Stephen King Fans discussion

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ElleEm (new)

ElleEm | 260 comments This question was posted on a Facebook that I am part of, I can't take credit but thought it was an interesting question. Who would you like to see Stephen King write a book with? Let's see your dream team! I'll go first.

I say Gillian Flynn, she writes some pretty disturbing, dark stuff and I think their book child would be pretty twisted. What say you?

message 2: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3935 comments Neil Gaiman

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 52 comments I would love to see Stephen King collaborate with John Irving. They are two of my favorite authors, and are friends in real life. Irving writes these beautiful but damaged characters, and I think King could bring those characters to life in some terrifying situations.

message 4: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1099 comments Mod
I'd love to see him do a full length novel with Joe Hill. They've done a couple of short stories together, but the potential...

message 5: by ElleEm (last edited Feb 01, 2017 09:38AM) (new)

ElleEm | 260 comments I've never read Neil Gaiman but his books look good. Which one is your favorite?

message 6: by ElleEm (new)

ElleEm | 260 comments Chris wrote: "I'd love to see him do a full length novel with Joe Hill. They've done a couple of short stories together, but the potential..."

I bet that would be interesting.

message 7: by ElleEm (new)

ElleEm | 260 comments Jessica wrote: "I would love to see Stephen King collaborate with John Irving. They are two of my favorite authors, and are friends in real life. Irving writes these beautiful but damaged characters, and I think K..."

I have never read Irving. I will check out some of his stuff.

message 8: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1099 comments Mod
I would have loved to see King do a collaboration with Elmore Leonard. Can't happen now, but that could have been great. I could see a Western with the two of them writing together.

Leonard's character and dialogue, along with King's generally WTFery would be something to see.

message 9: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3935 comments ElleEm wrote: "I've never read Neil Gaiman but his books look good. Which one is your favorite?"

Anansi Boys but I like them all. He is so eclectic, like King.

message 10: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Barclay | 4 comments Chris wrote: "I'd love to see him do a full length novel with Joe Hill. They've done a couple of short stories together, but the potential..."

I suspect Joe Hill avoids too much collaboration with SK so he's not too much in his father's shadow.

I haven't had a chance to read any of Hill's books yet, but they're on my list.

message 11: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3935 comments A collaboration between Stephen and Owen King is coming out this year. I haven't loved Owen's work so far, but maybe I will when it's written with his dad.

message 12: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3935 comments I think Hill and King's styles are so similar that a collaboration between them would just feel like a great book by either of them.

Part of why I like The Talisman, Black House and A Face in the Crowd is that Peter Straub and Stewart O'Nan normally have very different styles, so a collaboration has a fresh feel to it.

message 13: by ElleEm (new)

ElleEm | 260 comments Andrew wrote: "Chris wrote: "I'd love to see him do a full length novel with Joe Hill. They've done a couple of short stories together, but the potential..."

I suspect Joe Hill avoids too much collaboration with..."

I haven't had a chance to read Joe Hill yet either. I have been looking for his books at our local used book store and haven't had any luck. I will probably have to break down and by them from Amazon.

message 14: by Reenie (new)

Reenie (reeniebell) | 166 comments ElleEm wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Chris wrote: "I'd love to see him do a full length novel with Joe Hill. They've done a couple of short stories together, but the potential..."

I suspect Joe Hill avoids too much col..."

They seem to be very tricky to come across secondhand (I guess people like them too much) I managed to find one at my local library, have you thought about trying there? (Until you can buy them of course)

message 15: by Caplee (new)

Caplee | 10 comments Dan Simmons or E.L. Doctorow could add a cool historical setting to a King collaboration. I bet he and Lauren Beukes would make a good pair too.

message 16: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller I see he just collaborated with someone on Gwendy's Button Box; Richard Chizmar who is with Cemetary Dance.

I have to get my hands on a copy!!