Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Separating Books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by DB (new)

DB Nielsen | 2 comments Hi,
For some reason SCROLL: Part 2 (Keepers of Genesis Series) (Paperback) has been combined with SCROLL (Keepers of Genesis #2).

SCROLL: Part 2 is a new republication. Can this be separated? I have tried to action the Separate function, however, it just links to a page of what others are reading.

Thanks
DB

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Separated and recombined with the other edition of SCROLL: Part Two. Only librarians can use the separate function.

Your similar titles make it difficult to be sure what is what.

message 3: by DB (new)

DB Nielsen | 2 comments Thanks for the assistance.
I can appreciate the difficulty the title similarities may cause. Same story, different publisher, new formatting, new covers, new variation on title :-)

Dee

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41419 comments Mod
D.B. wrote: "Same story, different publisher, new formatting, new covers, new variation on title :-)"

If they have the same content, just revised, they should indeed be combined.

message 5: by lethe (last edited Jan 30, 2017 09:34AM) (new)

lethe | 13532 comments It is indeed confusing.

On the combine page I see separate listings for:
SCROLL (Keepers of Genesis, #2)
SCROLL: Part One (Keepers of Genesis Series #3)
SCROLL: Part Two (Keepers of Genesis Series #4)
and
SEED (Keepers of Genesis, #1)
SEED: Part One (Keepers of Genesis Series #1)
SEED: Part Two (Keepers of Genesis Series #2)
and
Sword (Keepers of Genesis, #3)
SWORD: Part One (Keepers of Genesis Series #5)
SWORD: Part Two (Keepers of Genesis Series #6)

Yet the series lists only 4 books/titles: https://www.goodreads.com/series/1347... (Seed, Scroll, Sword, Stone)

How can parts 1 and 2 of a title have another primary series number than the complete(?) title (instead of f.e. #1 part 1, #1 part 2, etc.)?

How can different titles (Scroll, Seed) have the same series number?

message 6: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments So, it was originally published as 4 books (2014-2016) numbered #1-4 and now it's being republished as 6 books, numbered #1-6 (and I guess a 7 and 8?)

The most logical thing to do is renumber the 6 book set as #1 part 1, through #3 part 2 (and I guess #4 part 1 and part 2).

I stuck them all in the series that way for now.

The other alternative is to have two disparately numbered series, which would be the best option if the series designation was on the covers and indisputable, but it's not, so I think the first solution is simpler.