Goodreads Malaysia discussion

Arkib (Maraton Membaca 2017) > Misi Membaca 2017 - Aidil Shahidah

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aidil (new)

Aidil (aidilshahidah) | 9 comments Assalamualaikum..hi. 1st time participate dlm Goodreads Malaysia. Selama ni jadi silent observer je. Semoga dapat membaca sekurang-kurangnya 1 buku seminggu. Sasaran 36 buku pada 2017!!

So far dah baca:
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

The Devil's Punchbowl by Greg Iles

Buku-buku seterusnya:

The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters

Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown

Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown

Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown

Memang sengaja tunggu trilogy Red Rising habis baru start baca.

Semoga semua orang berjaya mencapai sasaran masing-masing.

message 2: by Nazmi, Editor Sastera Berita Harian (BH), cerpenis dan novelis (new)

Nazmi Yaakub | 2415 comments Mod
Ok sudah dimasukkan dalam carta liga

message 3: by Aidil (new)

Aidil (aidilshahidah) | 9 comments Penambahan pembacaan saya setakat 23/03/2017.

1. The Passage by Justin Cronin I rated it 5 stars
Its a great star to a trilogy. A good explanation of how the world came to an end and how the survivors survived. The vampires are scary and the world saviour is a little girl who doesnt know that she is the saviour. When the action starts, it is well described, fast paced and exciting. Really well thought out by the author. It really made me want to continue on with the series.

2. The Twelve by Justin Cronin - I rated it 4 stars
The journey to save mankind continues. The goal is for the survivors to eliminate the Twelve. Its interesting but not as entertaining as the first book.

3. City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin - I rated it 4 stars
A good ending to the whole series. I wish it would've packed a bit more punch to it by letting us know more about those who survived and the main characters.

4. Red Rising by Pierce Brown - I rated it 5 stars
A great start to a dystopian series. Its really fast paced with steady characters development. Definitely want to continue.

5. Golden Son by Pierce Brown - I rated it 5 stars
As good as the first book! Well though of adventure and plots. The plot-twist is incredible!

6. Morning Star by Pierce Brown - I rated it 5 stars
The plot-twist and ending is superb!

7. The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen - I rated it 5 stars
A great psychological thriller. I like how the patient and doctor communicates. It seems very original and quite eerie to me. Towards the end I kinda guessed who the culprit was, but the ending was good enough for me.

8. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness - I rated it 5 stars
I cried a lot reading this book. A very heart warming story about a boy and his ill mother. Its a logical feeling for the boy to have and yes, to even think of it is scary and makes you feel like a bad person...so the premise of the book is genuine and really reaches out to everyone.

Mungkin I am too generous in rating books, but its only because I am very selective of the books I read. I almost never go into a book blindly because I don't want to read a book that I wont enjoy. Hardly a risk taker when it comes to books, sebab itu will never participate in 'blind date with a book'....though sekarang tengah cuba untuk venture into more genres. Of course ada ja buku yang tak meet expectation, tapi agak jarang. =)

message 4: by Suzainur (new)

Suzainur | 163 comments Never go into a book blindly? Wow! For me, hope springs eternal in my never ending search for new authors to read. Sometimes I think I read like people eat McDonald: in large quantities and indiscriminately. I hardly remember book titles, but I remember authors and plots.

message 5: by Najibah, Penterjemah yang mencintai kata-kata (new)

Najibah Abu Bakar (najabakar) | 2843 comments Mod
Welcome on board Aidil :)

message 6: by Aidil (new)

Aidil (aidilshahidah) | 9 comments Terima kasih 😄