Start by marking “Moonshadow (Moonshadow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Moonshadow (Moonshadow, #1)

Moonshadow

(Moonshadow #1)

From Book 1: From bestselling author Thea Harrison comes the first in an explosive new trilogy set in the Elder Races world.

Her past is a blank, her future uncertain.

Recovering from a shooting, LAPD witch consultant Sophie Ross leaves her job and travels to the U.K. to search for answers about her childhood. When she encounters a Daoine Sidhe knight of the Dark Court,
Published December 13th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Moonshadow, please sign up.
Ro yes, it's a perfect place to jump on board this authors work. Although I think you'll enjoy it even more if you start at Dragonbound. She's created a…moreyes, it's a perfect place to jump on board this authors work. Although I think you'll enjoy it even more if you start at Dragonbound. She's created a pretty interesting take on this world. (less)
Charlotte No, at least not as a named character. Moonshadow is the first time we're introduced to her.

Start your review of Moonshadow (Moonshadow, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3 Stars

I REALLY like this author's Elder Races series - ESPECIALLY books 1-4 - and this is a spin-off of that series...it takes place in the same world that Harrison has created there (which is AMAZING by the way)...

description

But this one just didn't do it as much for me, sadly.

Despite the fact that she already "built" this world in the Elder Races series, I feel like I still trudged through the foundation-building for this series.

I had a hard time getting a good feel for Sophie and her powers and
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal

➦So I've read this to scratch my paranormal itch. Yep. Apparently that's a thing for me now. Well, consider it scratched!

➦Sophie, our heroine, knows a bunch of magic spells. Some runes. Or something. Sorry, people, this book was 4 books ago for me. #badtimemanagement

➦Anyways. What's interesting, is that Sophie doesn't come off as a badass in the magic department. But she's sassy and doesn't take shit from anyone. And her spells keep her safe. IF ONLY SHE COULD HAVE A GUN TOO.

➦She travels to
Sophia Triad
Sophie and Nicholas

"Do not push me, human."
"I'll push you every bit much as you've pushed me."

Sophie met Nicholas through a vision, while she was reading runes and she was concentrating on her near future. Nicholas was in a middle of a battle across the Atlantic, when he felt that someone was looking at him. Scared Sophie threw the stones away and the vision scattered.

Obviously the two of them did not have the best beginning in their relationship.

Things do not improve later on when Sophie
Claire Robinson
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "Stay the course." Stars!

To say that I was impressed with this book would be an understatement. Thea Harrison, is a new author for me, and Moonshadow gave me everything I am looking for in a story from this genre.

The author set the scene extremely well, and being the start of the Moonshadow series there were introductions aplenty through the first few chapters, I think it highlights the quality of the writing and storytelling in that I wasnt confused at any point about who everyone was.

Montzalee Wittmann
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Moonshadow (Moonshadow #1) by Thea Harrison is an exciting fantasy book that was so fun to read/listen to. I had the audible version and the voice was perfect!
This was about a gal that had a gift, she used it as a detective but she was recovering from being shot. She gets a offer to go overseas to a old house that was left to her. It will be hers if she can get the house to let her in. Yep, if the house will let her in! She feels the tingle of the house in the picture. She is excited to go. So
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
4.5 Old Timey Foot Stars

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Thanks for asking, asshole!

I am a huge fan of Thea Harrison's Elder Races series and so far I've gobbled up all the books like candy (except the last full length one, which I'll remedy very soon). She is a master of world building and making a landscape appear in your mind. Add to that her sassy way of writing and I'm a goner.

Sophie, who is a witch consultant for the LAPD, is still recovering from gunshot wounds she received when a
Elizabeth Hunter
So when one of your favorite authors emails you and asks if you'd possibly have time to read and blurb her new book, and you're like "okay, that's cool, I'd be happy to do that" but inside you're basically
[image error]

via GIPHY

Yeah. Totally me when Thea Harrison asked me to read Moonshadow, her newest book and the first in a new series.

So here is my OFFICIAL blurb for the book:

"Thrilling and deliciously sexy, Moonshadow is a smart, action-packed introduction to a new adventure in Harrison's

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
4 Exciting Wyr Stars!!

