Start by marking “Morning Star (Red Rising, #3)” as Want to Read:
Morning Star (Red Rising, #3)

Morning Star (Red Rising #3)

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  61,326 Ratings  ·  6,378 Reviews
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • Red Rising thrilled readers and announced the presence of a talented new author. Golden Son changed the game and took the story of Darrow to the next level. Now comes the exhilarating conclusion to the Red Rising Trilogy: Morning Star.

Darrow would have lived in peace, but his enemies brought him war. The Gold overlords demanded his obedience,
Published February 9th 2016 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Morning Star, please sign up.

T.W. Time Darrow is nuanced, complex, troubled, emotionally immature and unstable. He is so far from perfect that at times you really want to hit him. But, he's…moreDarrow is nuanced, complex, troubled, emotionally immature and unstable. He is so far from perfect that at times you really want to hit him. But, he's not even the reason this book is worth reading. The world building is phenomenal. Every nook and cranny is addressed--either in the first or second book. The supporting characters are so well fleshed out that you might just find your favorite among them instead of the protagonist. Definitely worth a read.(less)
Johan
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. MaasEmpire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareGlass Sword by Victoria AveyardHeartless by Marissa Meyer
YA Novels of 2016
1,151 books — 9,256 voters
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. MaasLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Raven King by Maggie StiefvaterGlass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
Can't Wait Books of 2016
1,363 books — 6,884 voters

More lists with this book...

Patrick
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I'm starting a big multi-volume story, one of the big concerns isn't just if the individual books are good. And it's not just whether or not the books work well as a series. (Because a series is different than a multi-volume story.)

No. The big issue with a multi-volume story is how the *whole* thing wraps up. And as anyone who ever watched the Matrix movies knows, the final part of a trilogy can, in effect, go back in time and ruin the previous otherwise enjoyable story.

I'm happy to say th
Navessa
Dec 03, 2013 marked it as to-read
If the zombie apocalypse happens before this book is released I will never forgive you, Pierce.
Kat O'Keeffe
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Epic finale to an epic trilogy! Like with the first two books, I did have some trouble connecting to the writing and the main character, but the fascinating world and thrilling storyline definitely made up for that!

If you want an awesome sci-fi full of plot twists and grittiness and political maneuvering, this is definitely worth checking out!
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
2/28/16: Okay, FOLKS, that's TWO amendments I've made to the spoiler-tagged section, so if you object to the first half of my issue, you now know that the second part is my biggest issue, and there's nothing you can say to change my mind about it, b/c it's one of those BLACK AND WHITE areas, as far as I'm concerned. <------ Read between the lines.

Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I'm a mess. FYI.

Usually, when I'm this torn over a book, I take some time to reflect, to settle my FEELINGS--so many bloody
Dorreh
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Everything is cracked, everything is stained except the fragile moments that hang crystalline in time and make life worth living."

4.5 stars because that was superbly concluded, truly!!!!!

It's one thing to have a good book throughout, but it's another thing entirely to have a marvelous book, then slam the readers in the face with a ridiculously wonderful yet entirely unpredictable ending. I did not see that coming, not at all.

The book was a rather enthralling ending to a action packed and thoro
Petrik
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sci-Fi & Space Opera fans
Buddy reading this book with my favorite Howlers:
Sarah, Celeste, Mary, Tweebie, Jennymort

Short version: If you love Sci-Fi & Space Opera, do yourself a favor and go fucking read this trilogy.

As I predicted since Red Rising, this is another new entry to my favorite series of all time list and definitely one of the best Sci-Fi series I ever read. I read the whole trilogy within 9 days even though I have a full-time job to attend to, I sacrificed my sleeping hours to read during these periods
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
There will be a thousand reviews telling you about this book. I'm just going to ramble as usual. Expect no spoiling here.

