The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > ⚜Foreman Trea's Brush Up on Your Flirting Skills Challenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Jan 29, 2017 03:12AM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4389 comments Mod
⚜Foreman Trea's Brush Up on Your Flirting Skills Challenge

description

February is famous for Valentine's Day, but the third week of the month is known as International Flirting Week. Since I mostly stink at flirting, I thought it would be neat to check out what flirting actually is.

How To’s:
• Pick your Level
• Read one book per task
• Re-reads are allowed
• There are no page limit minimums unless noted
• For an added challenge, all books read must be from the Romance Genre

Levels:
Playful: 3 or less books
Interested: 4-6 books
Amused: 7-9 books
Coquette: 10+ books
Total Flirt: Your choice of any of the previous levels, using the Only Romance Genre Novels restriction

Tasks:
Spell out Flirting
Props: Read a book with an eye-catching cover
Connection: Read a book with a character that looks out from the cover and smiles
Initiate: Read a book where a woman initiates an encounter with another character
Shy: Read a book with a shy character
Body Language: Read a book with either 1 character with open arms on the cover, or a book that has a couple embracing on the cover
Listening: Read a book where the characters have a meaningful or long discussion
Japanese Flirting: Read a book set in Japan, a book that features a Japanese/Japanese-American character, or a book that hides the lips of a person on the cover, showing only their eyes
Hand Fan: Read a book with a hand fan on the cover or a book set in the 16th to 19th centuries
Flirt FM: Read a book set in Ireland or where a character works in radio/music (Musicians count!)
Movie The Flirt: Read a book that was made into a movie or a movie tie-in novel, or where the characters sit and watch a movie
HMS Flirt: Read a book that is set in Britain or where a character is in or was in the Navy (Navy SEAL will count)
Flirtation Peak: Read a book with a mountain on the cover or that is set in Colorado

message 2: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Feb 28, 2017 04:09AM) (new)

⚜Foreman Trea's Brush Up on Your Flirting Skills Challenge
Duration: February 1st to February 28th, 2017
Level: Total Flirt Coquette: 10+ books, all Romance Novels
Read: 10/10

Tasks:
F- Friday I'm in Love by Mari Carr-2/19/17
L- When the Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason-2/25/17
I- Irish Cream Dreams by Graylin Rane-2/8/17
R- Reclaimed by River Savage-2/8/17
T- Tangled by Kate Douglas-2/2/17
I- Identity Crisis by Eliza Daly-2/12/17
N- Nuts by Alice Clayton-2/23/17
G- Good Girls Don't Date Rock Stars by Codi Gary-2/20/17

Connection: Read a book with a character that looks out from the cover and smiles
Initiate: Read a book where a woman initiates an encounter with another character
Body Language: Read a book with either 1 character with open arms on the cover, or a book that has a couple embracing on the cover: Copping a Feel by Lexxie Couper-2/15/17
Listening: Read a book where the characters have a meaningful or long discussion
Japanese Flirting: Read a book set in Japan, a book that features a Japanese/Japanese-American character, or a book that hides the lips of a person on the cover, showing only their eyes
Hand Fan: Read a book with a hand fan on the cover or a book set in the 16th to 19th centuries
Flirt FM: Read a book set in Ireland or where a character works in radio/music (Musicians count!)
Movie The Flirt: Read a book that was made into a movie or a movie tie-in novel, or where the characters sit and watch a movie: Don't Speak by Katy Regnery-2/28/17
HMS Flirt: Read a book that is set in Britain or where a character is in or was in the Navy (Navy SEAL will count)
Flirtation Peak: Read a book with a mountain on the cover or that is set in Colorado

message 3: by Kris Mongo (last edited Feb 27, 2017 10:20AM) (new)

Kris Mongo (krismongo) ⚜Foreman Trea's Brush Up on Your Flirting Skills Challenge
Start: 2/1/17
End: 2/28/17
Amused! 7-9

So far.... 9 Completed Amused!

