What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Books about a long-time crush finally noticing/falling in love

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana Abel (danabethmarie) | 21 comments Would love to read some YA, NA, or Adult books, preferably with a female narrator, about having a long-time crush on someone, and then the crush finally falls in love back. Cheesy romance novels are fine. Could be after leaving town and returning after several years, or a boy she's loved since elementary school finally notices her, or a friend's brother or brother's friend falling for her, etc. No stalking or anything Lifetime movie-creepy. Anyone know any books like that?

message 2: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments Well, of course, there is the gender reversed story in Anne of Green Gables, where it is the boy that has the long time crush and the girl eventually comes around.

message 3: by Dana (new)

Dana Abel (danabethmarie) | 21 comments LauraW wrote: "Well, of course, there is the gender reversed story in Anne of Green Gables, where it is the boy that has the long time crush and the girl eventually comes around."

You know, I've never read Anne of Green Gables... maybe it's time.

message 4: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments I have read and re-read it many times. I am surprised that it never grows old for me.

message 5: by Chalyss (new)

Chalyss (consumedbybooks) | 6 comments Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman is exactly what you're looking for. I love this book, the title says it all.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 7: by Ann (last edited Apr 05, 2020 05:49PM) (new)

Ann | 535 comments Janelle Denison's story in Stroke of Midnight anthology
The Next Always by Nora Roberts
Vision in White by Nora Roberts
Double Exposure by Judith McNaught (from "A Gift of Love: Just Curious / Double Exposure / Gabriel's Angel / Five Golden Rings / Yuletide Treasure")

message 8: by A (new)

A (annie007) 99 percent mine by Sally Thorne. has always loved her brother's best friend, but .... spoilers