David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
This topic is about Their Fractured Light
Buddy Reads! > Their Fractured Light Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Karen and I are doing a buddy read of Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3) by Amie Kaufman starting Monday the 13th. Everyone is welcome to join!

There are no set chapters per day, we just read at our own paces and start each post with how far along you are, i.e., Chapter #, %, using spoilers where needed. Have fun!

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
This one has been sitting on my shelf FOREVER. Glad to finally read it!!

message 3: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen wrote: "This one has been sitting on my shelf FOREVER. Glad to finally read it!!"

Me too!

message 4: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay I started this tonight. I'm up to page 79 (19%)

So far I really like Sofia, and mostly Gideon (although he is a bit smug). The action started early and really hasn't let up, and it has me biting my fingernails to find out what will happen next!

I had a late work night so I'll be starting in an hour or two ! :-)

I'm on page 101. I love the tech in this book! I'm really enjoying this so far. Gideon is definitely smug, but he has reason to be I guess. :) He's good! That rescue was amazing!

And yes, the action in this has been non-stop. I'm afraid if I stop reading, I'll miss something. Lol!!

The little tidbits at the beginning of each chapter from the aliens' POV is extremely interesting!! Love that we saw Lilac as a baby.

message 7: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I agree completely Karen!

I'm up to page 163. I haven't had much time for reading lately :( Still loving this (view spoiler)

I didn't read anything last night. :(

message 9: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen wrote: "I didn't read anything last night. :("

Bummer. :(

message 10: by Karen’s Library (last edited Feb 15, 2017 10:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I was able to read about 30 pages tonight. Really late work night. But the good news is I should have normal work days for the next 2 days!! And then the weekend!! Woot.

Ok, so I'm up to page 132. And it finally came together (view spoiler)

I'm really enjoying this and I'm kicking myself for having waited so long!

message 11: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Me too Karen!

I'm now up to page 269, and WOW, this is SO GOOD!!! Loving it! (view spoiler)

I'm at 177. And whoopsies, they just (view spoiler)

I really like Gideon and Sofia together.

I am barely getting any reading done. I had to take mom to the ER this afternoon and they ended up admitting her. So I didn't get home until 11 tonight. She's fine. In looking for the reason behind the headache/migraine she had this week, they discovered she was in AFib so they're keeping her for observation and will run more tests tomorrow. Hopefully she'll be home tomorrow and I'll have time to read again.

message 13: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh no! I'm so sorry Karen! I'm glad she's okay though. :(

She's fine. More monitoring then anything. But it looks like another day in the hospital. I'm staying here today so I can be here for the doctor. And dang it, I forgot my book. :(

I'm on page 294. Sooooo good!! I love that the 6 are now connected.

(view spoiler)

Mom is still in the hospital. :( I'm the one that talks to the doctors so I've been trying to be at the hospital the entire time, although my niece did give me a 4 hour break so I could do some work that HAD to be done today. I did leave at 8 tonight and took advantage of the free time to read. I needed that so bad!!

I hope she gets to come home tomorrow. I'll be at the hospital all day tomorrow I'm sure.

message 16: by Donna (new)

Donna (bookdragongirl) Oh my, Karen, I'm so sorry that your mom has been in the hospital. I hope she's going to be ok and be able to go home soon.

message 17: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm sorry Karen :( Hope she gets to come home today!

I haven't read any more in the book yet, last night I had a night out with a friend :)

Thanks Donna! They just need to get her on the right meds now. But we're both sick of hospitals! ;)

I finished!! (view spoiler)

Beautiful series to go with the beautiful covers! And you're right that Amie's formula of this series moved to Illuminae and Gemina. It works perfectly for both series!!

Loved this book. I'm so happy you picked it for a buddy read!!

Update on mom - We found out yesterday that she had had a mini stroke on Sunday. But she's fine now. No lasting effects and only a 20 to 30% chance of reoccurring. Lots of new meds for her to take from now on. She's still in the hospital so I have to run off. Hope she comes home today. But all is good.

I was playing her your booktube and showing her pics of you and your mom, Jenny. She wants you both to come back. :-D

message 21: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm up to page 349. Almost done! (view spoiler)

We would love to come back and visit Karen! Maybe for a long weekend or something, but it will probably be a little while :)

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Their Fractured Light (other topics)