Play Book Tag discussion

Dark Matter
This topic is about Dark Matter
Archives 2016-2017 > Dark Matter (Blake Crouch) - ★★★★1/2

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Flo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Flo (matthewmurdock) | 145 comments 4.5 stars!

This was definitely a huge mindfuck of a book. Like...sheesh, I don't even know what to say about it to do it justice, tbh. I went from page 70 to the end of the book tonight because I couldn't put it down after I got into it. The idea is pretty normal - (view spoiler) - but the way it was done and the twist once (view spoiler)? That was unexpected and thoroughly original, and I really liked how that was done. This book was basically pure adrenaline, and it felt like running a race and finally getting to the end.

The science in the book was a bit mumbo jumbo, but then again, I've never been good at physics or theoretical science haha. But that wasn't really a big deal in the end, so it didn't even matter that the science didn't really make sense and that it was just a bunch of big words. 10/10 would definitely recommend to anyone who likes thrillers or sci-fi (even though this book is technically under sci-fi, I'd argue that it would really work in the thrillers category as well).

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I read this over Thanksgiving weekend......actually in one day. I left it at our cabin...we went up last weekend and my husband read it, also in one day! While the science was interesting, the thriller kept me turning pages long into the night.

message 3: by Flo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Flo (matthewmurdock) | 145 comments The thriller aspect of this book was definitely its defining factor, moreso than the sci-fi, imo!

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 8503 comments I liked the love Trumps science part...

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1300 comments I really liked this one too. It couldn't stop thinking about it in between reads or once I had finished it. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments I recently started this. Looking forward to becoming immersed.