What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA realistic fiction/romance with multiple POVs of students who go to the same high school. Takes place over a summer? Short title contains "folly" and/or "island"? [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leann (new)

Leann (lean_rosey) | 5 comments I read this young adult book when I was in high school, and I believe it was new at the time - so somewhere between 2000-2006. It was contemporary fiction, realistic. I think the title had the words "folly" and/or "island" in it. Short title, 2 or 3 words. It had a blueish cover - may have been beachy - and was a paperback.

In the story, each chapter is a different POV, all high school age characters who go to school together and know one another. I think it took place over a summer. One boy writes a poem about his sexuality .. something about the boys being more interesting to him than "the girls in their bikinis."

Suggestions much appreciated!!
thank you!

message 2: by Leann (new)

Leann (lean_rosey) | 5 comments Bumping this - no new information sadly but still really curious!

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32317 comments Mod
Added more details to the topic header. Feel free to edit it. This might trigger someone's memory.

message 4: by Leann (new)

Leann (lean_rosey) | 5 comments Didn't realize I could write that much, thanks!

message 5: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4122 comments What's in a Name by Ellen Wittlinger? There is a poem "Who Am I?":
If I don't trust anyone
but decide all of a sudden, what
the hell, to tell my big secret anyway
abouthowthe poolside girls don't
interestme nearly as much as the boys:
who am I?

https://books.google.com/books?id=eM9...

message 6: by Leann (new)

Leann (lean_rosey) | 5 comments YES. Ah thank you!! I was so off with the title but the cover has a sign that says "Scrub Harbor" I think that's what I was remembering. You're the best!

message 7: by Leann (new)

Leann (lean_rosey) | 5 comments ...and the plot is about the town changing its name to Folly Bay. That makes sense now!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

What's in a Name (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ellen Wittlinger (other topics)