We're here to blow shit up." He throws open his arms and cackles. "Any questions?"
Palm Springs commercial photography

I'm horrible about finishing series once I start them. My attention gets taken by another book and I don't have the best memory. That being said, I knew I had to see this one to the finish. Even though it took me a freaking week to read it. This book is a big old chunker. Not that a chunker is a
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, adult, owned

❝We will howl and fight till our last breath, not just in the mines of Mars, but on the shores of Venus, on the dunes of Io’s sulfur seas, in the glacial valleys of Pluto. We will fight in the towers of Ganymede and the ghettos of Luna and the storm-stricken oceans of Europa. And if we fall, others will take our place, because we are the tide. And we are rising.❞

What can I even say? Where do I even begin? When I started the Red Rising trilogy on the eve of Christmas, I never anticipated that
☽Luna☾
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4/5★★★★

Buddy Read with team Howlers; Speedy eye Oppa, Whorefart Aga, Dewi, Minxy & Voldemort

“The Reaper has come. And he’s brought hell with him.”

After thinking on this book for a night I realize I have a lot to say about it, good and bad. Read at your own risk because I'm about to bring the rant, minor spoilers may be included in this review. So I thought Morning Star was a great conclusion to a fantastic series the Epilogue was gorgeous but very short. Let me start with saying I'm goin
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
I have to get this off my chest first. When I got halfway or a little more than halfway (hell I don't know) through the book I wanted to toss it!

and then I wanted to jump into the book with my clones and take them all out!

and then the way things were done and the way someone was ripped apart and then the ending I was like okay fine.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm not going to say what led me to all of these issues. <--- whatever you want to call them. I think I'm getting more picky with my
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
I'm not sure what I'm feeling right now. Overall, this is hands down one of the best trilogies ever. I don't think this final book was as good as the first two, but it is still a very good book and a nice conclusion. It's much more space opera like Golden Son than Lord of the Flies dystopian like Red Rising was. Lots of space battles, politics, and intrigue/betrayal.

I love this world and although I would NEVER want to live in it, there are some truly unforgettable characters. I grieve a little b
J.L.   Sutton
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
The finale to Pierce Brown’s Red Rising Trilogy, Morning Star, packs a punch from action-packed beginning to (surprise) action-packed conclusion! The series was a fun ride! What most impressed me about this final installment was the character development of Darrow and his compatriots. They’ve been through gory hell (war, loss, betrayal (so many betrayals), suffering etc.) and it would be unrealistic if they hadn’t changed. In the new world they’re creating, many have loyalties they can’t shake ( ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
Braveheart in Space is how I’ve heard Pierce Brown refer to this series and that is a good comparison. At some point during this series a favorite character will love, kill, die, betray, change for the better, change for the worse, make horrible decisions, make cold decision, sacrifice themselves or others, inspire, destroy, connive , manipulate or frustrate you to the point you are ready to bloodydamn throw the book across the room.

description

The downtime and boring moments are few and far between and Mor
Lucia
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing

THIS BOOK IS EVERYTHING!

I just finished it couple of minutes ago and I think I'm still in shock from what I read.

Morning Star is poignant story that crushed me, gave me goosebumps and consumed all my waking thoughts ever since I started reading it. Pierce Brown can tell a story in a way that only very few authors can. Morning Star is a masterpiece. Whole series is a masterpiece. And I believe that this is a story that children of our children will be taught about in the future.

Morning Star was
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)

So let him do his worst.
I know how to suffer.
I know the darkness.
This is
not how it ends.

photo ttdw-loki-in-chains-001_zpsetpnwhii.gif

You know those books where, even though you know it will be cemented into your favorites list until the end of time (the whole series, for that matter), words just don’t describe how you feel?? Like, no matter what you say, everything will seem like useless drivel that couldn’t possibly compare to what you felt while reading that novel?? Well…this is one of those books-One of those books where you have i
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)

THIS happened :P I wrote a recap of the signing here.

--------
*bangs head* I had to wait about a week to even start writing this review. I was stunned speechless. That's only because I had no idea what to write about. I'm going to try make sense of what I thought, wish me luck.

