Paging All Bookworms! discussion

Chit Chat > Question of the Day - February 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2238 comments Mod
Wednesday - Feb 1 - Do you notice effects of global warming?

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

We've hardly had any snow at all this winter .. and last winter was very mild as well.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 773 comments Our winter here in Tennessee has been mild as well. We have a few days in the 30/40s, then the next couple of days are in the 60s.

message 4: by Leah (new)

Leah K (uberbutter) | 737 comments Mod
February 2, Thursday: What is your favorite fruit to eat?

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 773 comments Leah wrote: "February 2, Thursday: What is your favorite fruit to eat?"

I love all kinds of fruit, but right now I'm mostly eating blackberries and strawberries. Yum!

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary (bradleygirl) | 5 comments Grapefruit! Which is very sad, b/c apparently it messes with medications, and for the moment I have a lot to take. But still. Grapefruit is awesome.

message 7: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments Strawberries! Straight or dipped in dark chocolate.

message 8: by Leah (new)

February 3, Friday: What do you usually think about on your drive home from work?

message 9: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments Not working now, but when I did, I usually was thinking about what to make for supper...and nasty thoughts about the person who just cut me off. :)

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

Leah wrote: "February 2, Thursday: What is your favorite fruit to eat?"

Well, I am my father's daughter - Watermelon! And, like Daddy, I eat a banana almost every day.

message 11: by Book Concierge (new)

Leah wrote: "February 3, Friday: What do you usually think about on your drive home from work?"

I'm usually listening to an audio book, so that's what I think about. But sometimes I'm wondering about dinner ....

message 12: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 615 comments Leah wrote: "February 2, Thursday: What is your favorite fruit to eat?"

Watermelon!

message 13: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 615 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Wednesday - Feb 1 - Do you notice effects of global warming?"

A few days ago I was saying that we don't get the snow piled up to the roof of the barn like we did when I was a kid. Havent had that in quite a few years.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 773 comments Leah wrote: "February 3, Friday: What do you usually think about on your drive home from work?"

Not much since my drive is only about 5 minutes long.

message 15: by Leah (last edited Feb 07, 2017 11:04AM) (new)

February 6, Monday: What is the difference between living and existing?

message 16: by Leah (new)

February 7, Tuesday: Do you do anything to celebrate Black History Month?

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 773 comments Leah wrote: "February 7, Tuesday: Do you do anything to celebrate Black History Month?"

Not really, but I should use this month to read a book related to it.

message 18: by Book Concierge (new)

Leah wrote: "February 7, Tuesday: Do you do anything to celebrate Black History Month?"

I don't, though I read pretty widely, including authors of color and many foreign countries.
Maybe I can squeeze in a book by Christopher Paul Curtis or Beverly Jenkins this month.

I also don't do anything to celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month (though I'm Hispanic)... I don't count eating Mexican food, since I eat that every week ... LOL.

message 19: by Book Concierge (new)

Leah wrote: "February 6, Monday: What is the difference between living and existing?"

Existing is just being ... breathing, eating, sleeping.

Living is embracing all that comes your way in life. Joys, sorrows, disappointments, successful endeavors, love, etc.

message 20: by Skeetor (last edited Feb 07, 2017 02:46PM) (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments Leah wrote: "February 7, Tuesday: Do you do anything to celebrate Black History Month?"

Nope. Don't do anything special for any of the other "months" either. They feel kind of false to me - or patronizing.

message 21: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments Leah wrote: "February 6, Monday: What is the difference between living and existing?"

To me, existing is staying alive, doing the bare minimum to survive.
Living is leaving your cocoon to experience new things so you can learn and grow.

message 22: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 615 comments Leah wrote: "February 6, Monday: What is the difference between living and existing?"

I know people that don't do much except sit on the couch and watch tv all day. To me that is not living. That is existing. Living is getting up off the couch and doing something productive.

message 23: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 615 comments Leah wrote: "February 7, Tuesday: Do you do anything to celebrate Black History Month?"

I do not. Actually, I didn't know Black History month was something people celebrated.

message 24: by Leah (new)

February 8, Wednesday: If you could live in any country, besides the one you currently reside in, where would that be?

message 25: by Book Concierge (new)

Leah wrote: "February 8, Wednesday: If you could live in any country, besides the one you currently reside in, where would that be?"

Hubby and I have actually talked about this ... Panama? Thailand? Italy? ... the winner is always CANADA!

message 26: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments Leah wrote: "February 8, Wednesday: If you could live in any country, besides the one you currently reside in, where would that be?"

