What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Spellbinder (Spellbinder #1)
This topic is about Spellbinder
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Recent early YA British contemporary fantasy series; shadow children, nasty vines. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa (hydrolagus) | 94 comments This series came out within the last 10 years. It's on the young side of YA--is there a name for that? The main character is a girl, but there is also a boy involved in most of the adventures. It's British.
Things that happen in the series but not necessarily all in the same book: They use the very hot hood of a car to do something--read a hidden message? There's a block of flats with the ghosts/shadows of children that try to pull her in. In one there's a creepy chemist's shop, a parallel world where they meet a girl with stripy socks sitting in a tree, carnivorous vines that chase them down a path, and (I think) a sneaky trap with bottles or mirrors. They break into a theater. The boy's parents own an electronics shop. She likes parma violets.
I *think* she can see ghosts and lives with the ghosts of her mother and father, but that might be mashing a different book in.
I read these less than 5 years ago! I don't know why I can't remember the name.

message 3: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa (hydrolagus) | 94 comments That is either the one, or one that I mentally mashed up with some other book. Guess I'll have to read it again and find out!

message 4: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa (hydrolagus) | 94 comments Spellbinder is it! Thank you Ayshe! Everything I remembered is in there, even the stuff I thought I might have mashed in from elsewhere. Except for the stripy socks, which I seem to have invented whole-cloth.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Spellbinder (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Helen Stringer (other topics)