JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 792 comments Mod
Hello All,

The votes are in and our Book of the Month for February is:

MOONSHADOW by Thea Harrison
Moonshadow Moonshadow (Moonshadow, #1) by Thea Harrison

Please read and discuss below.

Have fun!

message 2: by Amyiw (last edited Feb 28, 2017 06:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amyiw | 141 comments I loved the strength of Sophie. Nik discounts her and is really an ass at first without proof and then later a male chauvinist in judging her abilities. In his defense, he is old as sin and has the mentality of the past. I liked how Sophie countered this by pretty much ignoring his mandates. She is a witch trying to find out more about her past and gets caught up in Nik's politics and war. Being a bleeding heart, she wants to help.

Nik has been trapped on this side, unable to go back to his realm and being hunted by the Queen of the Light court. With his fellow knights, they are tired and only barely persevering.

This is set in the Elder Races world but only the idea of realms and passages are known, the politics and people are all new so you can start with it. I loved it.

message 3: by K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

K. | 95 comments I loved this book! It was a five star for me!

Tony | 200 comments Just saw where Spellbinder (Moonshadow #2) by Thea Harrison is due out in August (subject to change),

message 5: by Amyiw (last edited Feb 25, 2017 03:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amyiw | 141 comments Spellbinder (Moonshadow, #2) by Thea Harrison Ooo, thanks for that. I've been waiting for the next to be announced.

The shadowing is a little off on this cover.

Angel Ludwig (kayangel) | 32 comments good book. Thea has a solid world with lots of nuance already built up, so this offshoot has definite grounding with her usual awesome characters. Good stuff all around.

Tony | 200 comments The 2nd book in this series Spellbinder (Moonshadow, #2) by Thea Harrison came out this past Tuesday.

message 8: by JP (new) - added it

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 792 comments Mod
Thanks for letting us know!