitors Club by Laura Landon and Wild by Ashley Bostock in the month of June! I have a lot of review books to read still. Anyone want to join in with me?

message 46: by Runell (new)

Runell Krissy wrote: "Runell, I'm down for Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
I'll even try and get my daughter to participate!"

Awesome! Can't wait!

message 47: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 418 comments Kristi wrote: "I plan to read Artful Deception by Peggy Spear, The Traitors Club by Laura Landon and Wild by Ashley Bostock in the month of June! I have a lot of review books to read still. Anyone want to join in..."

Does The Traitor's Club feature Ford in the title? Book #1, specifically? if so, I'd be happy to read it with you as it's available on Kindle Unlimited.