Mock Caldecott 2022 discussion

Introductions > Welcome

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (last edited Jul 31, 2009 05:37PM) (new)

Kristen Jorgensen (sunnie) | 254 comments Mod
Howdy all,

I'm sorry that I haven't done much with the group yet but it's a little slow at the start and I have been away this summer. I live in Austin Texas and love beautiful artwork in picture books. While I am a stay at home mom, I dream of someday being an elementary school librarian to pass on my joy of reading.

I am getting so excited for the upcoming Caldecott awards. Picture books are so incredible and fun to share with children. There are so many neat picture books out there. Please feel free to add to the bookshelf when you come across an exceptional book, my only request is that it truly be a Caldecott contender for 2010 by being published this year.

Now that things are really moving I hope we can begin to discuss some of these great stories and illustrations.

My favorite to date is Moonshot The Flight of Apollo 11 by Paul Kupperberg I love how accurate and detailed the drawings are.

Please introduce yourself and let us know what your favorites so far?

message 2: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (hilarylombardo) | 3 comments Hi,

I joined this group a little late, but here goes my introduction!
I'm a youth service librarian in Winnetka, IL (a suburb just north of Chicago). I've been a librarian for 4 years and one of my responsibilities is ordering picture books, so I read about a gazillion and one reviews every year. I've been pretty good in the past at predicting the Caldecott, but so far this year I don't have a favorite to win. I'm excited to see what others think!

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Moon | 10 comments Hi,
I joining way late in the year -- but will hit the library this weekend and catch up on everything you've suggested/read so far.

I co-chair a Mommy-&-Me Reading Group, and I'm in charge of the teen and kid lit suggestions.