Pierce Brown delivered the last book in timely fashion. I hate to say this, but he is not afraid to kill off his characters in the same lines as Rowling and Martin :S There was always this sense of fearful apprehension that
Anne
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So I'm halfway through this thing and I realize...I'm not going to survive it if Sevro dies.
I might be able to handle it if Darrow takes a dirt nap, but if Brown kills off that crazy little Howler, I'll probably set my library book on fire.
What? You didn't think I'd set something I paid for on fire did you?!
Pffft. You obviously don't understand the depths of my frugal...ness? Frugality?
What's a word for cheap that doesn't sound quite as awful? Anyone?

Forget it. The point is, somewhere along the
Kyle
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Great ending to a great series!

It's been a long time since I've read a book that gave me chills. I can't count how often Morning Star raised the hair on the back of my neck! It seemed like every chapter had some shock or great surprise, some moment of 'holy shit!!". Literally, this kept up until the final chapter!.

If you've read the second book you know Darrow was captured and on his way to be dissected. I won't spoil anything for you, just be prepared for the action to start in the first chapt

Geek Furioso
Ha pasado más de un año desde que cometí el descaro de escoger Amanecer Rojo como una víctima más de mis reseñas. A día de hoy ha debido de ser una de las mejores decisiones de mi vida, porque me permitió conocer a ese gran escritor que es Pierce Brown, su inmensa jerarquía solar basada en colores y sus personajes profundamente matizados.

Esta serie es verdadera ciencia ficción para adolescentes y no adolescentes. Es un libro que tanto ellos como los adultos pueden disfrutar. Está plagada de acci
Melanie
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
#1.) Red Rising ★★★
#2.) Golden Son ★★★★

“The Reaper has come. And he’s brought hell with him.”

For those of you unfamiliar with Red Rising, even though I might be the only one left at this point, in this world that takes place in our universe, starring a young man from Mars, everyone is subdivided into color categories based on their skill sets, income, hair color, and what last name they possess (information provided by the Red Rising Wiki page):

HighColors:
Golds - Rulers of society
Sil
Simona Bartolotta
Slowest buddy read ever (by our standards) with my irreplaceable Nina!

Aren't you afraid you're going to break everything and not be able to put it back together?

I am particularly happy to be sharing this review with you, fellow readers, mainly because it means I have very successfully survived the thirty heart attacks Morning Star so kindly gave me, and secondly because this trilogy is now so dear to me, I am almost tempted to discourage you all from ever giving it even half a thought, so as
Jennymort ☆The Dark Lord, House of Slytheread★

OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.

WHY DIDN'T I READ THIS BOOK SOONER!? WHY PIERCE BROWN HAVE YOU KILLED ME ON THE INSIDE!?

description

I don't think I'll ever be able to fucking review this series properly. I have been murdered on the inside by this man. Beautiful he may be, he is the devil.

RTC.... maybe never.
Jamie-Lee
Words cannot describe how fantastic this book and this entire series has been. The characters are wholly alive and original, living and breathing the hopes and dreams of everyone who has had the pleasure of setting eyes on these gorydamn glorious pages.

Darrow's, Mustang's, Sevro's, Roque's, Cassius's and even the Jackal's stories come full circle and it hits harder than a PulseFist jacked up on Victra's snakebite. It was horrific, hilarious, gripping, action-packed, heart-wrenching and BEAUTIFUL
sana  °¤°
I am the Reaper.
I know how to suffer.
I know the darkness.
This is not how it ends.

