Polls for Our Souls discussion

Discussion > What books have you read that everyone loved but you didn't?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 260 (260 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 170 comments Personally, I hated Fahrenheit 451, I thought it was super boring and the writing style was annoying. I know it's a classic and it's innovative considering when it was written, but I still hated it.
Also, Angelfall was one of the shittiest books I've read this year. I can't believe it has such a high average rating here.

message 2: by annesofie (new)

annesofie (ananasofie) | 204 comments all the bright places. i hate that book with a burning passion lol

message 3: by Steph (new)

Steph | 29 comments Station Eleven....I have no idea why so many people loved it.

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela Auten | 126 comments A lot of people liked the Kite Runner, but I hated it.

Jacob the Bookworm (jacobthebookworm) | 31 comments I couldn't get into Throne of Glass and I don't understand the hype around Caraval. I hated that book

message 6: by Louise (new)

Louise | 101 comments Heartless by Marissa Meyer i didnt like it. Slow and boring characters..

message 7: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Aristodemou (andreasaristodemou) | 92 comments If I Stay and An Abundance of Katherines
They are really bad, and sadly If I stay is one of my favourite movies

message 8: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (mayacat) | 4 comments Louise wrote: "Heartless by Marissa Meyer i didnt like it. Slow and boring characters.."

Agreed 100%, couldn't stand Heartless

NerdyJediGymnast | 191 comments Kings Cage

My boyfriend loves it and it seems like most others do too, but Im like, "What is wrong with you?"

message 10: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2 comments Outlander... I just could not get into it

message 11: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelb) The Fault In Our Stars. Man, I hated that book.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Kristel wrote: "The Fault In Our Stars. Man, I hated that book."

I 100% agree with you, It sucked.

message 13: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 170 comments "Kristel wrote: "The Fault In Our Stars. Man, I hated that book."

♥Fire♥ wrote: I 100% agree with you, It sucked."

I feel like, with this book, either you love it or you hate it. I think it happens with all John Green books.

message 14: by Mel (new)

Mel | 8 comments The Night Circus, definitely. I reread it for my book club recently and I feel like it had so much potential but it was executed very disappointingly.

message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara (saharasbooknook) | 22 comments I really disliked Caraval and I have to say I'm not that into the ACOTAR trilogy. Like, I read the first one and I will probably finish the series, but I'm just kind of "eh" toward it...

message 16: by BookThief (new)

BookThief | 10 comments The Book Thief and The Night Circus. What was the point of those books ?! \(*_*)/

message 17: by Julia (new)

Julia Oelbaum | 35 comments The Vampire Diaries Books

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 160 comments I know this was huge a few years back but I aboutly hatted The Raven Boys. Just didn't do a thing for me and the charters I found rather dull and boring all the way around. Even the story line for me was just 'eh' took about a year or so just to actually deal with finishing it.

message 19: by Vasiliki (new)

Vasiliki Di | 1 comments Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen. I found it too boring. I cannot understand why it is considered as a top classic.

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Smith The Night Circus--had some spots of beauuuutiful writing, but the plot really needed some work.

City of Bones--just not a fan of this series. I have been thinking of picking up one of the spin-off titles to see if I like the characters/plots any more.

The Girl on the Train--annoying and predictable.

message 21: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Angelfall, Throne of Glass, Maze Runner, Labyrinth Lost, A Darker Shade of Magic, the Winner's Curse, Uprooted, Divergent, An Ember in the Ashes, Perks of Being a Wallflower

message 22: by Sara (new)

Sara (saharasbooknook) | 22 comments Julia wrote: "The Vampire Diaries Books"
I think this is one of the few times that the adaptation was better than the books.

message 23: by NerdyJediGymnast (new)

NerdyJediGymnast | 191 comments Sara wrote: "I really disliked Caraval and I have to say I'm not that into the ACOTAR trilogy. Like, I read the first one and I will probably finish the series, but I'm just kind of "eh" toward ..."

Same! It was ok, but Caraval is NOT my fave

message 24: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 40 comments The Hunger Games
It was so confusing! Also, i couldn't get into it.

message 25: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelb) Valerie wrote: ""Kristel wrote: "The Fault In Our Stars. Man, I hated that book."

♥Fire♥ wrote: I 100% agree with you, It sucked."

I feel like, with this book, either you love it or you hate it. I think it happe..."

