Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
This topic is about The Hunger Games
ARCHIVES > February: The Hunger Games Discussion Thread

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Here is our February Battle of the book discussion thread!

Jump in and discuss the book as you read along (or chat with others if you've already read it)

** Be sure to use spoilers tags so any new readers can enjoy the book!
(Spoiler Tag guidance and help is explained here)

The Voting thread is still in another spot so, if you read both, don't forget to vote!

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments I was introduced by this book from some quotes on Tumblr and actually read the whole series in a weekend (and ended up suffering one of the worst reading hangovers of my LIFE).

(view spoiler)

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Feb 02, 2017 10:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments YES! This was(view spoiler)

wow, I read this one 7 years ago....

Farren (mmmcookies) | 859 comments I love the Hunger Games so much, it's my absolute favorite sci-fi book. The whole series is amazing, but I felt like the first two are virtually perfect and Mockingjay was only a 4 star read for me. I wish I hadn't ignored all the hype when the book first released!

(view spoiler)

As interested as I am in The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau I can't imagine it's good enough to beat THG.

message 5: by Kikijanika (last edited Feb 06, 2017 07:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kikijanika | 2920 comments The hunger games is the ultimate YA series for me. It's where it all began, the first YA series I read after many years of reading mainly adult fiction. If I hadn't read it before and would read it now, I don't know whether I'd find it that good. It's hard to imagine. It's also hard to compare other books with it because it's just THE ONE. But I've got high expectations for The testing. Too bad I probably won't have time to read it this month.

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2160 comments I love THG. It's my favorite YA dystopian trilogy. It's simply the best! I recently reread the first book so I'm not going to read it this month, but I will read The Testing if I get a chance.

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Kikijanika wrote: "The hunger games is the ultimate YA series for me. It's where it all began, the first YA series I read after many years of reading mainly adult fiction. t..."

Yes! this was for me too! The first dystopian I read in a long long time and really loved it! it definitely set up reading more YA for me too!

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Fingers crossed both of you guys can get the chance to read The Testing this month :)