Thea Harrisons Moonshadow is a exciting start to the new Elder Races spin off "Moonshadow" series. In Moonshadow were introduced Sophie Ross who works with the LAPD as a Witch Consultant and is recovering from being shot while on a case. While recuperating, she is given the opportunity to travel to England to discover information about her childhood with the chance of inheriting a 5-acre estate in England, but there is a catch, so far nobody has been able enter the manor
Maayan
I loved everything about this book! It was freaking awesome! 😍

Safety gang safe.
Beth
I loved it. My only complaint - total book hangover! Even with its length it still ended way too soon for me.

If you love the Thea Harrisons Elder Race series than you are going to flip over this spin off Moonshadow series.

Sophie Ross, a LAPD magical consultant, is taking some time off while she recuperates from gunshot wounds. She is approached by a renowned Elder races doctor with a proposal. If Sophie can access her familys abandoned home in the U.K. then she will get it, the property and a
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Moonshadow
Series: Moonshadow #1
Author: Thea Harrison
Release date: December 13, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Despair had no place here. It had been a long, dark battle, in the darkest of wars, but they would hold. They would all hold.

I've gotten woefully behind in reading Thea Harrison's books. Dragon Bound, book one in the Elder Races, was one of my all-time favorite PNR/fantasy books. EVER. Not only did I fall in love with the humor and snark from her
Paige  Bookdragon

She stuck the screen of her phone into his face. "Here. This is me."

He watched the clip of an octopus running away along the ocean floor. The words, 'NOPE. NOPE. NOPE' appeared at the bottom of the screen.

description

"What the hell am I looking at?" he barked.

"It's a nope GIF. You've never seen a nope GIF? There are hundred on the internet. " She smiled. "We literally never have to have this conversation again. You'll bring it up again, and I'll just send you a GIF. Subject closed."

ABSOLUTELY EPIC.

This is
Penni
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this start to a new series.
Lady Heather
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: luvvas of paranormal romance
Publication Date: December 13, 2016

Huge Moonshadow Price Promotion!!
(From Thea Harrison's E-newsletter, December 8, 2016)

"I have been so incredibly blessed with amazing readers, and to thank everyone I'm giving you an early holiday gift. For the next two weeks (December 7-December 21) the price of Moonshadow ebooks will be $2.99 USD. If you have pre-ordered, you should automatically get the lower price. If you haven't pre-ordered, now is the time to do so! Remember, this price promotion is only
Tori
Originally posted at Smexybooks-http://smexybooks.com/2016/12/review-...

LAPD consultant Sophia Ross is handed the opportunity of a lifetime when she comes to the UK to fulfill the terms of a will. Upon arriving, Sophia realizes that there is more at stake than a little breaking and entering. Sophia has landed right in the middle of an ongoing war between the Light and Dark Courts.

Nikolas Sevigny, a Daoine Sidhe knight of the Dark Court, has been in exile for centuries along with his fellow
Kate
Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom, okay Germany. There was a girl, okay young woman, alright, alright a woman who has been enchanted by Thea Harrison. This girl ah woman was born with a book in her hand. Sadly no but I wish. She liked to read, ah loved to read and if she had her way she would tell everyone to leave her alone because books. Need I say more?

One day when scouring the vast kingdom of Netgalley she came across a hidden gem of a book. With little hope she requested it and didnt
Marta Cox
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
If you have read and enjoyed the Elder Races books then this spin off series is a must read. No longer set in the US, the action has moved to the UK although as it heavily involves the Fae expect both the Light and the Dark courts to feature as things progress.
Ok essentially our story begins when Sophie is offered the opportunity of a lifetime and it's exactly what she needs. As a witch consultant with the police she has recently survived terrible injuries that haunt her. The chance to possibly
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3/5; 3 stars; B

I liked this book but I didn't rate it higher than three stars because it didn't wow me or intrigue me.

Thea Harrison writes a good solid PNR story and I will continue reading this trilogy as well as the Elder Races books. However, I am starting to hear that little voice in the back of my head saying 'wrap up this series'.
Katie Reus
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
LOVE this book! Love, love, love. The chemistry between Sophie and Nik was off the charts. <3
Emma
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the story, liked the MCs, the paranormal elements were detailed and well done. The romance was good but it would have been better if the hero didn't play hot and cold throughout the whole story. I loved their banter and the heroine's insistence that she can make her own decisions, but I wanted her to make him pay for his hesitation about her and grovel, for her to accept him. I hate when it's all up to the male lead who does nothing to win the heroine's affection.
Jen Davis
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every so often I am reminded how much I truly enjoy Thea Harrison. I have not loved every single one of the Elder Races books equally, but I absolutely adored this one. This is actually something of a spin off, set in the world of Elder Races but outside of the ongoing story line. So if youve never tried those books, this is a fantastic place to jump in.

