Star Trek Reads discussion

Myriad Universes > All Vulcan Books?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amelia (last edited Jul 21, 2020 08:29PM) (new)

Amelia Nichole Defield (amelianichole) | 13 comments Hi there,

I'm on a quest to collect all of the ST:TOS novels about Vulcans. Please send me your suggestions!! :)

Here is what I own so far:
Books with Vulcans as a main plot point:
Spock's World
Vulcan's Forge
Vulcan's Glory
The Vulcan Academy Murders
Corona
The IDIC Epidemic
Yesterday's Son
Time for Yesterday
Sarek

Books with main or secondary Vulcan characters (not just Spock): (Really looking for more of these)
The Lost Years
Dreadnought!
Battlestations!
The Devil's Heart

I also like to read books with Spock as a primary character.
Prime Directive
Killing Time
Uhura's Song
The Final Nexus
Battlestations!
The Rift
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Crossover
The Prometheus Design
Vulcan's Heart

On my list to buy:
The Entropy Effect
Exodus
Exiles
Epiphany
Mind Meld
Spock Must Die!
Harbinger
Cast No Shadow
Rough Beasts of Empire
Crisis on Vulcan
The Price of the Phoenix
The Fate Of The Phoenix

message 2: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Harbeke | 31 comments Cast No Shadow has Valeris in a major role. Some books with Ambassador Spock include Crossover and Rough Beasts of Empire. The Vanguard series has a Vulcan main character who does end up on Vulcan, IIRC.

message 3: by CJ (new)

CJ (thebookdream) | 6 comments Ishmael (Spock centric crossover with a Western TV series. Forget which one. REALLY good.)

Dwellers in the Crucible (Doesn't follow any of the main characters, but sort of reflects the Kirk/Spock dynamic with some original characters)

message 4: by CJ (new)

CJ (thebookdream) | 6 comments Also, possibly Mindmeld (Spock had to protect his niece)

message 5: by cardassiana (new)

cardassiana | 3 comments vulcan accademy murder ( if i remember corretly the title , all about sarek and amanda)

message 6: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie | 73 comments Spock Must Die which was in the 70s.
The Vulcan Academy Murders which was followed up with a sequel - the IDIC Epidemic.

You have Vulcan's Heart listed. I think Vulcan's Forge and Vulcan's Soul (3 books - Exodus, Exiles, Epiphany) would qualify for your list, all of which had the same authors. These are all around the time period after the 6th original Star Trek movie.

message 7: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Nichole Defield (amelianichole) | 13 comments Awesome! I added some of the suggestions to my list!

message 8: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (danintennessee) | 5 comments Can someone speak more about Vulcan's Heart? Looks like a really good book but I've got a lot in my 'to read' list.

message 9: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Harbeke | 31 comments Vulcan's Heart features Spock in the time between TOS and TNG. If you like Saavik, the Enterprise-C, or that friend he made in Vulcan's Forge, you should definitely read this book. Between Forge, Heart, and the Soul trilogy, I recommend Heart most highly of the Sherman/Shwartz Vulcan books.

message 10: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (danintennessee) | 5 comments Thank you. That is a strong recommendation.

message 11: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Nichole Defield (amelianichole) | 13 comments Well I know the next book I'm buying! ;)

message 12: by Andrew (last edited Sep 01, 2017 01:53PM) (new)

Andrew | -5 comments Agree on Ishmael, that was a beautiful entertaining read. Also, best to read Forge before Heart? Or doesn't matter?

Thanks

message 13: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | -5 comments Christa wrote: "Ishmael (Spock centric crossover with a Western TV series. Forget which one. REALLY good.)

Dwellers in the Crucible (Doesn't follow any of the main characters, but sort of reflects the Kirk/Spock ..."

Here Comes the Brides I believe was the name of the show.

message 14: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Harbeke | 31 comments If you're reading both, Forge comes before Heart. Like all Trek books, you can read them well enough alone, too.

message 15: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Nichole Defield (amelianichole) | 13 comments Updating to include the ones I've purchased / read and opening up to the TNG and DS9 books as well. ENT and VOY will be a hard sell, but I'm open to finding more Vulcans. :)

message 16: by Jean-françois (new)

Jean-françois Virey (jfvirey) | 1 comments Jean Lorrah published a few fanzines in the same world as "The Vulcan Academy Murders" (Full Moon Rising, The Night of the Twin Moons, Epilogue: Parts I & II). They were quite good. "T'Prang of Vulcan" can be downloaded for free on the web and I'm told it's excellent (I plan to read it myself.) The Kraith series had a lot of Vulcan material in it. Also, Margaret Wander Bonanno has a trilogy (The Others/ Otherwhere/ Otherwise) which is basically about reimagined Vulcans.