That's a tough question and I have never really thought about living anywhere else but in this country. A country can seem really nice when you visit it but living there can be another story.

But, that being said, if I had to leave the US, I would probably look into either Germany, Switzerland or Canada.

message 27: by Leah (last edited Feb 10, 2017 08:51AM) (new)

February 9, Thursday: What has life taught you recently?

message 28: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments That prayers are heard.

message 29: by Leah (new)

February 10, Friday: Do you have any exciting weekend plans?

message 30: by Book Concierge (new)

Leah wrote: "February 10, Friday: Do you have any exciting weekend plans?"

Not really exciting ... but I'm getting a pedicure on Saturday, as well as a hair cut. Then I'm going to the bookstore to shop for books for a baby-shower gift.

message 31: by Leah (new)

Leah wrote: "February 10, Friday: Do you have any exciting weekend plans?"

My mom is taking my son for the weekend. So just a relaxing time with the husband!

message 32: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 773 comments Leah wrote: "February 10, Friday: Do you have any exciting weekend plans?"

I'm working, but I do have someone coming to my house to put in a new heating/cooling system tomorrow. Mine died yesterday. My kids and I are currently being kept warm with space heaters.

message 33: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments Leah wrote: "February 10, Friday: Do you have any exciting weekend plans?"

Not really. Maybe do some reorganizing in my office and if I have time, work on my plans for my vegetable garden.

message 34: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments Melissa wrote: "Leah wrote: "February 10, Friday: Do you have any exciting weekend plans?"

I'm working, but I do have someone coming to my house to put in a new heating/cooling system tomorrow. Mine died yesterda..."

Melissa, where do you live? I hope it's not too cold where you are and that you all stay warm and safe!

message 35: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 773 comments Skeetor wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Leah wrote: "February 10, Friday: Do you have any exciting weekend plans?"

I'm working, but I do have someone coming to my house to put in a new heating/cooling system tomorrow. Mi..."

I live in Tennessee. The temps have been pretty good, but it got down to 20 last night. The company putting in the new system gave us space heaters. They worked very well.

message 36: by Leah (new)

February 13, Monday: Can you play a musical instrument?

message 37: by Book Concierge (new)

Leah wrote: "February 13, Monday: Can you play a musical instrument?"

The piano ... I took lessons from 1st grade through high school. I don't play much any longer, but I still get the piano tuned faithfully each year.

message 38: by Skeetor (last edited Feb 13, 2017 02:23PM) (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments The piano, a little guitar and a teeny bit of violin (just started learning this one about a year or two ago)

I don't play any of them too well, though.

message 39: by Leah (new)

February 14, Tuesday: Do you do anything for Valentine's Day?

message 40: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments My husband and I are going to have some chocolate-dipped strawberries and champagne to celebrate. :)

message 41: by Leah (new)

February 16, Thursday: Where's your favorite place to read?

message 42: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments The bathtub, because there are no interruptions...although if it is a really good book, I sometimes end up with pruned fingers and toes.

message 43: by Leah (new)

February 17, Friday: What makes you proud?

message 44: by Book Concierge (new)

Leah wrote: "February 16, Thursday: Where's your favorite place to read?"

I have "my" chair in the library ... in a quiet corner, has a foot stool, and good lighting. I also really like the recliner in our home library, next to the fireplace, but I rarely read there these days.

message 45: by ilikeboox (new)

ilikeboox | 242 comments Leah wrote: "February 2, Thursday: What is your favorite fruit to eat?"

apple pie and banana bread!

message 46: by ilikeboox (new)

ilikeboox | 242 comments Leah wrote: "February 3, Friday: What do you usually think about on your drive home from work?"

How much fun it was!

message 47: by ilikeboox (new)

ilikeboox | 242 comments Leah wrote: "February 17, Friday: What makes you proud?"

My husband, son and friends!

message 48: by ilikeboox (new)

ilikeboox | 242 comments Leah wrote: "February 10, Friday: Do you have any exciting weekend plans?"
Last weekend we went dancing!

message 49: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 615 comments ilikeboox wrote: "Leah wrote: "February 10, Friday: Do you have any exciting weekend plans?"
Last weekend we went dancing!"

Well, I had a funeral on Sat. That wasn't too exciting but it was nice to see people I hadn't seen for a long time.

message 50: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 615 comments Skeetor wrote: "The bathtub, because there are no interruptions...although if it is a really good book, I sometimes end up with pruned fingers and toes."

Outside in a lawn chair. It was ALMOST warm enough here in Minnesota to do it this weekend.

« previous 1