Start by marking “A Little Bite of Happiness” as Want to Read:
A Little Bite of Happiness

A Little Bite of Happiness

42 stories about food and its simple pleasures

24 recipes from a French pastry chef

Food is vital. It sustains us. And yet it also comes to define us. It expresses who we are and want to be. It anchors memories. It provides rituals. It is sensual. It can pleasure and surprise us.

In this book of stories, myths, dreams and recipes, V.P Colombo uses food as a metaphor to
Paperback, First, 184 pages
Published December 16th 2016 by V.P Colombo

To ask other readers questions about A Little Bite of Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Bite of Happiness

Start your review of A Little Bite of Happiness
Suzanne
Virginie has written this to me on the title page.. 'To Suzanne, may these stories take you to a delicious and yet mysterious world'. After having met her, I'm very intrigued. She is quirky and vibrant! This should be good <3

Post reading:

This was as quirky as Virginie. Cute and cheeky stories with a twist, combined with heartfelt stories of her past - raising her daughter, living a Parisian life! This would have been a fun process to write I imagine, and I enjoyed the funny stories combined
Nadia King
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sensuous writing and delectable recipes reside together in V.P.Colombo's charming book, 'A Little Bite of Happiness'.

Colombo is a Parisian-born pastry chef (now based in Sydney) who has given us gorgeous reading in her part cookbook, part memoir. Bursting with authentic French recipes and vignettes of creative writing, 'A Little Bite of Happiness' will delight lovers of sumptuous food and romantic short stories.

My favourite part is when Virginie admits her addiction to cheese! A fellow cheese
Tanya Natalie
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great little book! Filled with delicious recipes that I'm dying to try and lots of quirky, fun stories with a culinary twist. This is a real gem, I love it!
Abigail Shepherd
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such an enjoyable, lovely book. Unique too, I've never come across a recipe book like it before. The method of the recipe is often encapsulated within the short story, or vignette, that goes with it. Certainly the simpler ones anyway. The recipe consists of just the ingredients and measurements. It's a really fun way to read about it, though a little extra thought is required in the actual following of it.

The other thing I particularly liked was the stories with ingredients
Clémence Tanty
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once you start, you won't want to put it down!

Very different to anything I have read before. A delightful book of short stories, with recipes to great food all throughout the book.
Don't want to give too much away; but using and depicting food as the characters in the short stories is incredibly interesting and refreshing, never seen before.
Lana Mayes
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had been looking for a special gift for my sister in law, and after glancing through the first few pages, I knew I had found just that. Personally, I'm not into cooking. So when I started reading 'A Little Bite of Happiness' (both out of curiosity, and also to make sure it was a good gift for my SIL) and found that I couldn't stop, I was surprised. It's fabulous! Intriguing, and different to anything I've read before. I love it.
Many thanks to the author who was efficient (it arrived in just 2
James Georgiou
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing!! i was lucky enough to mine signed by Ms Colombo "From a Chef to Another Chef, forget all you know about food and let yourself in my realm of pleasure"

probably the most engaging book I've picked up, is food even a metaphor?!?! personally as someone that works in a kitchen, I will think of ingredients in a different way. The way how worlds cross over works perfectly.

The recipes definitely hit the spot!! the Lovers Chocolate mousse is just next level! but this is much more
Monique Mulligan
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A writer who “gets” food in all its beauty, complexity and diversity. The recipes made my mouth water ... as did the sensual way in which VP Colombo uses description to tease and tempt the senses.
Damien Camilleri
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's not everyday that a book arrives and I want to dive in fully and read every page. There's something beautiful and passionate about this book that fills you with joy and wonder. It's a wonderful read with some wonderful food, definitely worth picking up
Ricardo Amado
May 08, 2017
H
May 11, 2018
Darshini
Nov 06, 2017
V.P.
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
H
Sharron Bardsley
Oct 29, 2018
Fiona
Dec 08, 2018
Aussie Readers: Introducing my first book: A Little Bite of Happiness 4 15 Feb 15, 2017 10:36PM
Australian author.

Parisian born and bred French pastry chef, V.P Colombo, currently lives in Sydney where she founded and ran Fleur de Sel, a homemade cake and desserts business, before dedicating her time to writing. Her macarons, like all her food created without artificial colourings and preservatives, were much loved at the Balmain market in Sydney, as were her scrumptious dessert tables