Reading 1001 discussion

I, Robot (Robot, #0.1)
This topic is about I, Robot
Archives > June 2017 BOTM - CORRECTED RESULTS

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (last edited May 20, 2017 06:02PM) (new) - added it

John Seymour My apologies, Kristel is correct - I missed Anita's votes which changes the results.

I, Robot is still the Popular Vote Winner, but White Tiger is the Weighted Vote Winner. That left 24 remaining books (Anita also voted for Before Night Falls, adding it to the Randomizer), which this time around selected Time's Arrow.

So, in (corrected) summary:

Popular Vote Winner - I, Robot, by Isaac Asimov

Weighted Vote Winner - The White Tiger, by Aravind Adiga

Random Selection - Time's Arrow, by Martin Amis

My apologies for the confusion.

message 2: by Diane (last edited May 21, 2017 08:24AM) (new) - added it

Diane Zwang | 1218 comments Mod
I will be reading I, Robot and White Tiger. Look forward to Patrick's challenge choices. In preparation for our next seasonal read I am going to start The Hobbit which I have not read yet.

Patrick Robitaille | 904 comments Since I have already read two of them, that leaves the Fables, most likely in later June. I am currently finishing the second (and even better) part of the Three Kingdoms and will move on to Invisible Man. Then it will be the Sixth Labour and dealing with my small BOTM backlog.

Kristel (kristelh) | 3967 comments Mod
I've read all of them but Aesop's Fables probably not completely. So if anything, that would be a possibility but I think I will be just focusing on finishing the Infinite Jest.

In my calculations I had White Tiger winning the weighted vote. Must have missed an Aesop vote.

message 5: by Pip (new)

Pip | 1361 comments I've read Adichie and Aesop, although those tales could be a re-read if I ever catch up the BOTMs. Asimov is an Audible, so I will listen to that. But I am off today for a very busy three weeks in Hong Kong where I intend to at least finish The Idiot and make a start on the Three Kingdoms, now that Infinite Jest is finally finished.

message 6: by John (new) - added it

John Seymour Wait, Wait - Kristel is correct.

Anita voted after I had tallied that days vote and while I was figuring my votes - and I missed her votes completely.

I will re-figure - my bad.

message 7: by John (last edited May 21, 2017 02:49AM) (new) - added it

John Seymour I expect to finish Three Kingdoms this month and will focus on Infinite Jest in June, plus Time's Arrow and possibly the Sixth Labour.

message 8: by Tracy (last edited May 20, 2017 08:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tracy (tstan) | 557 comments I've read all three, and finished Infinite Jest. I'll see what Patrick has in store, and keep plugging away at some of the other books.

Patrick Robitaille | 904 comments As I already read The White Tiger, I'll be swapping Aesop (which will gather more dust on the TBR bookshelf) for Time's Arrow.

Diane | 2022 comments Unfortunately, I have read all three for this month. I read Time's Arrow about a month ago, so I definitely will not be re-reading it :). I may re-read I-Robot since I read that a long time ago. I will also try to chip away at the Three Kingdoms.

Kristel (kristelh) | 3967 comments Mod
I might try Time's Arrow.

message 12: by Pip (new)

Pip | 1361 comments I'll read Time's Arrow cos it's on my shelf (and I voted for it) and listen to I, Robot. I've read White Tiger and loved it.

message 13: by Sushicat (new) - added it

Sushicat | 292 comments I'll read I, Robot and see what Herculean task awaits us this month.

Paula S (paula_s) | 220 comments I have already read I, Robot and The White Tiger, but I will try to find the time to reread. Time's arrow sounds a bit strange, but I will try to find it and read it.

Anita Pomerantz | 166 comments Thank you for taking such pains to include my vote! Excited to read White Tiger. Really enjoyed I, Robot when I read it with this group another time.

message 16: by John (new) - added it

John Seymour Paula wrote: "I have already read I, Robot and The White Tiger, but I will try to find the time to reread. Time's arrow sounds a bit strange, but I will try to find it and read it."

I want to read White Tiger again, but not yet. If I was going to do a re-read, I would read I, Robot. But I'm generally not. So I won't.