The Book Challenge discussion

a-m > Heather's 2017 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Nov 26, 2017 06:26PM) (new)

Heather A book you chose for the cover: A Man Called Ove
A book with a reputation for being un-put-down-able: The Fault in Our Stars
A book set somewhere you've never been but would like to visit:In a Sunburned Country
A book you've already read: The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun
A juicy memoir: Why Not Me?
A book about books or reading: The Book: A Cover-to-Cover Exploration of the Most Powerful Object of Our Time
A book in a genre you usually avoid: The Martian
A book you don't want to admit you're dying to read: For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards
A book in the backlist of a new favorite author: The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
A book recommended by someone with great taste: Me Before You
A book you were excited to buy or borrow but haven't read yet: The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
A book about a topic or subject you already love: 48 Days to the Work You Love or Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: Lifestyles Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause

A Newbery Award winner or Honor book: The Crossover OR Brown Girl Dreaming
A book in translation: The Story of the Lost Child
A book that's more than 500 pages: The Book Thief
A book of poetry, a play, or an essay collection: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2
A book of any genre that addresses current events: Small Great Things
An immigrant story: I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
A book published before you were born: Mary Poppins
Three books by the same author: Secret Society Girl, Under the Rose, Rites of Spring (Break), Tap & Gown
A book by an #ownvoices or #diversebooks author: More Happy Than Not
A book with an unreliable narrator or ambiguous ending: Life of Pi
A book nominated for an award in 2017:
A Pulitzer Prize of National Book Award winner: The Underground Railroad

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melitious) | 254 comments We have a couple of books in common to read this year. And you have a few that I've already read. We will have to discuss. :-)

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Most definitely!

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather 3 books down so far. I've started "The Book: A Cover-to-Cover Exploration of the Most Powerful Object of Our Time"

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather "The Book" is fascinating, but reads a bit like a text book. I've taken a bit of a break & am reading through the Secret Society Girl series. Such great, easy reads!

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather I'm working on "The Book" and "Root Cause". Both are slower reads. I'm taking notes while reading "Root Cause", so that really slows me down. I need to get moving on it though!

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather I just finished "In a Sunburned Country". Getting started on "The Book" again. Just need to chip away at that one!

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather I read Brown Girl Dreaming instead of The Crossover for the Newbury Award Winner/Honor Book. It was so much better than I thought it would be. I'm not usually a poetry person, but it was so well written & was such an easy read.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather I recently finished "Happiness Project" & "Mary Poppins". I'm working on "For the Love" now.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather Just finished “For the Love”. It wasn’t really what I was expecting it to be. Not bad, just not what I expected.

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather Just finished “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child”. I feel like I need to go see it now!