Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Group Reads > Nominate March 2017 Group Read. **VOTING CLOSED**

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Feb 10, 2017 08:17AM) (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1446 comments Mod
Nominations are now open for March 2017!

Kelly Caldwell and Jan Drexler are exempt from nomination as we've already read one of her books this year, although we may make exceptions for novella collections that include one of these authors. If you're not sure if your book is eligible for nomination, please leave a comment and one of the moderators will get back to you!

Rules:
1. Any Amish-themed novel is eligible.
2. One nomination per person.
3. If two people nominate the same book, each person's vote counts. So the book will feature twice in the list to give each vote an equal chance.
4. Nominations run until the 14th of the month, with the winner announced on the 15th.
5. The winning book is chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
6. Please don't nominate a book we have already read. You can see our list of previous group reads here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... or look at the group read's bookshelf here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books... (it includes both group read categories).
7. Only nominate the first book in a series UNLESS we have already read #1 (see above link). In this case, #2 is then eligible for nomination!
Amy Wallace
Nominate away!!

#1 -- Love Bears All Things (Amish Secrets, #2) by Beth Wiseman -- Diamond
#2 -- The Courtship Basket (Amish Heirloom, #2) by Amy Clipston -- Natalie
#3 -- Hiding in Plain Sight (Place of Refuge, #1) by Amy Wallace -- Carolyn
#4 -- The Keeper (Stoney Ridge Seasons, #1) by Suzanne Woods Fisher -- Kate
#5 -- A Stranger's Gift (Women of Pinecraft, #1) by Anna Schmidt -- Barbara
#6 --

message 2: by Diamond (new)

Diamond Jones-Cox (mzaware28) | 105 comments Love Bears all Things by Beth Wiseman it's book #2 in the Amish Secrets. We already read #1

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1076 comments I will nominate The Courtship Basket (Amish Heirloom, #2) by Amy Clipston since we read The Forgotten Recipe (Amish Heirloom, #1) by Amy Clipston last year.

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Both are very good choices. Thanks ladies!

message 5: by Carolyn (last edited Feb 03, 2017 05:38AM) (new)

Carolyn V | 394 comments Beth Wesemans books were good; I haven't read Amy clipston.
I will be different and see if this nomination works - Hiding in Plain Sight (Place of Refuge #1) by Amy Wallace

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) I'm going to nominate The Keeper by Suzanne Woods Fisher . For some reason, I thought it had been picked as a group read for us already, but I just double-checked and it hasn't been! :)

message 7: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Liles | 13 comments I have never done the group read. Could someone explain it to me?

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Suzanne wrote: "I have never done the group read. Could someone explain it to me?"

Every month we "nominate" books we would like to read as a group the following month with the expectation that as we finish reading they will make comments and we can discuss our likes, dislikes, wish it would have gone this way, or I'd like to have a friend like...

There's are no rules that say once you start that you have to do it every month. Nothing that says you have to buy the books to participate. Just jump in where you can or where you want to. Does this help Suzanne?

message 9: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Liles | 13 comments Thank you. Have they decided on a book for next month?

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Suzanne wrote: "Thank you. Have they decided on a book for next month?"

We have not decided on one yet. We take nominations from anyone willing to try an idea into the ring until the 14th of the month. The winner is announced on the 15th.

If you have a selection that you would like to read as a group, please nominate it.

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Here's one that has been hanging around my to read shelf for awhile... A Stranger's Gift by Anna Schmidt.

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Last day for nominations!!

Anymore suggestions??

message 13: by Barbara (new)

Our group read for March is....

#4 -- The Keeper (Stoney Ridge Seasons, #1) by Suzanne Woods Fisher -- nominated by Kate!

Happy reading everyone!