North Yorkshire Library Service Book Group discussion

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
First 15 Lives of Harry August > If you liked this...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

North Yorkshire Libraries | 2 comments Mod
If you enjoyed The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August what other books would you recommend to others who also liked it, and why?

Victoria Turvey-Sauron (radiantwrites) | 53 comments Mod
Well, I didn't really enjoy it, but the obvious thing to read if you are attracted by the conceit of a person living a life both in and out of time is The Time Traveler's Wife.

That's all I've got, off the top of my head, but an intriguing new publication is How to Stop Time which comes out in July. Matt Haig, I think, made a success of portraying a deep sense of alienation and separateness in The Humans so I'd be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that he could pull off a psychologically convincing time traveller. Also, it's already being adapted, starring Benedict Cumberbatch (http://variety.com/2017/film/global/b...), so it should probably be read in any case.

message 3: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel Hughes | 2 comments I couldn't get into the book I'm afraid. The writing didn't captivate me to continue reading, I've picked it up and put back down after a couple of pages so many times this week. In the end I've decided to give up, which I hate doing! I might revisit it another time though.

message 4: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel Hughes | 2 comments Just realised I posted on the wrong thread - sorry