Tasks:

F- The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge by Frances Hardinge *** 2/23/17
L-Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ***** 2/2/17
I-
R-
T-The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes ***** 2/15/17
I-
N-Girl at War by Sara Nović ***** 2/6/17
G- Little Mercies by Heather Gudenkauf **** 2/17/17

*****Props: Read a book with an eye-catching cover- The Forgetting Time by Sharon Guskin ***** 2/1/17
***** Shy: Read a book with a shy character-The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi ***** 2/1/17 452 pp.
***** Body Language: Read a book that has a couple embracing on the cover-The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes **** 2/26/17
***** Listening: Read a book where the characters have a meaningful or long discussion-This is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel *****! 2/19/17
Movie The Flirt: Read a book that was made into a movie or a movie tie-in novel, or where the characters sit and watch a movie

message 4: by NayNay (last edited Feb 23, 2017 10:47AM) (new)

NayNay ⚜Foreman Trea's Brush Up on Your Flirting Skills Challenge
Duration:
February 1/17 - 28/17

Levels:

F The Night BirdThe Night Bird by Brian Freeman 02/10/17 ****
L The Look of LoveThe Look of Love by Sarah Jio 02/04/17 ****
I If I Can't Have You: Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and the Murder of Her ChildrenIf I Can't Have You by Gregg Olsen and Rebecca Morris 02/09/17 ***
R Nothing To FearNothing to Fear by Karen Rose 02/11/17 ****
T Rock All NightRock All Night by Olivia Thorne 02/14/17 ****
I Body Of LiesBody of Lies by Iris Johansen 02/23/17 ****
N EvermoreEvermore by Alyson Noel 02/12/17 ***
G The Great GatsbyThe Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald 02/20/17 ***

Tasks:

Cartes Postales from Greece by Victoria Hislop Cartes Postales from Greece by Victoria Hislop 02/01/17 ****

One King's Way (On Dublin Street, #6.5) by Samantha Young One King's Way by Samantha Young 02/1/17 ****

Secret Shared (Secret, #2) by L. Marie Adeline Secret Shared by L. Marie Adeline 02/07/17 *****

You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12; Baltimore, #1) by Karen Rose You Belong to Me by Karen Rose 02/19/17 *****

Body Language: Read a book with either 1 character with open arms on the cover, or a book that has a couple embracing on the cover
Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand 02/13/17 ****

Letters to Jackie Condolences from a Grieving Nation by Ellen Fitzpatrick Letters to Jackie by Ellen Fitzpatrick 02/22/17 ***

Cross Currents by John Shors Cross Currents by John Shors 02/02/17 ****

The Shadow of the Pomegranate (Tudor Saga, #3) by Jean Plaidy The Shadow of the Pomegranate by Jean Plaidy 02/03/17 ***

Jewels of the Sun (Gallaghers of Ardmore, #1) by Nora Roberts Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts 02/17/17 ****

Hero by Samantha Young Hero by Samantha Young 02/05/17 ****

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton The House at Riverton by Kate Morton 02/08/17 ***

Big Stone Gap (Big Stone Gap, #1) by Adriana Trigiani Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani 02/16/17 ***

message 5: by Samantha (last edited Feb 09, 2017 07:16PM) (new)

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments I'm aiming for Interested :)
Books completed: 0/4-6

Tasks:
Spell out Flirting
Listening: Read a book where the characters have a meaningful or long discussion The Well of Ascension

message 6: by Jonquil (last edited Feb 25, 2017 02:02PM) (new)

Jonquil | 693 comments ⚜Foreman Trea's Brush Up on Your Flirting Skills Challenge
Feb
no page limit
Interested 4-6

7/6 DONE

Props: eye-catching cover 2/10
Shots in the Dark (Mack's Bar Mystery, #4) by Allyson K. Abbott
Initiate: woman initiates an encounter with another character The Grand Babylon Hotel 2/4
Body Language: couple embracing 2/14
Driven (Northern Waste #1) by Eve Kenin
Listening: meaningful or long discussion Mackenzie's Mountain 2/13
Flirt FM: Ireland Wild Irish Roots 2/9
HMS Flirt: Britain Goodbye, Ms. Chips 2/11
Flirtation Peak: mountain 2/10
The Purr-fect Crime (Willow Bay Witches #1) by Samantha Silver

message 7: by Jenn (last edited Feb 28, 2017 07:15PM) (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 532 comments ⚜Foreman Trea's Brush Up on Your Flirting Skills Challenge
Duration: February 1st to February 28th, 2017
Level: Coquette: 10+ books
Read: 8/10

Tasks
F:
L:
I: If You Were Here by Jennie Yabroff, 2/17
R: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling, 2/21
T: 3 Sides to a Circle by Jolene Perry & Janna Watts, 2/28
I:
N:
G: Secrets of a Reluctant Princess by Casey Griffin, 2/9

