What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Help need title of romance novel with heroine mistakenly kidnapped. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 26 comments I am looking for a romance novel where the heroine is mistakenly kidnapped. I think they meant to get her cousin. The heroine is kidnapped the day her cousin is to be married. I think she is taken by the man the cousin was going to marry. The heroine and hero end up falling for each other and marry. There's one scene that I remember. The heroine and hero travel back to where the heroine was kidnapped. The hero is taking a bath and the heroine just had one so she's naked. They are kissing when her cousin runs thru the door saying the hero is back and stops in her tracks . She tries to look at the hero's body but he covers himself and says this belongs to the heroine now. Ring a bell anyone? Thanks.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
Sandy, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

What's the time period and location/country of the story?

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 26 comments I read it bet 1999 and 2005. It's a historical romance not contemporary but I don't remember exact year or country sorry. I do remember the hero having a good friend who also liked the heroine. This caused jealousy in the hero which prompted the hero and heroine's affair which led to marriage. I also remember the heroine had a curvy body while her cousin had a skinny one.

message 4: by Carola (new)

Carola (grungebetty) | 68 comments Following

message 5: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 747 comments Following

message 6: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1322 comments Similar idea, but not quite the same.

The Wrong Sister by Marie Kelly
h's flighty younger sister (poor) announces she is marrying H's flighty younger brother (rich), but the h & H don't approve. The h is willing to have a chat and flys out to Greece(?) to sort it out. The H has limited details and ends up kidnapping the h instead of the sister to his private island where it just so happens that all comms and access have been cut off for a week... Until after the proposed wedding. Doesn't believe h when she tries to point out that it's her sister that they need to be talking to. He just thinks she's a gold digger trying to trick him into getting back to his brother. Drama, love and chaos ensues ;)

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
Kidnapped the Wrong Sister by Marie Kelly - MJ's suggestion

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 26 comments Kris-it's not "Kidnapped the wrong sister" but thanks.
MJ- I don't think the heroine is treated badly. I don't remember anything about an inheritance but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I think the hero may have been presumed dead. I also remember after they marry and return, the hero is taken and the heroine with the help of the hero's friend has to rescue him. I remember a scene with him behind bars .

message 9: by JennyG (last edited May 28, 2017 06:41AM) (new)

JennyG | 532 comments In Kathleen E. Woodiwiss book So Worthy My Love the heroine is mistakenly kidnapped instead of her cousin. There is also a friend who starts courting heroine and makes hero realise he cares for her.

Originally published in 1989 and reissued in 1999.

message 10: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 26 comments JennyG--thank you "So Worrhy My Love" is the book ! Just bought it for my nook! 😬

message 11: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 532 comments Glad I could help. Happy reading! :)