Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Books and Reading > Reading Goals for 2017

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9694 comments Mod
Thanks to Natalie for the idea.

Do you have some goals that you've made for the year of 2017 as far as reading? Please feel free to share them with us!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 95 comments I have quite a few but the most important one is to use my DNF powers! I even made a fun little reminder image.

message 3: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 192 comments Love your goal, Shera! I'm still trying to find my way to live the motto, "Life's too short to read a crappy book."

Some of my goals:
1. Read one Hugo or Nebula award winner per month
2. Read more historical fiction (I know, not specific enough, so I'll have a hard time accomplishing it!)
3. Try a new UF series

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments For me it's reading at least 1 book per month off of my maybe list. Somehow that seems to be where books go to die and be forgotten about.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 95 comments All great ideas!

Right now I'm already off to a bad start of reading more. I've used my DNF powers already. It's weird I want to read, but I'm having a hard time sitting down and doing it.

message 6: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 192 comments Try standing! (I do it with my phone - bad, bad habit) :)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 95 comments Netanella wrote: "Try standing! (I do it with my phone - bad, bad habit) :)"

Ha-ha! I have tried standing.

I think I just have the winter restlessness.

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 392 comments My main reading goal is just simply to read more books in 2017!

I haven't read many historical romances over the past couple of years even though I used to read them alot, so I would really like to read more historicals this year.

I have a number of ongoing series where I haven't yet read the latest book - Outlander series, Demonica series, Immortals after dark series, Feehan's Dark series, to name a few. I plan to catch up on those.

And do my DHASG challenges!

message 9: by Cari (new)

Cari Ray | 4 comments To find a book or series that's so good I can't put it down.

And I'd also like to finish a couple books I haven't,, I think maybe 3, that got a little boring or I needed something else.

And I'd love to finish some series that I needed to take a break in. I try to finish all series, if they're out, but sometimes I just need a break in between books, especially if each book is kinda the same just different characters. Does anyone else do that?

message 10: by Natalie (last edited Jun 26, 2017 01:42AM) (new)

Natalie | 392 comments I'm finding myself drawn to reading/listening more sci-fi/paranormal romance books this year, so I've been searching out more books in that theme to reach for when the mood takes me. Some from my TBR pile and some new authors to me aswell. A few sci-fi romances on my list to hopefully read this year are:

Parallel Attraction by Deirdre knight
Accidental Abduction by Eve langlais
Mercenary Instinct by Ruby Lionsdrake
Finders Keepers by Linnea Sinclair
The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee
The Starlight Rite by Cherise Sinclair