Start by marking “Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)” as Want to Read:
Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)

Their Fractured Light (Starbound #3)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  8,867 Ratings  ·  1,514 Reviews
A year ago, Flynn Cormac and Jubilee Chase made the now infamous Avon Broadcast, calling on the galaxy to witness for their planet, and protect them from destruction. Some say Flynn’s a madman, others whisper about conspiracies. Nobody knows the truth. A year before that, Tarver Merendsen and Lilac LaRoux were rescued from a terrible shipwreck—now, they live a public life ...more
Published December 1st 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great ending to a series I love!
I really enjoyed following Gideon and Sophia, and of course being reacquainted with Lilac, Tarver, Flynn and Jubilee. There was so much tension and action, at times I honestly thought we were nearing the climax of the story, but would realise there was still half of the book to go!
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
3.5*

I really liked how this wrapped up but there was just something about it that didn't grip me quite as much as the previous two.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Wow! ❤

That was a great ending to this trilogy! I loved the new characters that were introduced in this book, Sofia and Gideon. Sofia is out to kill Roderick LaRoux the jerk of the book. Gideon is one of, if not the best hacker there is. They both get thrown together and eventually find out they are basically wanting the same thing, but they both have major trust issues. It takes them until the end of the book to truly trust each other and of course they fall in love because who can stop that fro
Ariana
4.5 stars. I am sorry to see this story end. I love these characters! Review.. at some point ;)

PRE-READING THOUGHTS:

1. I want this so badly it hurts!
There is so much love in my heart for this series and I deeply want for it to never, ever end. Well, the story will but my love for it probably never will.

Here's for hoping to love this book as much as I adored the other two!

2. I bet many people went to meet Amie and Meagan in person during this tour, so come on guys, what's the title of this boo
C.G. Drews
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
TOOT TOOT. ALL ABOARD THIS (SPACE) SHIP FOREVER AND EVER. THE END. Okay, but seriously now...such bittersweet feelings reading the finale to this galaxically amazing trilogy. I still stand by These Broken Stars being my utter favourite. But bk3 definitely wins for second-most-favourite. This time we get introduced to Gideon (hacker) and Sofia (grifter) who are adorable and a bit sassy and SO UNTRUSTWORTHY. When they let themselves be venerable to each other....afjdksalfd basically. I'm really pl ...more
Frankie Lovely
5 stars
Second read
See this review and others at A Thousand Lives of Frankie Lovely

I LOVE this book
So
Much!

Seriously Gideon and Sofia are absolutely adorable!

This is my favorite book of Kaufman and Spooner’s Starbound series and here is why...

The Story

The third and final installment of this series takes place one year after the conclusion of This Shattered World. Like with book two, this story follows a whole new cast of characters living in the same universe (hint these characters have appeared b
Trina (Between Chapters)
I'm excited that I finally finished this series, and that I really enjoyed it! I will do a full series review on my channel soon, but I will just list out what I loved and didn't love for now.

What I loved:
-The relationship. I was skeptical at first, but the dynamic between these characters ended up really working for me. Gideon is a hacker and Sofia is a con-artist and both of them are thrust together when their plans of infiltrating LaRoux industries go wrong. They have major trust issues, and
Danielle (Love at First Page)
4.5-5 stars

Now that the Starbound trilogy by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner has reached its conclusion, I can safely say that it has earned its spot on my all-time favorite series shelf. Each book is just as epic and intricate as the last, and it's easy to fall in love with the characters - new and old - with every page. While this is a companion series that features a different couple in each book, the plot is constantly building toward a larger picture. It amazes me the amount of detail that
Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★
3.6 Stars

this is the last book of Starbound series and honestly, I'm still a little bit confused about this series especially about the whispers, I just can't process it all in my brain and it confused me so much...
and I'm very happy that I could finish this series and I got bored reading this around chapter 30.

description

The Characters

Sofia
Sofia is an orphan and(view spoiler) and now all she wants is to kill him because he took everything she l
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
Oh a title! But I want a cover..

BEAUTIFUL COVER!
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review appears on Happy Indulgence! Check it out for more reviews.