Initiate: Read a book where a woman initiates an encounter with another character Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 by Marissa Meyer, 2/1
Shy: Read a book with a shy character The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce, 2/7
Body Language: Read a book with either 1 character with open arms on the cover, or a book that has a couple embracing on the cover Off the Ice by Julie Cross
Listening: Read a book where the characters have a meaningful or long discussion Make Me by Beth Kery, 2/21

Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 (Wires and Nerves, #1) by Marissa Meyer The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry (Harold Fry, #1) by Rachel Joyce Secrets of a Reluctant Princess by Casey Griffin If You Were Here by Jennie Yabroff Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Make Me by Beth Kery Off the Ice (Juniper Falls, #1) by Julie Cross 3 Sides to a Circle by Jolene Perry

message 8: by Brindi Michele (last edited Mar 03, 2017 10:33AM) (new)

Brindi Michele | 156 comments TCF—Foreman Assignments—Brush Up On Flirting Skills
Duration: 2/1/17—2/28/17 No page limits unless noted
Level: Interested: 4-6 books

Spell out:
F
L
I - It's in His Kiss (Lucky Harbor, #10) by Jill Shalvis It's in His Kiss by Jill Shalvis 2/23/17
R
T
I
N
G

He's So Fine (Lucky Harbor, #11) by Jill Shalvis He's So Fine by Jill Shalvis 2/28/17

Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8) by Jill Shalvis Always on My Mind by Jill Shalvis 2/4/17

Body Language: Read a book that has a couple embracing on the cover
Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3) by Jill Shalvis Accidentally on Purpose by Jill Shalvis 2/9/17

March Book One (March, #1) by John Lewis March: Book One by John Lewis 2/7/17

Hand Fan: Read a book with a hand fan on the cover or book set in 16th to 19th centuries

Flirt FM: Read a book where a character works in radio/music
It's in His Kiss (Lucky Harbor, #10) by Jill Shalvis It's in His Kiss by Jill Shalvis 2/23/17

Flirtation Peak: Read a book with a mountain on the cover or set in Colorado

message 9: by NayNay (new)

NayNay Finished my challenge...happy reading

Levels:

L The Look of LoveThe Look of Love by Sarah Jio 02/04/17 ****
I If I Can't Have You: Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and the Murder of Her ChildrenIf I Can't Have You by Gregg Olsen and Rebecca Morris 02/09/17 ***
R Nothing To FearNothing to Fear by Karen Rose 02/11/17 ****
T Rock All NightRock All Night by Olivia Thorne 02/14/17 ****
I Body Of LiesBody of Lies by Iris Johansen 02/23/17 ****
N EvermoreEvermore by Alyson Noel 02/12/17 ***
G The Great GatsbyThe Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald 02/20/17 ***

Tasks:

Cartes Postales from Greece by Victoria Hislop Cartes Postales from Greece by Victoria Hislop 02/01/17 ****

One King's Way (On Dublin Street, #6.5) by Samantha Young One King's Way by Samantha Young 02/1/17 ****

Secret Shared (Secret, #2) by L. Marie Adeline Secret Shared by L. Marie Adeline 02/07/17 *****

You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12; Baltimore, #1) by Karen Rose You Belong to Me by Karen Rose 02/19/17 *****

Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand 02/13/17 ****

Letters to Jackie Condolences from a Grieving Nation by Ellen Fitzpatrick Letters to Jackie by Ellen Fitzpatrick 02/22/17 ***

Cross Currents by John Shors Cross Currents by John Shors 02/02/17 ****

The Shadow of the Pomegranate (Tudor Saga, #3) by Jean Plaidy The Shadow of the Pomegranate by Jean Plaidy 02/03/17 ***

Jewels of the Sun (Gallaghers of Ardmore, #1) by Nora Roberts Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts 02/17/17 ****

Hero by Samantha Young Hero by Samantha Young 02/05/17 ****

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton The House at Riverton by Kate Morton 02/08/17 ***

Big Stone Gap (Big Stone Gap, #1) by Adriana Trigiani Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani 02/16/17 ***

message 10: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

NayNay wrote: "Finished my challenge...happy reading

Levels:

L The Look of LoveThe Look of Love ..."

Congrats, NayNay!