What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fantasy/YA book I can't remember. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Attar I'm trying to remember the name of a book I read maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I saw a post about a book called ''Court of 5'' and it triggered a vague memory of a book I really enjoyed, but when I googled the title, it was a completely different book that was published recently. I'm not sure why the title made me think of the book but I've tried every variation of it, I remember little facts like the main character being a tween boy who had one blue eye and one green eye. He got sent to some weird school where he made friends with a girl and then a boy who had wings, the boy with wings like to fly but his community refused to do so and said they didn't know how or something. I'm almost certain there was something about a ''court of 5'' or the title of that other book wouldn't have triggered the memory. I also remember Crows being fairy symbolic or something. Crows was defiantly a big part because at the end he asked them something and they turned into the number 5. I know this is all over the place, i'm sorry, but I only remember weird little bits like a trench coat the main character wore that had lots of cool little things in it as well as the old people with wings who refused to fly banning together in the end and fighting in some battle. There was also something about a treaty?

message 2: by Bunnycore (last edited Jan 26, 2017 12:56PM) (new)

Bunnycore Its not Six of Crows by Leigh Barugo is it?

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Attar Bunnycore wrote: "Its not Six of Crows by Leigh Barugo is it?"
defiantly not, I read it years ago

message 4: by Greyman (new)

Greyman | 33 comments Sarah, an idea is to put these details that stand out in the book in the header of your thread, just click "edit" at the top and put in the words that made the book stand out. Think of it as click-bait. ;) This will help people who might have read your book to find your thread more easily - after all there are a lot of people looking for book titles they can't remember.

And one green and one blue eye is heterochromia for short, if you'd like to add that.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Pluym | 102 comments I think I know the book you are talking about. Is it the Ring of Five by Eoin McNamee? The main character Danny gets sent to a school for spies and he meets a bunch of weird people. There are also ravens or crows at the school.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
The Ring of Five is the click for Megan's suggestion

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Attar Megan wrote: "I think I know the book you are talking about. Is it the Ring of Five by Eoin McNamee? The main character Danny gets sent to a school for spies and he meets a bunch of weird people. There are also ..."
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH, THATS IT!!!!!!! It was driving me absolutely crazy!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan Pluym | 102 comments No problem. Your description was so spot on I thought of it immediately.