What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Obsidian Mirror. YA? fiction, sci-fi, fantasy. The story involves a mirror with time travel. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MachinaeWolf (new)

MachinaeWolf | 5 comments I'm not 100% sure exactly when I read it, it may have been from 2011-2016. I think it was part of a series. I remember the book centered around this mirror that you could time travel with and I remember there was some kind of magic in the story as well and/or some special powers.

message 2: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (casdena) | 64 comments Maybe Reckless (Mirrorworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke Reckless? It's the first book in the Mirrorworld series.

message 3: by MachinaeWolf (last edited Feb 04, 2017 12:52PM) (new)

MachinaeWolf | 5 comments I don't think that's it. Some of the summary on it isn't familiar. Actually the library only had the 2nd book in whatever series the book I'm looking for is. Checked the description on the 2nd one in the series you linked and it still has things that aren't ringing any bells.

Edit: also the covers aren't the same as the one I've seen.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

message 6: by MachinaeWolf (last edited Feb 04, 2017 01:30PM) (new)

MachinaeWolf | 5 comments No don't think that's it. Remembered a detail of it, something about the scientist that invented the mirror that allowed for time travel, it ended up in an opium den somehow. I think the main character that was a teenager was kicked out of the school he was in too and sent to this rich guy's place.

message 7: by MachinaeWolf (new)

MachinaeWolf | 5 comments Yes Obsidian Mirror, that's it! Thank you :)

message 9: by MachinaeWolf (new)

MachinaeWolf | 5 comments Is it just me or was there some unexplained backstory which led me to believe it wasn't the first book...? I haven't read the rest of the series though.