Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5894 comments Mod
Erin & Trea - The Young Elites Series

1. The Young Elites
2. The Rose Society
3. The Midnight Star

message 2: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new)

⚜️XAR (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Heya, Erin! Couple of planning questions: Are you planning on reading Midnight Star this month, or would you be willing to read it in March? I've got a Galley review due by the 14th and an author readalong starting on the 20th, so I was also wondering when you were thinking of starting Rose Society?

Erin | 320 comments I can do The Rose Society whenever it's best for you. I've been periodically checking on the availability of the ebook from my mom's library and it's always available.
And I'd be happy to wait until March for the third book as I have quite a few others lined up for February.

message 4: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new)

That works for me, as I am WAY overscheduled for February!

How about this: I read Young Elites sometime before Feb 23. We plan to start Rose Society on the 23rd, and then plan on reading Midnight Star in the first part of March. Will that work ok for you?

Erin | 320 comments Yup! Sounds good!

message 6: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new)

Erin wrote: "Yup! Sounds good!"

Great! When I get started on Young Elites, I'll start chattering in here about it!

Erin | 320 comments I started The Rose Society today because I want to ensure that I will finish by the end of the month. Hoping to wrap up a number of books by the end of this month to get a fresh start for March. I think I bit off more than I could chew! :-P

I haven't read much though so I don't have any comments yet, but I'll use spoilers moving forward.

Before I started, I read an overview of The Young Elites to refresh my memory of it and, fortunately, I didn't have any "oh yeah, I forgot that" moments! I also reread some of the end of it to get me on track.

message 8: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new)

Erin wrote: "I started The Rose Society today because I want to ensure that I will finish by the end of the month. Hoping to wrap up a number of books by the end of this month to get a fresh sta..."

Yeah, I'm way behind on the month too! I haven't been able to sit down with these yet, but I'm going up to reading two books at the same time, so I'll make YE one of them!

Erin | 320 comments I'm almost always reading multiple books at a time. I'm working on 5 right now! :-P
I find that a lot of times I need to be in the right mood for something. Though sometimes I will get caught up in a particular title. (I'm loving Gone with the Wind right now and would love to solely focus on that... but I have other commitments this month. If I can get through my other books, I'll reward myself by devouring it in March).

message 10: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new)

Erin wrote: "I'm almost always reading multiple books at a time. I'm working on 5 right now! :-P
I find that a lot of times I need to be in the right mood for something. Though sometimes I will get caught up in..."

I usually do one at a time, trying to read a book a day, but sometimes I over plan for a month and then I have to do two at a time!

I hope you do make it through the other books! My mom loved GwtW!

message 11: by Erin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erin | 320 comments I'm about halfway done now... It's not terrible, but I'm not liking it as much as the first one.

Adelina is constantly hearing voices in her head which I don't remember from the first book. You'll have to let me know if that comes up in The Young Elites when you get around to it.

I'm actually hoping to finish by Friday at this point because my parents are flying in on Saturday and will be here through the end of the month. Won't be doing much reading during their stay :-P

message 12: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new)

Erin wrote: "I'm about halfway done now... It's not terrible, but I'm not liking it as much as the first one."

Bummer! Sorry to hear that!

Erin wrote: "Adelina is constantly hearing voices in her head which I don't remember from the first book. You'll have to let me know if that comes up in The Young Elites when you get around to it."

Will do! I hope to get to it sometime tomorrow...

Erin wrote: "I'm actually hoping to finish by Friday at this point because my parents are flying in on Saturday and will be here through the end of the month. Won't be doing much reading during their stay :-P"

Ugh! Ok, I'll try to catch up, ASAP!

message 13: by Erin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erin | 320 comments No worries, get to it when you can. I will still check in after I finish and respond to any comments you have :-)

message 14: by Erin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erin | 320 comments So... I'm almost done and I'm really not liking this one. I will likely give it a 2-star rating when I finish. If you wanted to forego the series and focus on other books you're more interested in, I would not be the least bit offended. I really don't even have much to say about this one. I just wanna finish and move on :-/

message 15: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new)

Erin wrote: "So... I'm almost done and I'm really not liking this one. I will likely give it a 2-star rating when I finish. If you wanted to forego the series and focus on other books you're more interested in,..."

That works for me...I have the first one set up for a challenge, so I may just read it anyway. It's good for me to have the option to skip it!

Want to do Red Rising instead next month?

message 16: by Erin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erin | 320 comments I'd rather hold off on Red Rising for awhile. I want to finish the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series (I never read Sisterhood Everlasting), and the Little House series (followed by Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiography). I'm also not quite halfway done with GwtW, which I'd like to focus more on in March. Gotta get through some of these things before I'll be ready to start a new series.

message 17: by Erin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erin | 320 comments Have you read the Shatter Me series? That's another one I want to pick up sometime. Though again, it wouldn't be for awhile yet...

message 18: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new)

Erin wrote: "I'd rather hold off on Red Rising for awhile. I want to finish the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series (I never read Sisterhood Everlasting), and the Little House series (follo..."

That's fine, just drop a line whenever you want to read them!

Erin wrote: "Have you read the Shatter Me series? That's another one I want to pick up sometime. Though again, it wouldn't be for awhile yet..."

Nope, haven't read it, though my daughter has and is demanding I read it at some point! Would definitely be up for reading it with you, if you wish!

message 19: by Erin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erin | 320 comments Haha! Great! I'll make a note to let you know when I'm ready. Of course, there's no need to wait for me if you're looking to read it soon :-)

message 20: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new)

Erin wrote: "Haha! Great! I'll make a note to let you know when I'm ready. Of course, there's no need to wait for me if you're looking to read it soon :-)"

LOL, will do!