Debate discussion

Religion > If this just doesn't say it ALL

Comments Showing 1-50 of 186 (186 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Hahahahahahahaha! OMG! haha! That is priceless.

message 2: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 644 comments ...gwendolyn? ...

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments lol. paster is actually a word, but not the word they were looking for

past⋅er  [pey-ster:] Show IPA
–noun
1. a slip of paper gummed on the back, to be pasted on or over something, as over a name on a ballot.
2. a person or thing that pastes.
Origin:
1730–40; paste + -er 1
past  [past, pahst:] Show IPA
–adjective
1. gone by or elapsed in time: It was a bad time, but it's all past now.
2. of, having existed in, or having occurred during a time previous to the present; bygone: the past glories of the Incas.
3. gone by just before the present time; just passed: during the past year.
4. ago: six days past.
5. having formerly been or served as; previous; earlier: three past presidents of the club.
6. Grammar. designating a tense, or other verb formation or construction, that refers to events or states in time gone by.
–noun
7. the time gone by: He could remember events far back in the past.
8. the history of a person, nation, etc.: our country's glorious past.
9. what has existed or has happened at some earlier time: Try to forget the past, now that your troubles are over.
10. the events, phenomena, conditions, etc., that characterized an earlier historical period: That hat is something out of the past.
11. an earlier period of a person's life, career, etc., that is thought to be of a shameful or embarrassing nature: When he left prison, he put his past behind him.
12. Grammar.
a. the past tense, as he ate, he smoked.
b. another verb formation or construction with past meaning.
c. a form in the past tense.
–adverb
13. so as to pass by or beyond; by: The troops marched past.
–preposition
14. beyond in time; later than; after: past noon; half past six.
15. beyond in space or position; farther on than: the house just past the church.
16. in a direction so as to pass by or go beyond: We went past the house by mistake.
17. beyond in amount, number, etc.: past the maximum age for enlisting in the army.
18. beyond the reach, scope, influence, or power of: He is past hope of recovery.
Origin:
1250–1300; ME; var. sp. of passed, ptp. of pass
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.
Cite This Source | Link To paster

Explore the Visual Thesaurus »
Related Words for : paster
gummed label, sticker
View more related words »

past·er (pā'stər)
n.
One that applies or covers with paste.
A paper sticker.

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments yeah. i think she is more qualified to apply paste to things than preaching

message 5: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 644 comments .... gwendolyn. >.<

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) | 2237 comments gwendolyn.

they couldn't just use gwen? ><

message 7: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 141 comments Nathan wrote: "I was flipping through the television stations this morning when I cam upon a religious channel. They were preaching away about saving my soul when I noticed something. Along the bottom of the sc..."

Again with the hypocrisy?

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 7365 comments Mod
I love watching the Catholic channel cartoons. It's so hilariously disturbing. X)

message 9: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 141 comments I don't like the Christian/Catholic cartoons either...

message 10: by Lee (new)

Lee It's rather sad that you think a person's literacy affects their communication with God (although if I remember correctly, you don't believe in him)

even so, equating spelling with intelligence or validity is a silly and pointless exercise.

Especially when it was probably a typo. I misspell/type things I know the proper spelling of incorrectly occasionally. Do you really think the religious leader herself was the one who put that number to the screen?

message 11: by Lauren (new)

"It's rather sad that you think a person's literacy affects their communication with God "

It's actually sad that a person allegedly devoted to God's Will can't even be bothered to spell their own title.

message 12: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 141 comments Did you not read what Lee wrote? Different people have different jobs. That's how life works. The pastor might not be good with computers, or other technical stuff.

message 13: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments aren't they all asking for money?

message 14: by Malaz (new)

Malaz Couldn't it have just been their first name?

message 15: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments slim chance./

message 16: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments i hate when people make excuses for these people.

message 17: by Malaz (new)

Malaz Liz wrote: "i hate when people make excuses for these people. "

I'm not making excuses- I'm just being open-minded and considering the diverging trajectory from the majority.

And anyway that is the first thing I thought when I read the first post- so why not?

message 18: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments whatever, think whatever you want

message 19: by Victoria (last edited Aug 03, 2009 03:26AM) (new)

Victoria | 322 comments Reading through these posts just shows the low immaturity level in this group and here i though you were all so smart. Do you seriously think that a misspelled word "says it all". This is a stupid accusation. Let them have their God, Who freaking cares if you don't believe in Him? I don't either but do you hear me whining like a bunch of dim-minded idiots? You atheist are just as bad as the Christians. "These people" as Liz stated are still PEOPLE! Just like "You people". Get over it, so they wrote the word wrong. That means all Christians must be retarded right? Get over yourselves.

message 20: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 322 comments And just so i can get it in before someone else does. The next line is going to be, "Well, they are retarded for believing in a false God." Right?

message 21: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 322 comments It was clearly spelled correctly here, http://www.clcwc.org/pastor_gwen
OBVIOUSLY a typo.

message 22: by Lauren (new)

"Who freaking cares if you don't believe in Him?"

I'm sure the people who died in Twin Towers cared. Without God there can't be religious fundamentalists. Who, over the course of history, have murdered well over a billion people.

message 23: by Victoria (last edited Aug 03, 2009 04:23AM) (new)

Victoria | 322 comments My point is, a misspelled word does not credit the accusations that a religion is false. Anyone stupid enough to believe that is desperate for an argument.

message 24: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments yep,.,.,.

message 25: by Lauren (new)

""Low immaturity" actually implies that we have a high level of maturity. Thank you."

