YA LGBT Books discussion

Book Related Banter > Help me find this book I remember reading... Book helpline

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jazper (new)

Jazper (jazpersona) | 3 comments Apologies for the weird title, but I only remember the most vague details about this book. I started it as a teen in the school library and never got to finish it, but it's been bothering me since!
Also wasn't sure where to post this or if it's even okay to ask but I'm desperate for details! So applogies and thanks!

The only stuff I remember is -

• The narrator/main character was a teen girl
• She had an estranged father who moved to the seaside somewhere, whom we later find out was gay and living with his artist boyfriend.
• Girl takes boyfriend down to meet the father at some point (may have been in a sequel I read also and forgot about)

Stuff I think I remember but I'm not 100% sure I'm not confused with another book. Would also like the name lf this one too if I am.

• Girls mother was a librarian
• Grandmother comes to love with them at some point

Thank you very much if you can help me remember! It's really been niggling me!

message 2: by Rez (new)

Rez Delnava (rez_delnava) | 582 comments Do you remember when you read it (what year)? That would help to narrow down the number of books that match these criteria.

message 3: by Jazper (new)

Jazper (jazpersona) | 3 comments It was quite a while ago sorry, if I had to guess, somewhere between 2009-2011? I know this is really vague but I figured it's worth a try!

message 4: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16460 comments Sounds very familiar but I can't come up with it. There is a list - Books for Teens with LGBT Parents - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...

Might be worth browsing to see if something rings a bell. Maybe Rainbowheart will stop by here - they're the group's premier list maker and book-rememberer :)

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 715 comments Haha, you called? Sounds a little like Returning to Shore by Corinne Demas. It has the seaside and the estranged father, but it's from 2014 and I'm not sure the other details match.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 715 comments Did some more searching and think I found it! Girl, Nearly 16: Absolute Torture by Sue Limb.

message 7: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16460 comments <3

message 9: by Jazper (new)

Jazper (jazpersona) | 3 comments Rainbowheart that's it! Thank you so much! I've read a few of books from the author but I never thought to check thanks so much!

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 715 comments You're welcome! Glad I could help out. :)

message 11: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16460 comments I'm going to convert this to a general thread for "Help me find this book I remember..."

Rainbowheart is amazing, but hopefully the rest of us can be helpful to each other too.

Beagle Lover (Avid Reader) (beaglelover55) | 13 comments Good assist, Rainbowheart! :-D

message 13: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Rainbowheart, you rock!

message 14: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 715 comments Aw, thanks guys! I'm happy to help out if anyone is trying to remember the title of a book they read.