Aussie Readers discussion

A Little Bite of Happiness
This topic is about A Little Bite of Happiness
Our Authors Spotlight > Introducing my first book: A Little Bite of Happiness

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by V.P. (last edited Feb 14, 2017 08:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

V.P. | 57 comments Hello everyone,

I am not very good at putting myself out there, but I have to if I want anyone to know about my book. So please excuse my very clumsy way of doing it.

I published my first book A Little Bite of Happiness, in January 2017. It is an interesting mix of short stories and recipes. Lots of creative writing, and as a former pastry chef my first book had to be about food, therefore there is always an element of food in each story.
I am French, living in Sydney for seven years now. A Little Bite of Happiness is written in English and has been thoroughly edited, so don't worry.

About the book:
42 Stories about food and its simple pleasures
24 Recipes from a French pastry chef

Food is vital. It sustains us. And yet it also comes to define us. It expresses who we are and want to be. It anchors memories. It provides rituals. It is sensual. It can pleasure and surprise us.

In this book of stories, myths, dreams and recipes, V.P Colombo uses food as a metaphor to explore the human psyche, relationships and life in all its beauty and complexity. Here you’ll meet a lemon as a character in a story, a madeleine as folklore, journey through gardens of roses and get to know vanilla in a way that you never expected.

There are authentic French recipes too. From chocolate mousse to tarte aux pommes, learn how to bake all the classic desserts you’ll ever need to know simply and successfully.

You can purchase it on my website: www.vpcolombo-books.com

It is also available on Amazon, except that Amazon often puts it temporarily out of stock, so as you all live in Australia, it's safer to go on my website. And I can even sign your copy if you ask me to.

As a self-published author, it is not easy to make myself known by the public, and I would greatly appreciate your help, advices and reviews.

Thank you.

Virginie

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 62413 comments Mod
A Little Bite of Happiness A Little Bite of Happiness by V.P. Colombo by V.P. Colombo

You don't have it out in kindle/ebook yet Virginie? It's only on Amazon in paperback...

Congratulations on your debut book!

V.P. | 57 comments Thank you Brenda ;)

No, it won't be available on ebook. It's a book that you can pick up, read a bit, do something else, then come back and read another story, then follow a recipe.

As it's an hybrid genre, I made that choice to print it only.

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 62413 comments Mod
No worries thanks :)