The ending of a favourite series is always bittersweet. All the emotion from experiencing the highs and lows of the characters. Saying goodbye to them. Feeling everything they’ve been through, and have done. After all is said and done, Their Fractured Light delivered an impactful, beautiful ending, where nothing could have ended more perfectly.

As each book has introduced us to another pair of starcrossed lovers, I quickly fel
Carla *Jen7waters*
Oct 31, 2013 marked it as wishlist
Shelves: 2015-published
Any chance this book will be about Sofia Quinn? Because I loved her in book #2 :D

***EDIT***

ASDFGHJK THE SYNOPSIS OH MY GODS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IT'S SOFIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

mith
3.5 because the back and forth of the relationship was annoying, but whew. i think i wouldn't have liked this if i read but since i listened, i appreciated it a lot more. i love the voice actor for gideon SO MUCH. both of them, actually, were so amazing and so in tune with their characters. and also i love gideon because he's the sarcastic boy of my heart, bless him.
---
Expected publication: December 1st 2015 by Disney-Hyperion
description

(in case you guys wanted a larger resolution of this: here you go!)

T
Juliet-Camille
For me, The Starbound Triology will always be about Lilac and Tarver - not because I didn't like the other characters, or because the storyline wasn't interesting, because it was.

But these books, though, feel like their journey.

Their Fractured Light had me on the edge of my seat almost the entire time.

Did anyone else get the feeling that a Hamlet-esque ending was coming ?(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)
Nanna
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
*wipes tears*
why did it have to end?

ah, I loved it and it was still probably my least favorite of the three.

if you haven't started this series do iiiiiit! they're really really good!
Their Fractured Light is the third installment in co-authors: Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner's young-adult fantasy trilogy titled Starbound. This trilogy has been an engaging ride so far and Their Fractured Light offered a near perfect ending. To date, each installment in this trilogy has featured a different male and female lead, with all six characters uniting for a common purpose during the latter part of this final book. And when they all come together? ...OMG it was action packed and fille ...more
Lucia
Dec 16, 2015 rated it did not like it

DNF at 65%

Gideon, one of narrators of this novel, is my favorite male character of this series. Funny, smart and positive person, he brought a fresh air into the series. However, some of his decisions didn't make sense and went completely against logic or survival instinct. On the top of that, I had big problem distinguishing between individual POVs. Both Sophia's and Gideon's voices sounded the same and I always had to flip pages to the beginning of the chapters to see whose POV I was reading.
Shannon (leaninglights)
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A pretty solid conclusion to a heartfelt trilogy. I was the person who fell in love with These Broken Stars (4.5 stars) and was devastated when I found out the series was going to be a companion collection, each featuring different characters. However, I can say that while I think there is still part of me that wishes the story had stayed with Tarver and Lilac the entire time, I am happy we met Flynn and Jubilee and Gideon and Sofia.

Their Fractured Light started a little rocky for me but ended u
Crazy4Books
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Im planning on writing a trilogy review in th next week.
Jaime Arkin
I’m not even sure how I can review this book… as the last in the series, it’s tricky because I don’t want to give anything away as to what happens in previous books if you haven’t read (WHY HAVEN’T YOU READ??)

I’m going to say this… The story wraps up absolutely perfectly in a way that I couldn’t have even predicted. I was on the edge of my seat turning pages as the story progressed and I couldn’t help the cheesy smile that was on my face as I got to that last page.

I’m going to try to focus sol
Stacee
I don't have words to explain how absolutely stunning this was.

I loved seeing all six characters together and then learning how their stories were intertwined. There were laughs and swoons and action and tension and some serious fucking heartbreak and every page was amazing.

Anyone writing a trilogy should look to this series for how it's done properly.
Caroline
SERIOUSLY this is the kind of series I love. It's not at all what I expected and I love being surprised by books. This series is made out to be a series of love stories (in space wooh) but it is honestly so much more than that which makes it super amazing. Yes, these are love stories. They are also about hope and forgiveness and courage in the face of war, plus friendship and the power of determination and all these things that just make me love it more. On top of that, they are beautifully writ ...more
Kyla Harris
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
11/12/15 - 4.5 stars
Authors amaze me. I'm always freshly awoken my the beautiful amazement that I have for a incredible series I finish. All of these emotions and thoughts that are skittering through my head all of the finally coming together at last... it make me happy. That's what amazes me, how authors can provoke such feelings upon me. One day I'll learn their secrets. But until then I'll keep doing the one thing I know best: reading.

