Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

General Discussion > List the books you've read so far in 2017

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 501 comments Mod
Hey all, what have you read so far? What are you looking forward to reading? I'm stuck behind my writer's desk this month, but I really want to start Feversong Feversong (Fever, #9) by Karen Marie Moning

message 2: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) My 2017 books so far: Venom & Vanilla (The Venom Trilogy #1) by Shannon Mayer One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3) by Ilona Andrews Dragonflight (Dragonriders of Pern, #1) by Anne McCaffrey Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1) by Seanan McGuire

February will be a quiet month, just need to catch up on some books I have at home. But in March I can't wait for these: Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10) by Patricia Briggs Etched in Bone (The Others, #5) by Anne Bishop

message 3: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 80 comments i have been mostly listening to books as its easier for me with the amount of things I have going on. Plus it allows me to "view" the stories from a different perspective by listening to the words and imagining the scenes which I think is making me better at my own craft. I have listened to:
Dark Lover
Jackaby
A Shade of Blood
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear

I'm hoping to also finish
The Sword of Summer loving the voice so far.

message 4: by Myst (last edited Feb 06, 2017 08:00AM) (new)

Myst | 108 comments Witchblade #131 by Ron Marz , My Reluctant Warden by Kallysten , Witchblade #80 by Ron Marz , FCBD 2012 Witchblade Unbalanced Pieces by Tim Seeley , The Stone Monkey (Lincoln Rhyme, #4) by Jeffery Deaver , 30 Days of Night Bloodsucker Tales #1 by Matt Fraction , 30 Days of Night Beyond Barrow #1 by Steve Niles , Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning , Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4) by Lara Adrian , My Familiar Stranger (Knights of Black Swan, #1) by Victoria Danann , The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) by Rachel Caine , Memory in Death (In Death, #22) by J.D. Robb , Haunted in Death (In Death, #22.5) by J.D. Robb , Kisscut (Grant County, #2) by Karin Slaughter , Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, #5) by Carrie Vaughn , Uneasy Reading 4 Horror Shorts by Jason Tucker , Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9) by Jennifer Estep , Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins, #1) by H.P. Mallory , Before Midnight (Blood Prince, #1) by Jennifer Blackstream , The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins , Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews , The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10) by Jennifer Estep , The Vanished Man (Lincoln Rhyme, #5) by Jeffery Deaver , Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara Adrian , Midnight Brunch (Casa Dracula, #2) by Marta Acosta , The Vampire Relationship Guide Meeting & Mating (Vampire Relationship Guide, #1) by Evelyn Lafont , Fire by William Esmont , Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6) by Carrie Vaughn , Web of Deceit (Elemental Assassin, #0.4) by Jennifer Estep , Poison (Elemental Assassin, #0.1) by Jennifer Estep , Bloody Freak (A Bloody, #1) by Emily Barker , The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3) by Mary Hughes , Born in Death (In Death, #23) by J.D. Robb , Death's Mistress (Sister of Darkness The Nicci Chronicles, #1) by Terry Goodkind , The Gingerbread Man by Maggie Shayne , Master of Seduction (Sea Wolves, #1) by Kinley MacGregor , Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds , Spike After the Fall by Brian Lynch , Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1) by Eve Langlais , Wraith by Joe Hill , Wrath of the Bloodeye (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #5) by Joseph Delaney , Even Witches Get the Blues (Wicked in Moonhaven, #1) by J.D. Winters , Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian #1) by Keri Arthur

That's all for January. *Phew*

Looking forward to catching up on the Elemental Assassin series.

message 6: by Myst (last edited Feb 20, 2017 09:05AM) (new)

Myst | 108 comments The Spook's Tale And Other Horrors (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles) by Joseph Delaney , Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1) by J.L. Bryan , Vampirella (2017) #0 by Paul Cornell , Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) by Rachel Caine , Spike The Devil You Know  by Bill Williams , Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin, #11) by Jennifer Estep , Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews , Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning , The Turn (The Hollows #0.1) by Kim Harrison , Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12) by Jennifer Estep , The Blood That Bonds (II AM Trilogy, #1) by Christopher Buecheler , Born of Vengeance (The League, #10) by Sherrilyn Kenyon , Moon Love (Vampire for Hire, #11.5) by J.R. Rain , Jabril (Vampires in America, #2) by D.B. Reynolds , Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult , Again (The Lycurgus) by Claire Simpson

message 9: by Meagan (new)

Meagan Poetschlag (angolethbooks) I have read The Talon saga by Julie Kagawa and The Court of Mist and Fury books so far for the year. I want to read a good werewolf/ romance next I think.

message 10: by Dmitrij (new)

Dmitrij Motley (DmitrijMotley) | 7 comments I have just read a few e-books, but listened much more. From what I can remember right now: Final Crossing, Honeycomb Valley Bears, Namaste: The Whole Story, Step Beast.

