The Challenge Factory discussion

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Lanelle | 13236 comments Mod
Found the member(s) you want to play against?

Post here and I'll set up your game thread.

message 2: by Plethora (new)

Plethora (bookworm_r) | 461 comments Two person game: Plethora and Carmen the Bootyshaker

Thank you.

message 3: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Plethora and Carmen, your game is already to go. Here's the link if you need it.

I will try to get a new picture of the board game within a day or two. Let me know if you need help figuring out a space.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 321 comments Me (Mary) and Carolyn are playing!

message 5: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited May 18, 2017 01:03PM) (new)

Mary and Carolyn, your game is set up for you here. Enjoy!

message 6: by Mary (last edited May 18, 2017 01:17PM) (new)

Mary | 321 comments Lanelle,

Is there a spreadsheet function we can access to help us keep track of the stamps?

message 7: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Mary wrote: "Lanelle, is there a spreadsheet function we can access to help us keep track of the stamps?"

No. What was done on the old Monopoly game was that one of the players would volunteer to keep track of the properties and who owned them. Here's a sample.

You or your opponent should post the list of the cities and update it when stamps are collected.

message 8: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 3585 comments Alright, we might be stretching the rules a little, but can we please have a 5-person game?
Me, Maria Jo, Nancy85, Jacquelyn and Shae

message 9: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

I was really hoping to keep the games to 4 players. And if I stretch the rules for you guys, I'll have to make exceptions for others as well. *sigh* Okay. I'll set up a game for the five of you.

message 10: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 3585 comments How come you only want 4 max?

message 11: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited May 18, 2017 09:34PM) (new)

There are 2 reasons that are most important.

1) The game gets more complicated the more players that are involved. When there are just the two players, it's pretty straight-forward to keep track of who is where and working on which space. Three players gets a bit trickier. Four players is hard.

2) Analogy: it is easier for a fish to get lost in an ocean than in a pond. When there are a lot of players, it is not as noticeable when one of the players drops out. O well, it's just one gone. When there are a small numbers of players, each is needed and necessary.

Maria Jo, Nancy85, Jacquelyn, Shae and Maddison, your game is all set up for you.
Here's the link.

message 12: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 3585 comments Thanks, but I'll keep up to date with tracking :) I've been playing Monopoly for a while.

message 13: by Jim (new)

Jim Townsend | 69 comments I read one book a week. May I play?

Jim

message 14: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Jim, this is the thread you'll post on when you've found an opponent and are asking to have a game set up for you. Go on over to the Player Discussion Thread.

I know that Jackie (message 4) is looking for a partner and reads 1 book a week.

message 15: by Mary (new)

Mary | 321 comments Lanelle,

My partner, Carolyn, says she cannot comment on our team page. Does she have to sign up somewhere first?

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 1428 comments Mary wrote: "Lanelle,

My partner, Carolyn, says she cannot comment on our team page. Does she have to sign up somewhere first?"

Is she a member of the group? She needs to be if she is not.

message 17: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Mary wrote: "Lanelle,

My partner, Carolyn, says she cannot comment on our team page. Does she have to sign up somewhere first?"

Alison is right, Mary. Carolyn needs to be a member of The Challenge Factory to comment.

message 18: by Mary (new)

Mary | 321 comments Thanks for the info! I've copied your messages to her. I'm assuming there's a "Join" button somewhere on the Challenge Factory home page?

message 19: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited Jun 05, 2017 07:42AM) (new)

Mary wrote: "I'm assuming there's a "Join" button somewhere on the Challenge Factory home page?"

Yep. Top left hand corner.

message 20: by Mary (new)

Mary | 321 comments Thanks again! I hope I can get her straightened out soon.

message 21: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 7 comments Could we please have a game set for Jim, Daph, and myself?

message 22: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Jim, Daph, and Jackie, your game is ready for you. Have fun!

message 23: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 432 comments Lanelle wrote: "Jim, Daph, and Jackie, your game is ready for you. Have fun!"

Thank you!

message 24: by Jim (new)

Jim Townsend | 69 comments Lanelle wrote: "Jim, Daph, and Jackie, your game is ready for you. Have fun!"

Thank you!

message 25: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 7 comments Thank you! :)

message 26: by Julie (new)

Julie | 213 comments Hello, could you set up a board for Cari, Amanda, Kris an Me (Julie)?

message 27: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Julie, the game is ready for you. Let me know if you have any question.

message 28: by Julie (new)

Julie | 213 comments Lanelle wrote: "Julie, the game is ready for you. Let me know if you have any question."

Thank you.

message 29: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 128 comments May me and Eunice have a two person game?

message 30: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited Feb 25, 2018 02:30PM) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) wrote: "May me and Eunice have a two person game?"

You bet. Your game is all ready for you. Have fun!

(Sorry it took so long. Yesterday was a busy day.)

message 31: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 42 comments Two person game. Me and Wolf.

message 32: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Jessica wrote: "Two person game. Me and Wolf."

Jessica, I'll set up your game when Wolf lets us know he's ready.

message 33: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 128 comments Lanelle wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Two person game. Me and Wolf."

Jessica, I'll set up your game when Wolf lets us know he's ready."

Can you set up our thread please?

message 34: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Jessica and Wolf, your game is ready for you. Enjoy!

message 35: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 128 comments Thank you.

message 36: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 123 comments Can Eunice and I have a thread?

message 37: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Can you set up a game for Slytherpuff and Eunice?

message 38: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Eunice and Slytherpuff, your game is all ready for you.

message 39: by Chava (new)

Chava | 111 comments Hi I'd love to play but don't have a team

message 40: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited Sep 14, 2018 01:00PM) (new)

Chava wrote: "Hi I'd love to play but don't have a team"

Chava, this thread is for those who have found partners and are ready to get started. You need to post on the Player Discussion Thread.

Welcome to The Challenge Factory, by the way :)

message 41: by Chava (new)

Chava | 111 comments Lanelle wrote: "Chava wrote: "Hi I'd love to play but don't have a team"

Chava, this thread is for those who have found partners and are ready to get started. You need to post on the Player Discussion Thread.

W..."

Oops, sorry, done now and thanks :) It's great to be here