2.5 Sevro stars.

I was going to originally give this 1.5 stars, but then Sevro came in and spiced things up and made this book much better. My review is pretty much the same ramblings which can be found here andddd here.
P
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
4 Stars

Reading this book is like exposing someone else's life, in this case, it's Darrow's. There're many betrayals, sadnesses, hopes and loves in the book to overwhelm me easily. Morning Star is the third and the last installment of Red Rising series which is thoroughly powerful and emotional. Pierce Brown proved himself in his previous books that he's a good writer and a new shining star of the industry. His writing style is meticulous, he researched very well about spaceships and devices in t
Gavin
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
This was the almost perfect ending to the trilogy that probably ranks as my favourite sci-fi series of all time. Just like the previous books in the series it was the perfect blend of action, drama, romance, and shock happenings. The story was dark and intense, but that was mitigated by the humor and the undercurrent of hope that ran through the series.

Pierce Brown is my sort of author. His writing is highly engaging and has a beautifully melancholic and poetic feel to it. The story itself was
Natalie Monroe
"I think of all my people bound in the darkness. Of all the Colors on all the worlds, shackled and chained so that Gold might rule, and I feel rage burn across the dark hollow he has carved in my soul. I am not alone. I am not his victim.

So let him do his worse. I am the Reaper."

In the acknowledgements, Pierce Brown says he was scared to write Morning Star. He couldn't see beyond Darrow breaking out of jail following the events of Golden Son.

In a way, it shows. Morning Star, I personally think
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
I will say that for me, this is one of the best series I have read within it's genre. This will probably serve as more of a review for the whole series instead of just Morning Star because it's easier that way.

I have a personal opinion about one thing I would've changed, but it's very much subjective & I'll go into more detail about that later.

This series is such a lovely mix of everything I appreciate in my stories. Believable, flawed characters... sweeping political narratives... intense
edge of bubble
I think I'm over the worst part of my post-awesome-series depression, after so many crappy romance and smut, I feel ready to let go =D Reading Luna's review helped me out with my feelies.

Review may contain some minor spoilers, but the spoiler tags are major ones and even if you don't think you'll want to read the books, don't open them. If you change your mind in the future, I don't want to fuck up this wonderful journey for you!

Eo... From the start, you know that her life expectancy is very sh
Dragons & Jetpacks: Morning Star / Overall Discussion / **SPOILERS** 35 70 Jul 12, 2017 06:01PM
Goodreads Choice ...: Morning Star - January 17 18 178 Jun 01, 2017 08:41PM
Goodreads Librari...: Hungarian editions page count 3 13 May 26, 2017 05:25AM
stand alone read? 4 55 Apr 27, 2017 01:44PM
  • Catalyst (Insignia, #3)
  • The Last Mortal Bond (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne, #3)
  • Nemesis Games (The Expanse, #5)
  • Firefight (The Reckoners, #2)
  • The Shadow's Curse (The Knots Sequence, #2)
  • The Wheel of Osheim (The Red Queen's War, #3)
  • UnDivided (Unwind, #4)
  • Endsinger (The Lotus War, #3)
  • The Spider's War (The Dagger and the Coin, #5)
  • City of Blades (The Divine Cities, #2)
  • Broken Crowns (The Internment Chronicles, #3)
  • The Price of Valour (The Shadow Campaigns, #3)
  • Necessary Evil (Milkweed Triptych, #3)
  • Bluescreen (Mirador, #1)
  • The Scarlet Tides (Moontide Quartet, #2)
  • The End of All Things (Old Man's War, #6)
  • The Death of Dulgath (The Riyria Chronicles, #3)
  • Fortune's Pawn (Paradox #1)
Pierce Brown's first novel, RED RISING (Del Rey Books), debuts January 28, 2014. It is the first installment in The Red Rising Trilogy.

Pierce Brown spent his childhood building forts and setting traps for his cousins in the woods of six states and the deserts of two. Graduating college in 2010, he fancied the idea of continuing his studies at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Unfortunate
More about Pierce Brown...

Red Rising (3 books)
  • Red Rising (Red Rising, #1)
  • Golden Son (Red Rising, #2)

“A man thinks he can fly, but he is afraid to jump. A poor friend pushes him from behind.” He looks up at me. “A good friend jumps with.” 145 likes
“Bye, Felicia.” 134 likes