The Tears of Tess is in my earphones these days.

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dmitrij wrote: "The Tears of Tess is in my earphones these days."

Love this book!

message 12: by Dmitrij (last edited Feb 20, 2017 08:47AM) (new)

Dmitrij Motley (DmitrijMotley) | 7 comments If you loved it, you might love 321 by JA Huss and Empathy series by Ker Dukey as well :)

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dmitrij wrote: "If you loved it, you might love 321 by JA Huss and Empathy series by Ker Dukey as well :)"

Yup, already on my TBR.

message 14: by Kat (new)

Kat (katwiththehat) | 7 comments Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10) by Patricia Briggs , Etched in Bone (The Others, #5) by Anne Bishop , The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15) by J.R. Ward , Keystone (Crossbreed #1) by Dannika Dark , The Shifter Romances The Writer (Nocturne Falls, #6) by Kristen Painter and The Vampire’s Fake Fiancée (Nocturne Falls, #5) by Kristen Painter

I'm really looking forward to the Court of Mist and Fury as soon as my library has it available. And glad I found this group. Always love chatting with new book friends and seeing what everyone else i reading to get new book recs!

message 15: by Krysta (last edited May 03, 2017 07:26AM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments I've been a total slacker this year...I'm only 8 books in. T-T
I'm also reading The Magicians and The Drafter right now.

5 Stars: The Stars Never Rise (The Stars Never Rise, #1) by Rachel Vincent

4 Stars: None
3 Stars: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson
2 Stars: A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) by George R.R. Martin Skin Trade (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #17) by Laurell K. Hamilton Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James
1 Star: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) by E.L. James
DNF: The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

message 17: by Bunnycore (new)

Bunnycore | 28 comments I've read 98 books so far this year, i don't want to take up y'alls space in here so I'll just post my shelf.

bunnycore's 2017 shelf

message 19: by Amyiw (last edited Jun 01, 2017 10:35PM) (new)

Amyiw | 175 comments Bunnycore wrote: "I've read 98 books so far this year, i don't want to take up y'alls space in here so I'll just post my shelf.

bunnycore's 2017 shelf "

rather that your shelf, you could point to your challenge where there are big book covers.

How was White Hot? did it end in a cliffhanger?

I'm with bunnycore here. I've read 126 books. My year so far in books

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Davis Bunnycore wrote: " bunnycore's 2017 shelf "

Bunny, how did you like Silver (Silver, #1) by Rhiannon Held ?? I bought book 1 & 2 a while back but haven't read it yet.

message 21: by Jalissa (new)

Jalissa | 57 comments January:
The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani The Rithmatist (Rithmatist, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
February:
Wayfarer (Passenger, #2) by Alexandra Bracken Heartless by Marissa Meyer Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer
March:
Not a Drop to Drink (Not a Drop to Drink, #1) by Mindy McGinnis History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber
April:
Doll Bones by Holly Black The Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth, Vol. 1 by Aikawa Yu The Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth Vol. 2 by Aikawa Yu
May:
The Silence of Six (An SOS Thriller) by E.C. Myers The Battlemage (The Summoner, #3) by Taran Matharu
June:
The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich

message 22: by Bunnycore (new)

Bunnycore | 28 comments Amyiw wrote: "Bunnycore wrote: "I've read 98 books so far this year, i don't want to take up y'alls space in here so I'll just post my shelf.

bunnycore's 2017 shelf "

rather that your shelf, you could point ..."

Okay white hot was all Ilona Andrews deliciousness.. i have to say i am impressed with what they did and can not wait until the third book. I honestly was sadden when they said it was going to be a trilogy but i dunno, upon further reflection i dont think it would do as amazing as a series. I'm on the fence.

@Melissa
Okay so Silver what to say? Well it is not your usual UF/PNR there was no insta-love or insta-lust. Dare wanted to protect, the world building is intresting amd the wolves a little more brutal then oter books. I totally recomend it. I believe i gave this one 5 stars in my review and i stand by my choice.

message 23: by Amyiw (last edited Jun 04, 2017 05:40PM) (new)

Amyiw | 175 comments Aww... the turtle just wants to get to the pond. Stupid fence.

Never hear of a turtle shifter, crocodile sure but turtle?

message 24: by Bunnycore (new)

Bunnycore | 28 comments Why not they have a snake shifter. Apparently bunnies too so why not turtles? Just no one had the sense to write about them yet.

message 25: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Davis Bunnycore wrote: "Why not they have a snake shifter. Apparently bunnies too so why not turtles? Just no one had the sense to write about them yet."

TNMT?!??! Heroes in a half shell!! Lol - okay maybe not "shifters" but close, right!?!?

message 26: by Amyiw (new)

Amyiw | 175 comments Yep, didn't think about the TNMT.