I loved Gideon! More then Sofia, Sofia I had so struggles
Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
*4.75/5 stars*

Surprisingly, the instalment I expected the least from for some reason, became my ultimate favourite from the trilogy! This book made me feel the most from the series, though my number 1 favourite ship is still Lilac and Tarver, followed by Sofia and Gideon.
I loved the setting, the storyline, the two new characters - hacker and a con artist, and how the story from the whole series - and all its characters - came perfectly together in this last book!
Sinead
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've quite enjoyed this trilogy – it delivers the perfect mix of dystopia, sci-fi, action and romance. After all the turmoil the characters have gone through in the first two books, all we want is their happy ever after in this thrilling conclusion to the series.

While this book started out strongly, it lost me somewhere around the middle. It wasn’t that this book was bad (it wasn’t at all!) I just wasn’t as interested as I was in the previous two books.

Let’s start at the beginning. Our character
Mel
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it

All three books in this series were good, but they got progressively worse as they went along. Again, they were good so when I say worse I just mean that they cannot measure up to the first book.

This was actually a really great conclusion. There is something so great about Amie Kaufman's books because they just have so much action. And that is what I personally found a little too excessive in this book. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE action packed books, but this one was full of action in t
Justine
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
This last book in the Starbound Trilogy was a mostly satisfying conclusion to the series. The POV characters this time are Avon native turned con artist Sofia, and the infamous hacker known as the Knave of Hearts, Gideon.

The first half of the book was perfectly paced and the story was excellent, as Sofia and Gideon form a reluctant partnership to try to take down LaRoux and put an end to his nefarious plans. The second half brings together all the previous characters from the first two books and
Mary ♥
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars

nick
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

theirfractured

All images courtesy of Pinterest.

Wow! What an amazing series conclusion Their Fractured Light was! It's always a bittersweet experience reading and reviewing the final book in a series, especially if it's one that's as phenomenal as this one was. If you haven't read this intergalactic romance series yet, then read it, because you're missing out on an action-packed, thrilling and romantic experience.

What I love about this series is how it's a companion series, so each book features different coup
Ryan Buckby
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are monsters among us, it’s true. But there are heroes too.

I have come to the end of this trilogy and wow, my mind has been blown this was for me the best possible end to this trilogy that i could have asked for and i'm glad it ended on a good note.

Plot: This book once again starts up a year after the events of the second book and we are introduced to new main characters for this final chapter. Sofia the con artist and Gideon the hacker who are both on a mission to take LaRoux industri
  • The Foretelling of Georgie Spider (The Tribe, #3)
  • Burn (The Rephaim, #4)
  • Lifespan of Starlight
  • Broken Crowns (The Internment Chronicles, #3)
  • Day Boy
  • Dark Star (The Rosie Black Chronicles, # 3)
  • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Unchanged (Unremembered, #3)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)
  • Redemption (MILA 2.0, #3)
  • The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3)
  • When I Wake
  • Polaris (Avalon, #2)
  • The Body Electric
  • In the Skin of a Monster
  • Collide (The Taking, #3)
Amie Kaufman is a New York Times, USA Today and internationally bestselling author of science fiction and fantasy. Her multi-award winning work has been published in over 35 countries, and is in development for film and TV. A couple of her career highlights so far include professional wolf-howling lessons, and working as a story consultant at NASA. You can sign up for her newsletter to see what sh ...more
More about Amie Kaufman

Starbound (3 books)
  • These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)
  • This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“We see them as they cannot, will not, see each other--we see his heart in the way he looks at her; we see her soul calling out for his every touch. It would be so easy if they could only see inside each other as we can.

And yet, there is beauty in the way they find each other: slowly, in a fragile dance of sidelong glances and accidental touches. To see them come together, souls binding without knowing each other as we do, without being certain of what the other's heart holds, is to learn something new...

Faith.”
22 likes
“Love, and trust. The things that make us human. They could have been mine, if only I could have leapt. If only we could have leapt.” 17 likes