The Sword and Laser discussion

Sins of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #1)
This topic is about Sins of Empire
Author Questions / AMAs > Questions for Brian McClellan!

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (last edited Mar 08, 2017 11:00AM) (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1491 comments Mod
Brian McClellan's new book, Sins of Empire, is out now! We'll be having him on the show on 3/15 to discuss it, and to respond to any of your questions! Post them here :)

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (parnopaeus) | 45 comments I really enjoy the names (for the people as well as the places) in the Powder Mage series as well as in this book (from reading the description). How do you come up with the names?

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 847 comments One of my favorite authors!

What is his process in developing the magic system, and why he chose gunpowder. Is there any plan to write more novels in this universe or maybe even another verse?

Also, I really love Vlora, some people apparently don't like her, so I cannot wait to read about her again.

message 4: by Darren (new)

Darren Has he ever done a line of gunpowder?

message 5: by Sky (last edited Mar 09, 2017 09:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 652 comments Darren wrote: "Has he ever done a line of gunpowder?"

hahaha please ask this.

I am interested in any personal research he has done on gunpowder like stimulants as well their withdrawal effects.

message 6: by Hannah (last edited Mar 09, 2017 09:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah  (HannarSolo) How does he keep track of all the details of his world? Personal encyclopedia? XD

message 7: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob (robzak) | 5073 comments Mod
I wish I could think of a good question. I love his books, I plan to start the new one this weekend.

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) | 13 comments Brilliant. I really enjoyed his powder mage series and short novels.

I am a fan of his Novellas and Short Fiction. I feel that these expand the world a lot (in fact, i read a few of them before i delved into the novels).
I hope he has plans for more shorts stories - can he reveal anything?

Also, i am based on the UK and was disappointed that there will be no hardback version. Does the author get any real say/opinion on distribution outside of their home country?

Kristina | 587 comments Rob wrote: "I wish I could think of a good question. I love his books, I plan to start the new one this weekend."

I have that problem also...love the books though! I once won a bunch of his short fiction in a fan art contest.

message 10: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (RabidNewz) | 9 comments Thanks for doing this, Brian! Huge fan of your work! And congratulations on the success of the Kickstarter campaign for the Powder Mage RPG!

What makes you most excited about the RPG project? Will there be beekeeping in the RPG?

Also, come back to Kansas City, and I'll make you more of my awesome cookies!

message 11: by Kenny (new)

Kenny | 29 comments Was he inspired by the use of brown brown in Africa? A mix of cocaine and gunpowder, which supposedly induces a more powerful high. If not where did you come up with the idea?