YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
This topic is about Angelfall
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee - Restarting May 12th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83308 comments Mod

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee will be our 1st GBR for June 2017.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

message 4: by Soumya (new) - added it

Soumya  (-crazyangelicvamp-) I've read a Angel-befriends-human sort of book before (Angel Fire or something of the sort) and I'm hoping this isn't the usual flat characters, angel and human fall in love and fight the world sort of thing. Doesn't seem to be so though.

message 5: by Lesa (new) - added it

Lesa Divine | 1490 comments Question. Angelfall is part 1 of 3 will the rest of the series be added on for June read or just part 1?

message 6: by Shantavia (new) - added it

Shantavia | 1171 comments I believe I may be participating in this since I own all 3 books and I need to get them read. I'm excited to read them 😊

Lesa wrote: "Question. Angelfall is part 1 of 3 will the rest of the series be added on for June read or just part 1?"

It will just be book 1 on this thread, but you might find someone else wanting to read the rest of the series on our Wanted thread ☺

Karen Barber | 10131 comments Have had this lurking on my kindle for ages. Have seen mixed reviews so we'll see how it goes.

Karen Barber | 10131 comments Talk about plunging us straight in to a nightmare. The panic as we realise the significance of the feather floating out of the sky was chillingly depicted. Not sure why this has all happened, but I guess we might get told.

Karen Barber | 10131 comments Up to ch15. Not sure why the angels are doing what they are doing. Pen's mother seems seriously disturbed.

Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Little late, but I will hopefully start this shortly c:

Karen Barber | 10131 comments Up to ch24. (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10131 comments Up to ch40. Seriously disturbing.

Karen Barber | 10131 comments Finished. Though there's things I liked about this-namely the idea and the relationship between Penryn and a Raffe - it felt a bit of a mixed-up book.

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch4

(view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch9

(view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch12

(view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch19

(view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch23

(view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch31

(view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch35

(view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch40

(view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Finisheddddd

(view spoiler)

chapter 28 (view spoiler)

Ananya | 261 comments Hello! Sorry I'm quite late, but I will be joining! :)
Read up till Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Ananya | 261 comments Chapter 25 (view spoiler)

Heather | 10195 comments Im joining in as well

Ananya | 261 comments Chapter 40 (view spoiler)

Ananya | 261 comments Finished (view spoiler)

message 31: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 7 (view spoiler)

Jamie | 10999 comments starting late!

message 33: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 19 (view spoiler)

Jamie | 10999 comments Ch 4 (view spoiler)

message 35: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 28 (view spoiler)

message 36: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 36 (view spoiler)

message 37: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Finished! Who is going to read the next one? I think I might do it next month... (view spoiler)

Jamie | 10999 comments I might join you on the next one depending how this goes. I'll let you know when I'm done. 😄

Jamie | 10999 comments Natalie wrote: "Ch9

The whole idea of using the wings to pretend to be an angel and scare off the gang members WAS a good idea... just unfortunately poorly executed.
"

(view spoiler)

Jamie | 10999 comments Ch 15 (view spoiler)

message 41: by Jamie (last edited Jun 21, 2017 02:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie | 10999 comments Ch 27 (view spoiler)

Jamie | 10999 comments Done (view spoiler)

message 43: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 2nd of September 2017

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 44: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Page 72 (view spoiler)

message 45: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Page 152 (view spoiler)

message 46: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 12th of May 2018

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Chap 8
(view spoiler)

message 48: by Ashley (last edited May 13, 2018 08:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Chap 19
(view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Chap 25
(view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments end
(view spoiler)

« previous 1