Sometimes I Lie Sometimes I Lie discussion

Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna Just finished reading "Sometime I lie by Alice Fenney". OMG! OMG! OMG! This book has more twist and turns than an Italian roadway going up/down a mountain. It had my attention from the frist page to the last. All I can say is READ THIS BOOK.

Debbie I agree. It was so good but I didn't understand the ending.

Kathiey V. I am close to the end and I am confused. just who is Claire, Taylor and Amber. This is not well described in the book. Help me figure this out

message 4: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Carmichael Donna wrote: "Just finished reading "Sometime I lie by Alice Fenney". OMG! OMG! OMG! This book has more twist and turns than an Italian roadway going up/down a mountain. It had my attention from the frist page t..."
Donna I so agree with you, it was so great!!!

message 5: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Carmichael I really enjoyed this one!

message 6: by Jayaprakash (new) - added it

Jayaprakash Wow! I just finished reading this book, I have to talk about this to someone. What does the ending mean? Is Taylor Claire *spoilers*? Is amber turned evil in the end or from the starting itself? Is thag why the last line at diary said what it said? I mean I have so much questions and I don't know whether I missed them or there wasn't any to miss!

Gloria Zak I will pipe in that I did not find the storyline credible. How much can happen to one person. What really did it for me was the introduction of the ex-boyfriend in the middle of this plot. Too much! Sorry for the disagreement

message 8: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Carmichael Yes Gloria you do have a good point about the ex-boyfriend. It did get confusing at times

message 9: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I really liked the book but I too am very confused! I don’t know who is who anymore. Help someone!

message 10: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Carmichael Lol me too, I may have to re read the book!!!

message 11: by Nadia (new) - added it

Nadia Ahmad Ok to all the people who are confused. I read this book twice very careful so I think I can somewhat help with what I understood. So Amber is the women in coma. Amber is the same person as Taylor, the best friend who Claire was talking about in her diaries. (Diaries belong to Claire) After Claire killed her parents, which later on in the book we find out that it was Ambers idea, Ambers parents adopt Claire. I believe the ending with the bracelet being placed on the table is a sign that Claire didn’t die. If you remember when amber walked in the room she said that Claire was still alive and David was dead. She said it seems like Claire didn’t eat enough of the food. Also if you remember When Claire came to apologize to amber in the hospital she said that Claire was gone and so was the bracelet when she woke up. That’s a sign that Claire has the bracelet.

message 12: by Nadia (new) - added it

Nadia Ahmad Hope that helped 😊

Cindy Ehrenreich Kathiey wrote: "I am close to the end and I am confused. just who is Claire, Taylor and Amber. This is not well described in the book. Help me figure this out"

Taylor & Amber are the same person. Her name is actually Amber Taylor, but as a child people called her by her last name Taylor. Claire is the girl who wrote the diaries. When her parents died in the fire she set, Amber Taylor's parents adopted her.

Cindy Ehrenreich Okay, so when and why did Amber start planning to kill Claire? Obviously it was before the accident since she was setting up Madeline as the culprit. She had reasons to kill her after the accident, but why would she want to kill her before the accident?

message 15: by Nadia (new) - added it

Nadia Ahmad Amber had many reasons to kill Claire, she was clearly jealous. She always talked about Claire having everything easy and how her life is miserable. I also think she wanted her kids, since she couldn’t have any herself.

message 16: by Rita (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rita I just finished reading Sometimes I Lie. I loved it and followed the twists. But the end got me. I'm not happy about it. It left too much unfished business. Is Claire still alive and living with David and her twins? Is it Amber who was killed? Did Edward bring the bracelet. (How would he have it?) I feel a good story needs less questions in the end!

Cindy Ehrenreich Rita wrote: "I just finished reading Sometimes I Lie. I loved it and followed the twists. But the end got me. I'm not happy about it. It left too much unfished business. Is Claire still alive and living with Da..."

Amber & Paul have the twins. David is dead, but it's questionable whether Claire is dead or alive. Amber believes Claire is dead, but the bracelet has us questioning if Claire is really dead.

Laurie What was the anniversary that Paul mentioned they were celebrating at the end of the book?

message 19: by Rita (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rita I don't remember. Someone please answer.

Jennifer Laurie wrote: "What was the anniversary that Paul mentioned they were celebrating at the end of the book?"

I was wondering the same thing! It would be Feb-March timeframe...maybe the anniversary of when they met at that dinner party?

Connie Behrens I just finished the book and was interested through out the whole thing. I thought I followed closely but like so many others was confused about the ending. I may have to read it again?

message 22: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Carmichael Connie wrote: "I just finished the book and was interested through out the whole thing. I thought I followed closely but like so many others was confused about the ending. I may have to read it again?"
Wow Connie me too, I really new to reread it, I think I have missed something because some of it does not add up!

Gabriel I just finished the book

I didn't like it, it was in the end like a chore for me to finish it...

the writing style, yes, is masterful, well above average, a joy to indulge ourselves with...

the story, however, is ugly, sad, ugly despicable characters, a sociopath kid-girl who grows to become a sociopath woman, taking over and manipulating lives, and plenty of lies, at every corner, not just "sometimes" but almost all the time... what is to like about this... deceit, cunning, lies and sociopathic behavior...

I am sorry, but me, I didn't like it, the story, the theme...

that being said, I don't regret getting my hand on this book, mainly for the unique and original writing style...

but I won't ever buy it, to own it, to go back to it - I got it from my local library, but I won't ever buy it...

Danni lynn ❤ I loved it 💟

Lynda I loved this book! I can’t stop thinking about it. Yes, it is confusing and it has a lot going on, but I thought it was very well done. I loved the structure of the book, with Then, Now and the Diary entries. I look forward to her new book!!!

message 26: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine What was the 'anniversary' that Amber and David were celebrating at the end? I'm still trying to figure this novel out. Claire wanted a different life and killed her parents. She could have been lying when she wrote in her diary that Amber told her to do it. Amber hated Madeline, because if she had taken Claire in, Amber would not feel that she lost her parents' love. I think Edward is still alive because no body was found. Also, I believe that Claire had been giving him information about Amber. I guess the sequel will answer our questions.

message 27: by Theresa (new) - added it

Theresa Mcmanus I enjoyed reading the book but I thought it was written to be confusing and to set the background for a follow up book.