YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Giggles (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tati (last edited Jan 24, 2017 01:59PM) (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Hello, everyone! This is our chatting thread!

Team Members

Tati ✔
Edita ✔
Jamie ✔
Tayane ✔
Sierra ✔

Please check in as soon as you can!

message 2: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments Checking in!
Hello, everyone!

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments Hi everyone! Wow! We have a strong team this round. I am so excited!! And giggles is just about perfect for my mood right now. Lets hope it lasts through February!

message 4: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Hi Tayane and hi Jamie!!

Do you already have any reads planned?

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84079 comments Mod
Adding Sierra to your team ☺

message 6: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Douglass | 6 comments Hey guys I am new to this group

message 7: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments Hey, Sierra! Welcome :)

message 8: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Douglass | 6 comments Thank you

message 9: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments Tati wrote: "Hi Tayane and hi Jamie!!

Do you already have any reads planned?"

I know I'll be reading We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver and possibly Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn if I don't manage to start and finish it this month (at least I can count the pages read in February if I need to). I also think I'll be reading The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2) by Mary E. Pearson . I'm not sure about the rest.

message 10: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Douglass | 6 comments I am going to try to read as many as possible

message 11: by Jamie (last edited Jan 24, 2017 11:37AM) (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments Welcome to the group Sierra!

message 12: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Douglass | 6 comments Thank you guys!!! You are very nice and I can't wait to get started!!!

message 13: by Jamie (last edited Jan 24, 2017 11:40AM) (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments Tati wrote: "Hi Tayane and hi Jamie!!

Do you already have any reads planned?"

Yes. With a strong start in the month with buddy reads. :)
The Master Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #3) by Charlie N. Holmberg When by Victoria Laurie This Shattered World (Starbound, #2) by Amie Kaufman A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer World of Ash (Ash and Ruin #1) by Shauna Granger The Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young Finding It (Losing It, #3) by Cora Carmack
Although a couple of these a pending getting a copy from the library in time.

message 14: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments What about you Tati and also Sierra? Any books planned for February already?

message 15: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Douglass | 6 comments I am planning on reading P.S I Like you by Kasie West to start out

message 16: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Hi Sierra! Welcome! As soon as I get home, I'll add you to the first post! I'll also post what I'm planning on reading!

message 17: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Douglass | 6 comments Okay sounda good

message 18: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Guys just saw this!! Sorry for being lateee!! Yaya Tati we are again togetheeer*happy dance* nice to meet you everyone!!

message 19: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Yay! We're all here already!!

And Edit~A yep, it's us again! I won't let you beat me this month though LOL

My planned buddy reads so far are:

A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab The Room Mate (Roommates, #1) by Kendall Ryan

message 20: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Aaaand, I own these books, if anyone would like to read them with me:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 21: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments You want since I spent most of my time at my workplace now :(

message 22: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments Just a couple more days! I am super excited. Especially since I took January off from challenges I am eager to get into this one. My first book is ready to go! Just 2 more days.... :)

message 23: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Two days to go!!

message 24: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Yaaaay.. not lol
I am not ready yet

message 25: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments What do you mean, you're not ready??

message 26: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments It's ON!!!

message 27: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments I've finished Cujo by Stephen King . I started it in January, but I've read around 200 and something pages today, so we can at least get 2 points for it. I'll be posting the review soon.

message 28: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments Are they allowing points on books started before the 1st?

message 29: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments Jamie wrote: "Are they allowing points on books started before the 1st?"

Yes, we count the pages read in the current month.

message 30: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Just finished a 500 pages book today! Will try to write and post the review today

message 31: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments Tayane wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Are they allowing points on books started before the 1st?"

Yes, we count the pages read in the current month."

Sweet! Good to know.

message 32: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments Tati wrote: "Just finished a 500 pages book today! Will try to write and post the review today"

Wow! Great start!

message 33: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments I am 1/2 way through my first book and a bit into my second book. Should have 1 up by this weekend at least.

message 34: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments Just posted my first book. :) And by doing so finished a trilogy. Really enjoyed the Paper Magician series.

message 35: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments Just got my 2nd book posted for us. Will be starting a new book later today. How is everyone else doing?

message 36: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I have two reviews to write and post!

message 37: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments I have two reviews to write, reading my third book now

message 38: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Hey! Where's everyone? We're very quiet in here

message 39: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Reading is a bit slow right now. My hubbys b-day is tomorrow so more focused on that. But should be back on it this Friday. Jostling 3 books right now.

message 40: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments I'm almost done with Gone Girl. I was a little bit slow this beginning of month, but I think I'm getting back to my reading pace. When I finish Gone Girl I'll probably look at the buddy reads thread to join one of them.

message 41: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Hi girls, I am here, I am just quite busy to write reviews every day, so I wanted to let you know that I am piling then up to post on weekends :)

message 42: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments I will submit my reviews tomorrow, hoping to get one done today as well

message 43: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments I'm buddy reading Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum and it'll give us 8 points. Hope I can finish it until tomorrow.

message 44: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11097 comments I am struggling a bit right now. Work nearly doubled my hours for this week and OT next week as well. So busy with that. Still reading when I can. The joys of someone quitting without notice...
Luckily BR I am working on is a long book so lots of points once it is done.