There are no absolute levels of maturity anyway, it's all relative.

message 26: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 141 comments It's relative to what?

message 27: by Liz (last edited Aug 03, 2009 01:28PM) (new)

Liz So, Nathan, are you saying that because the word "pastor" is mispelled on television, Christians are to blame and their religious leaders are idiots? Because I thought everyone knew that the text that appears on the television is spelled, formatted, and appears because people in the TV industry have jobs which include that. The mistakes of those working in the TV industry (for lack of a better term) have absolutely nothing to do with the program.

And apparently the misspelled word "says it all". You are generalizing.

Aetheists are just as likely to make errors as Christians or Jews or Hindus. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that religion has little correlation to intelligence. Its just stereotyping at its best to believe that Christians are all bible-thumping republicans.

message 28: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments yep that is exactly what he is saying and i agree

and not true atheists iqs are soooo much higher so yeah

message 29: by Lauren (new)

"Aetheists are just as likely to make errors as Christians or Jews or Hindus. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that religion has little correlation to intelligence."

http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/03...

message 30: by Aaric (last edited Aug 03, 2009 01:43PM) (new)

Aaric | 141 comments Wait, so you're saying that Jews are as smart as atheists? But wait, Christianity is derived from Judaism! Hmmm...

message 31: by Liz (new)

Liz Yes, for everything there are statistical facts. What I am saying is that that is no reason for one to assume all Christians are total idiots.

message 32: by Liz (new)

Liz And LAuren, you forgot to address the other aspects of my argument -- the main one being the fact that those working in the TV industry control the text.

message 33: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments how do you know they do?

message 34: by Liz (new)

Liz Because I have more than an inkling of common sense and can figure out that there are people in charge of the text that appears on TV.

message 35: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments are you sure?

message 36: by Liz (new)

Liz I am sure about few things in life. But does my train of thought not make the most sense when thought out?

message 37: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments idk

but whatever

message 38: by Liz (new)

Liz You're putting words in my mouth. Don't do that.

You are spreading your bias against Christians to other youths. Don't do that.

message 39: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments and usually the kids either are full religious or full atheist/so...

message 40: by Liz (new)

Liz Actually the program I was watching was a low budget cable access show. The text was not done by a professional company as it was the text added by a home video camera. Perhaps our good friend Paster Gwendolyn did it herself, and perhaps her equally idiotic brother-in-law did it. It is irrelevant of course for if it were my name on the tape, I would make sure the text was done properly before I aired it.

How would you know it was a home video? Even low budget cable access shows are not just home videos that have been mailed in to a cable company. My real point is that it is unreasonable for you to make statements such as "this says it all". A misspelled word does not "say it all" about Christians, who you have lumped together, stereotyped, and ridiculed only because of a bias against one slightly uneducated pastor.

message 41: by Liz (new)

Liz

And you obviously don't have an inkling of commonsense. You shouldn't lie like that.

I don't have an inkling of commonsense? Huh well you do know me very well so you definitely are in a position to judge.

message 42: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Okay guys lets let up on the swearing bit...

message 43: by Aaric (last edited Aug 03, 2009 03:00PM) (new)

Aaric | 141 comments Wow, calling people dumb when there was no freaking metaphor. If there really is, quote it for me. And also for the rest of us "dumb f***s"

message 44: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Nathan wrote: "Actually, I am the only one swearing... ;-)"

lol

message 45: by Liz (new)

Liz Chan, I thought there were rules regarding swearing? Can't Nathan get a strike or something for being so rude and vulgar towards those who disagree with him?

message 46: by Victoria (last edited Aug 03, 2009 02:50PM) (new)

Victoria | 322 comments "Low immaturity" actually implies that we have a high level of maturity. Thank you."

Come on, Nathan. Yet again, you put everything down to a mistake. Well, i hope you never make one that might cause a world wide aversion to you. That is clearly what you want for the Christians.

message 47: by Aaric (last edited Aug 03, 2009 02:59PM) (new)

Aaric | 141 comments Nathan wrote: "I never said it was either.

You claimed I said me using the term "dumb" was a metaphor, I never did.

Now who's an idiot?

Still you.

And I think i'll stay out of the deep end of the pool too. I ..."

Omg, you are so dumb(yes, i'm coming down to your level). I didn't say anything was a metaphor. In fact, I said almost the exact opposite. I told you to tell me and all the other "dumb f***s" in this group where the metaphor was, you retard.

message 48: by Liz (new)

Liz
Awwww.....more whining from Liz? I'm not surprised. Stay out of the deep end of the pool little Liz.

This isn't whining, this is cracking down hard on those who make slanderous comments towards others and disregard rules. You are unbelievably immature, Nathan, and I hope Chandani does something about it.

message 49: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 141 comments Nathan wrote: "I didn't say anything was a metaphor.

I never claimed you did."

How dumb can one person be? I will quote you for my response.

Nathan wrote: "You claimed I said me using the term "dumb" was a metaphor, I never did."

Nathan wrote: "I never said "dumb fucks" was a metaphor idiot. Just as me calling you an idiot isn't a metaphor."

message 50: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments lol/ nathan

« previous 1 3 4