What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Man held prisoner in a hotel room. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H. (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 20 comments What's the name of the book in which a man is held prisoner in a hotel room?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37392 comments Mod
Joy H., is it fiction or nonfiction? Novel or short story? When did you read it? Where and when is it set? What genre? Literary or mass market fiction? Who is holding the man prisoner and why?

message 3: by Joy H. (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 20 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Joy H., is it fiction or nonfiction? Novel or short story? When did you read it? Where and when is it set? What genre? Literary or mass market fiction? Who is holding the man prisoner and why?"

Hi Lobstergirl. Below is what I remember about the book.
If I remember correctly it was offered as a Kindle book deal. So I think it must be a fairly new book. The man is being held for political reasons, I think. The room is very small. It had been used by the help at the hotel. That's all I remember. I saw the ad a few days ago. Now I wish I had bought the book.

message 4: by Joy H. (last edited Feb 03, 2017 06:12PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 20 comments PS-I hunted around my lastest activities and have found out that the name of the book is: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles.

See my review for how I learned about the book. My review is at: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

As my review explains, I learned about the book from a member of my Goodreads Group.

I've ordered an audio version of the book on CDs from our local library. A search through my library requests reminded me about the name of the book.

I will now move this to the solved section of this bookgroup. Thank you for prodding my memory, Lobstergirl!

message 5: by Joy H. (last edited Feb 03, 2017 06:17PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 20 comments PPS-The book's genre is "historical fiction". Also "Cultural-Russia".

message 6: by Joy H. (last edited Feb 03, 2017 06:20PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 20 comments PPPS-I had mistakenly thought it had been a book deal because recently I've been receiving so many emails about book deals from BookBub, BookPerk, Goodreads, and Amazon!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Gentleman in Moscow (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Amor Towles (other topics)