Yeah, I think so too. I loved the other books I read by John Green, I just hated this one so much. It still makes me reluctant to pick up another of his books xD

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 160 comments Fifty Shades of Gery also I didn't care for at all either

message 27: by Mahea (new)

Mahea | 5 comments The Falling Kingdoms series and Six of Crows

message 28: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 33 comments The Fireman

message 29: by Erica (new)

Erica | 28 comments Perks of Being a Wallflower. Charlie's writing style really annoyed me.

message 30: by missyfabioulous (new)

missyfabioulous | 19 comments Any John green book and the divergent trilogy

message 31: by Bhawisha (new)

Bhawisha | 18 comments The Hobbit, hands down.

message 32: by Luana (new)

Luana (pirilua) | 13 comments Fangirl.

message 33: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (mayacat) | 4 comments Paper Towns, I just didn't like anything about it

message 34: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 170 comments Alexa wrote: "Paper Towns, I just didn't like anything about it"

It's a pretty bad book, a cheap copy of his other book, Looking for Alaska.

message 35: by Lily (new)

Lily (_tigerlily) Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (which is ironic because I LOVE Six of Crows)

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkowski

Queen of Shadows & Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas - I love the first 3 books, but not the later installments, unfortunately

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie  (irrelavantreader) | 11 comments Lily wrote: "Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (which is ironic because I LOVE Six of Crows)

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkowski

Queen of Shadows & Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas - I love the first 3 book..."

I tried to read The Winner's Curse and I just could not get into it at all

message 37: by Tushar (new)

Tushar Patel | 13 comments Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) by Kristin Cashore , Rapture (Shadowdwellers #2)by Jacquelyn Frank and Breath of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #2) by Amanda Bouchet

message 38: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) | 80 comments Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children by Ransom Riggs. I couldn't stand Jacob and it was so boring, to me at least.

message 39: by josephine (new)

josephine (anjmjen) A Darker Shade of Magic and A Gathering of Shadows. Lila was unbearable and completely ruined the books for me. Might try and reread the first one at a later point to see if it changes but for now I'm not interested in the slightest of getting the last one :(

message 40: by Louise (new)

Louise | 101 comments Alexa wrote: "Louise wrote: "Heartless by Marissa Meyer i didnt like it. Slow and boring characters.."

Agreed 100%, couldn't stand Heartless"

Glad its not only me!:)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater liked the idea but not much else might check out the tv series they are making
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

message 42: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) | 7 comments The first book I've ever hated with a passion is Fangirl. I was seriously offended by how bad it was and Levi was such a weird and creepy love interest. For some reason I'm in the mood to reread it and see if I'll enjoy it more. In addition to that, The Fault in Our Stars and The Upside of Unrequited made me extremely uncomfortable and Furthermore was too boring to finish.

message 43: by Audita (new)

Audita (auditawdy) | 8 comments the raven boys.....

message 44: by ~Bellegirl91~ (new)

~Bellegirl91~ (bellegirl91) Gone Girl and Marie Lu books....

Note on Marie Lu: I hate to say this but I'm never picking another one of her books up again. I still have yet to read Midnight Star (I'm usually a sucker for trilogies) and yeah. So.....Sorry Lu fans....

message 45: by ~Bellegirl91~ (new)

~Bellegirl91~ (bellegirl91) Oh and one other that just came to mind (and don't hate me for this one) but I didn't like Eleanor and Park that much. ESPECIALLY the end. Idk why I didn't like it but I didn't. It was okay but something was DEFINITELY missing!

message 46: by K. (new)

K. (keiiksm) Heartless; everything was predictable, the writing was just mediocre, and the romance was so...meh.

Don't Let Me Go; I HATE this book with every inches of my being. It's the worst romance book I've ever read.

message 47: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne ~Bellegirl91~ wrote: "Gone Girl and Marie Lu books....

Note on Marie Lu: I hate to say this but I'm never picking another one of her books up again. I still have yet to read Midnight Star (I'm usually a sucker for tri..."

I only read The Young Elites trilogy but I hated that one!

message 48: by Wayward Skyril (new)

Wayward Skyril | 22 comments The Mortal Instruments.

I read the first two books because EVERYONE seemed to love the story, and I still don't get why. Weird, not very interesting plot and boring and annoying characters. A cliche romance that became gross that I ASSUME was going to clear up eventually, but that I wasn't willing to wait around for. The writing was fine, but not at all exceptional... I don't get why it's such a fav.

message 49: by Delia (last edited May 28, 2017 08:11PM) (new)

Delia (deelsian) Darkest minds. I tried, I really did. But i could not finish it. I did not care for any of the characters.

message 50: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (alexabc) | 0 comments Deels ☾✨ wrote: "Darkest minds. I tried, I really did. But i could not finish it. I did not care for any of the characters."

Nooooo!! I loved that series XD However, Bracken's Passengers? NOPE. NOT FOR ME. Also, The Bone Season. So boring and info-dumpy. I wanted to love it but couldn't :(

« previous 1 3 4 5 6