Tudor History Lovers discussion

Group Reads > Nominations Open - Group Read for March 2017

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1898 comments What book about the Tudors or Tudor England would you like to have as our Group Read in March?

If it's in a series, can it be easily read as a stand-alone? If not, you might want to nominate the first book in the series, or the most recent book in it the group has not read together.

Can't remember what we've already read as a group? (Sometimes I can't, either.) There's a "group-reads" shelf on the group's Bookshelf.

Two nominations to a person, please.

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 94 comments I will nominate Falling Pomegranate Seeds The Duty of Daughters (Katherine of Aragon #1) by Wendy J. Dunn and My Lady of Cleves A Novel of Henry VIII and Anne of Cleves by Margaret Campbell Barnes .

message 3: by Lizz (new)

Lizz (ealisaid) | 5 comments One more time...
Elizabeth: The Forgotten Years by John Guy Elizabeth The Forgotten Years by John Guy

message 5: by Seth (last edited Feb 02, 2017 06:09AM) (new)

Seth Margolis | 6 comments At the risk of coming across as self-promotional, I'd like to nominate my novel, The Semper Sonnet. It would be a bit of a departure for this group, as it's a suspense novel. But much of the book takes place in Elizabethan England, and I'd love to hear what true Tudor aficionados think of it. I'd be happy to participate in a discussion, of course!
The Semper Sonnet by Seth Margolis .

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraajohnsonrn) | 6 comments The Private Lives of the Tudors by Tracy Borman

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 94 comments @Susanna: I probably will not participate in the discussion again for next month's Group Read.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1898 comments That's OK, Natalie - come back when you can. The threads will still be open.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1898 comments Does anyone else have a nomination? I'll probably be opening the poll tomorrow.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1898 comments I'm going to nominate Thomas Cromwell: The Untold Story of Henry VIII's Most Faithful Servant, by Tracy Borman.

I'm going to close nominations and open the poll later this afternoon - this is your chance to make any last-minute nominations.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1898 comments Nominations are closed, and the poll is open on the front page of the group, or here: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1... .

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1898 comments My Lady of Cleves was indeed the winner. We'll be discussing it here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... .