Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

A Dragon of a Different Color (Heartstrikers, #4)
This topic is about A Dragon of a Different Color
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > A Dragon of a Different Color [Sept 2017]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
July 28th

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments Can't wait for this to come out. I'll be working that weekend, but I'm getting more excited by the day.

message 3: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 6943 comments Mod
Me too!!!! I've been stalking Audible for the preorder on the audiobook. I usually have more time for books during the week, so you being busy that weekend won't let me get too far ahead.

Yay!!

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments I've already pre ordered the kindle edition.

Meej (skylike) | 1 comments I have been counting down the days and cannot believe it'll be out on Friday!

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments I'm super excited. I work Friday Saturday and Sunday but just hope we're as slow at work as we were two weeks ago when I worked Sunday. I read two hundred pages in a book that day

message 7: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

@Meej - I am too!! Tomorrow!!!!!

@Elizabeth - fingers crossed for you... I'm doing a lot of stuff this weekend (obligations) so I probably wont make it far until Monday anyway.

message 8: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

No, no, NO!! Why is the audio not available yet??? I have too many physical reads going - I was going to listen to it while I unpacked. %@&(^€¥+#

Tammie | 3848 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "No, no, NO!! Why is the audio not available yet??? I have too many physical reads going - I was going to listen to it while I unpacked. %@&(^€¥+#"

The same thing happened with last book. The audio came out a month or two later. It was frustrating because we were going to listen to it on our road trip and we couldn't.

message 10: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

Very frustrating. I remember in hindsight now, but dang! No wonder it hasn't been up for preorder yet lol.

There's an additional problem - I don't have a kindle and I hate reading on my phone. #firstworldproblems

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments awww so are you not starting today?

message 12: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

😭😭😭

message 13: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

I'm not sure what else to do... I'm really bummed. I don't have a kindle and it's only available through Amazon. I was really excited for this read - I'm so sorry! :(

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments Amazon app on your computer maybe if you don't like reading on the phone? I just started a bit. I get off at 12:15, we're a bit slow so I started. It's pretty good so far. I was looking forward to buddy reading this with you...If you want to wait for audio I can try to hold off on reading it.

Tammie | 3848 comments You could just get the app and read it on you phone or something. That would work, but this is one series that is so good on audio.

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments I've only ever tried auto books once and it just didn't work for me. It was one of the ASOIAF books, I forget which. One chapter and I switched back to a physical copy.

Tammie | 3848 comments I'm not a huge fan of audio books either, but I ended up really loving this series on audio.

message 18: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

I can't read anything backlit for any length of time. Incidentally I started getting into audio after an eye strain injury I'm still dealing with knocked me out of reading for a year. Thanks for the suggestions though. I've been meaning to buy a kindle eventually for situations like this.

message 19: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

I don't want you to have to wait for me - that's not fair! One of us should find out what happens next haha.

message 20: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

I was really looking forward to it too.

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments how long until the audio comes out? If it's not too long I can wait.

message 22: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

Last time I think it was about a month later, but I can't find a solid release date anywhere. I'd really love to read it with you, but I'll leave it up to you.

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments her news letter I got emailed earlier says September. With how long my to-read is, I'm sure I can read something else until then. :)

message 24: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

😍 okay - thanks Elizabeth! (view spoiler) until September... did it give a day?

message 25: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

You're the best. :)

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments It didn't give a day, and no problem! I think we became friends on here over Rachel Aaron so of course I'll wait. :)

And me too! The small bit I did read had Bob and (view spoiler)

message 27: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Aug 22, 2017 05:17PM) (new)

Angela | 3517 comments Mod
Bumping as a Buddy Read starts for this book on the 5th September.

Timelord Iain | 14737 comments You guys got my hopes up for a second... I thought a September date had been set for the audiobook release... but I don't see any new information on Audible or Rachel Aaron's website... still stuck waiting... not much longer now, though...

message 29: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

This read is actually schedule with the audiobook in mind. Fingers crossed it will be close to the first of the month. :)

Timelord Iain | 14737 comments I love plenty of indie authors... and it's nice that they can just release a book when it's done instead of waiting for a perfect publication window that could be months away so as not to compete with similar authors of the same publisher... but sometimes it sucks that there is no forewarning to when their books/audiobooks are going to come out...

I read through the backlog of this discussion and saw that the Buddy Read was delayed to wait for the audio a lot of the readers preferred... but in a way, that's what tricked me...

I shouldn't complain too much... Rachel Aaron is better than some authors about keeping readers informed...

Timelord Iain | 14737 comments How long does an audiobook production take?... Vikas Adams posted twice to twitter last week showing him starting the audiobook recording... so it's coming... but I dunno if this is good news or bad for an early September release...

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments Any word Niki on when this comes out for audio?

message 33: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

I signed up for her new release letter and have been obsessively checking Audible for updates. Her blog still just says it's being recorded and should be out in sept. I need it NOW - ack.

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments I can't wait to get started either!

message 35: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

You're so sweet to wait. Lmk if it gets too annoying - I won't be offended.

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments I don't mind, I have plenty of books to keep me occupied until then.

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments Just got Aaron's newsletter, audio book comes out September 12th!

message 38: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

😱😱😃😃😃😭😭😭 omg I'm so EXCITED!!!!!!! Shall we start on the 12th? Lol

message 39: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

I just ordered my copy. ^_^

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments sure. I'm off that day so I should make progress.

Timelord Iain | 14737 comments I thought comments here meant it had stealth dropped :( ... I have 45 minutes left of Secrets in Death... guess I'll move forward with my plan to listen to Gemina while I wait...

message 42: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

It only being 2 days away from the release feels like a stealth drop to me lol.

Timelord Iain | 14737 comments I check in on Mariana Zapata every couple months... usually there is nothing... then all of a sudden I'll find out something like Dear Aaron came out weeks ago with no notice...

In this case, I was thinking the last few weeks I should just sign up for the newsletter... I don't tend to keep up with newsletters, but it's nice to have them piling up in my Newsletter folder when I want to check in and see if there's been an excerpt or announcement about the next book in a series...

Timelord Iain | 14737 comments I'll be starting this VERY SOON... I'm in the home stretch of Gemina...

I just downloaded the book and see this one is even longer than the last 2 books in the series were... over 500 pages and 21hrs audio now... more time with Julius/Marci and the gang...

message 45: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

I'll be starting this evening ^_^.

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments I'll be starting later today too, less than 100 pages left in the other book I'm reading.

Elizabeth (elizabeths01) | 990 comments So I've been pretty busy today, haven't had time to finish the other book or start this.

message 48: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

No problem - life's busy. :) ill start tonight but probably won't get more than a chapter in before bed.

Timelord Iain | 14737 comments I didn't start yet either... about to start now...

The ending of Gemina was really annoying on audiobook... there was a lot of repetition for plot reasons and I couldn't skim like I would have on my kindle...

message 50: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

I haven't tried that series yet, and am not sure if I want to... I passed up on it based on plot, but the community is making me feel like I'm missing something.

« previous 1