The heroine is an American police consultant recovering from a shooting. Her entire future opens up when she learns she may be heir to a
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Jan. 2019 Audio: This is a re-read/listen. I loved reading, but man did the audio blow me away. Sophie Eastlakes did a fabulous job with the narration of this book. Im really glad that she was able to do this spinoff series. Her English accents was spot on. Recommend audio.

What a fabulous debut into a new spin off series from Author Thea Harrison.

WOW!! This spin off series is a must read. I love the Elder Races books, but here we up our game. We go from the US to the UK and dig deeper into the
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
I was surprised that with the Elder Races series proper not yet complete that Thea Harrison has started another series in the same world. Set in England this time it introduces us to another part of this world with the Knights of the Dark Court led by the battle weary Nikolas who have been locked out of their demense by the evil Queen Isabeau of the Light Court. Enter the part Djinn Sophie Ross in England on a quest of her own and watch the sparks fly between these two unlikely lovers.

The segue
namericanwordcat
A wonderful paranormal romance with a kickass magical heroine and Sidhe hero who has to adjust to love and a strong woman.

The world building is wonderful and the magic the heroine uses is clever and interesting.

We are in the same world as the Elder Races but we don't see the characters we know so well, but that is okay because we get a great cast of brothers in arms.

I like the hero very much in all his tortured angry warrior self but the heroine steals the show of me.

She is kind, brave,
Story_girl
Sophie is a witch consultant with the LAPD. When a woman approaches her and offers her information about her birth parents and makes her an irresistible offer she decides to take it. Nikolas is a commander of the Dark Court who is stranded on earth with several others and they are fighting for their very survival.

When he find out that Sophie has knowledge and abilities that can help his brothers survive he decides to use her without conscience but fails miserably.

The romance is one of those hate
Celestine
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am now a Thea Harrison fan. This is the first book I have read from her and I look forward to reading more!
All Things Urban Fantasy
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

No one writes magical nerdery better than Thea Harrison. Reminiscent of Rune and Carling tumbling through time, MOONSHADOW's heroine, Sophie faces an age old problem with a mix of modern problem solving and magic. While she makes huge magical strides, her explanations strike the perfect balance between realism and fantasy.

I've always enjoyed Harrison's centuries old alpha males running into modern women, and Sophie and Nikolas are no exception. While
Kira
There is such a thing as too much feminism. Every damn time Nik said something Sophie had to rant about how she's a woman who can do what she wants. She shouldn't be ordered around; she should be asked to do something. Based on her response to Nik, you'd think he was some controlling douchebag. I thought he was fairly nice. Sophie constantly called him an asshole, and the only time he really acted like an asshole was at the very beginning of the book. Sophie was too much of a bitch, and it was ...more
Holly
Eh. 2.5 stars rounded up to 3 because it's well written. It's just kind of boring. I like a strong heroine who knows how to stand up for herself even against much stronger people, but Sophie takes it a bit too far. Even when someone tells her to do something she agrees with, she has to make a big production about how she is doing it only because she wants to do it. I liked that Sophie apparently came up with her own unique system of drawing magic on her skin as her way of protecting herself ...more
E.G. Manetti
Another pnr-verse where magical creatures move openly in modern society. In this version, the witch-heroine, Sophie gets involved in a war between the dark and light courts of the fae with the dark court being the good-guys. Using temporary tattoos to wield magic that throw baddies across a room and a gun with silver bullets for stopping werewolves, Sophie rushes in to danger. She knows it's not smart, but she's more interested in saving the innocent and friends than preserving herself. Nik, the ...more

• Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5)
  • Mist's Edge (The Broken Lands, #2)
  • Wayfarer's Keep (The Broken Lands, #3)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Phoenix Unbound (Fallen Empire, #1)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles, #1)
  • Promise of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #1)
  • Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant, #1)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)
  • Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)
  • Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11)
I write paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and other stuff. I taught myself to read when I was four. That was around the time I tried to ride my tricycle to work. I wasn't sure where work was, but I knew it had to be interesting if people went there every day. Now I combine my love of books with work, and I don't have to ride my tricycle to get there. My Elder Races series began May, 2011. You can ...more

Moonshadow (3 books)
  • Spellbinder (Moonshadow, #2)
  • Lionheart (Moonshadow, #3)