Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2017- Monthly Challenges > Pick For Me Challenge - June 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 268 (268 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments If you played in May no need to re-post your shelf link unless you renamed it. Just state below that you're playing in June. Easy peazy.

If you've never played before, jump on in. Simply create a new shelf in your GR books library for the Pick For Me challenge. Add 20 or so of your favorite, unread books. Then, add a link to your shelf in a post below.

At the end of the month pairs will be randomly selected to pick a book from your Pick For Me shelf. You'll have the entire month of June to read it and come back to let us know how you liked it.

Picking a book for someone else, and having someone pick a book for you, is FUN! Come play!

message 2: by Fabi (last edited May 31, 2017 11:05AM) (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Pair Listing - first listed name picks for 2nd listed name on the same row

Amy Pick For Me, Lisa

Anna Pick For Me, Jan

Bev Pick For Me, Amy

Ela Pick For Me, Leslie

Fabi Pick For Me, Grey

Grey Pick For Me, Michelle

Jan Pick For Me, Jean

Jean Pick For Me, Renee

Kate Pick For Me, Tessa

Leslie Pick For Me, Fabi

Lisa Pick For Me, bev

Michelle Pick For Me, Anna

Niki Pick For Me, Ela

Paula Pick For Me, Kate

Renee Pick For Me, Paula

Tessa Pick For Me Niki

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments I'm skipping June to catch up on May. 🙄

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments And I guess I'll also be skipping Bev's June Challenge since the book I'm supposed to be reading is the one keeping me so damn busy.

message 5: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments No worries Robin. These are crazy busy months for you.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Count me in for June 😀

message 7: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Playing.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I am in for June!!

message 9: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I am in for June too!

message 10: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm in!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I will play.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm using the shelf we used the first time, do I need to repost?

message 13: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) I haven't finished my May one yet 39% :( but I'm in for June.

message 14: by Niki (new)

Niki | 45 comments I'm in for June!!

message 15: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Totally down...

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Robin wrote: "And I guess I'll also be skipping Bev's June Challenge since the book I'm supposed to be reading is the one keeping me so damn busy."

You get a bye for this next couple months...but you better name a character in your book after me - even if it's like a pet hamster or an imaginary friend!!!

message 17: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Lisa the kangaroo...I totally see it!

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna Penwick  (annapenwick) | 166 comments I haven't finished my May pick yet. I'm in for June.

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate | 26 comments I'm in for June!

Pick For Me

message 20: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Psst... If I get Kate, she's getting a bully book. :P

message 21: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments bev wrote: "I'm using the shelf we used the first time, do I need to repost?"

Nope, I can find it. :-)

message 22: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Tessa wrote: "Psst... If I get Kate, she's getting a bully book. :P"

Dropping hints doesn't work Tessa. hahaha

message 23: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Oh.my.gawwwd. Have y'all seen the books Kate has on her shelf?! *thud* hits the floor
Everybody is going to want to pick for Kate. ha!!!

message 24: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Hey, now. I'm looking at Oblivion. You should appreciate that! :P You adore the Lux series.

message 25: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments I most certainly do. :-). But I'm not sure I could pick a single one off Kate's shelf. :-O

message 26: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Pfft. She only has, what? 10 5 star books from my list on the pick me list? What's that really... :D

message 27: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Back off Tessa, (and you too Fabi) I want Kate!!! Some of you have all these PNR/Fantasy stuff that would make it very difficult for me to pick.

I'm calling dibs on Kate.

message 28: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I'll wrestle you for Kate, Leslie!!

message 29: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments LMAO! I saw some nice choices on that list as well!

message 31: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Leslie wrote: "Back off Tessa, (and you too Fabi) I want Kate!!! Some of you have all these PNR/Fantasy stuff that would make it very difficult for me to pick.

I'm calling dibs on Kate."

Hey now! I have a lot of non-PNR stuff. Last month, Fabi picked Night Shifts Black for me. :) I still have things like Wrecked and Ruin, Infamous Ellen James, and Door One... Which apparently are the only CR books. I have to add more, I guess.

message 32: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Kate is either going to feel extremely loved & welcomed OR she will think we are a bunch of crazies and go running for the hills.

Bring it Lisa!

message 33: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Leslie wrote: "Kate is either going to feel extremely loved & welcomed OR she will think we are a bunch of crazies and go running for the hills.

Bring it Lisa!"

Hahaha! It's like "oooh, new blood!" *whips out fork*

message 34: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Robin wrote: "Leslie wrote: "Kate is either going to feel extremely loved & welcomed OR she will think we are a bunch of crazies and go running for the hills.

Bring it Lisa!"

Hahaha! It's like "oooh, new bloo..."

Your point? 10 5 star books on that list! 10!!

message 35: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I just revised my pick-for-me list. I got rid of some of the "first in long series" ones and replaced with some stand alones.

message 36: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Haha. I don't like bully books so it's odds on I will get to pick for Kate.

message 37: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments lol She's got a lot of goodies on there. A lot are not bully books. :)

message 38: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Lisa wrote: "Robin wrote: "And I guess I'll also be skipping Bev's June Challenge since the book I'm supposed to be reading is the one keeping me so damn busy."

You get a bye for this next couple months...but ..."

Alright Lisa. You are now working the VIP entrance at a SXSW party. Glamorous, I know. But...better than a hamster! 😂😂😂

message 39: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments YAY....I am a star!!!!

message 40: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Um.. "star"..."ticket taker"...yeah, same thing! (whispers...hey at least you aren't in that weird band, Glass Surface!)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh gosh. Could you imagine being a character in a book? I would read way to much into it, lol. Like, wait that's how you see me?

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Is the manager of Glass Surface Fabi?

message 43: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Choices:

A woman with short reddish hair pushed back by tortoise shell glasses...

or

A woman with spiky blue hair wearing a Anthrax t-shirt...

or fill in the blank:
A woman with ____ ____ hair, blah blah blah :D

message 44: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments And she's their lead guitarist.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooh make it like a mad lib or when was Glass Surface heydays?

90s?
Like she could be a Winona Rider, Drew Barrymore, or Courtney Love type, lol.

message 46: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments hahaha I didn't put that much thought into GS yet. So far they only come up once, but that might change. *might*

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Fabi is? I love it.

I keep thinking of Fabi as a Joan Baez type playing her guitar.

message 48: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments LOL No I was kidding. As of now I have no members mentioned aside from the lead singer and he's a dude that goes nameless. But, if I use them again down the line... 🤔

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Glass Surface really sounds like an 80s band though.

message 50: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments It totally does. They'll have to be retro.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6