What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Mystery of the Haunted Pool
This topic is about Mystery of the Haunted Pool
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/children: cat named Boneless [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leela4 (last edited Jul 08, 2011 09:45AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Leela4 | 117 comments The book was probably a mystery. I seem to remember the protagonist--a girl--was staying with an aunt. The aunt--or a friend of the aunt--had a cat named Boneless because it would go completely limp whenever someone picked it up. At the time I was reading Phyllis A. Whitney and others of that sort, so perhaps this is one. For example, could someone check The Mystery of the Haunted Pool?

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Well...I don't know what book it is...but I sure want to read it!

Leela4 | 117 comments The Phyllis A. Whitney website has a more thorough description: http://www.phyllisawhitney.com/Myster...

It was the mention of the aunt and her shop that made me wonder if this might be the book.

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (liralin) | 197 comments Just in case you're still looking for confirmation:

A google search inside this book ("Mystery of the Haunted Pool") yields this snippet:

"Susan and her aunt had another cozy supper, with Boneless purring on the floor beside them ..."

message 5: by Leela4 (last edited Jul 08, 2011 09:43AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Leela4 | 117 comments I'd say that's good enough for me, because I'm positive I read "The Mystery of the Haunted Pool", and I don't recall any other books with cats named Boneless.

Moving to Solved.