David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

BOTM Recommendations > February 2017 Book of the Month Nominations

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen’s Library (last edited Jan 22, 2017 08:16AM) (new)

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
What do you think would be interesting and fun for the group to read in February? I'll take the first 6 nominations and put them in a poll.

Nominations are limited to one per person.

Check out our bookshelf of books that we've already read!

Nominations should be for first books in the series (unless we've read the first book already) or stand alone books.

Post your book nomination below! :)

RoseBlood by A.G. Howard
Heartstone by Elle Katharine White
Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman
The Delphi Effect by Rysa Walker
Ren The Man Behind the Monster (Book #1) by Sarah Noffke
Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1) by Derek Landy
Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1) by Veronica Roth

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bruno | 771 comments I nominate Roseblood by A.G. Howard since I just received it in the mail from OwlCrate.

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna (bookdragongirl) I'll nominate Heartstone by Elle Katharine White

message 4: by Harlee (new)

Harlee | 1583 comments I nominate Scythe by Neal Shusterman. So many people in this group (myself included) loved the Unwind series, I'm wondering if this book will be good!

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) I nominate The Delphi Effect.

Ms. Just One More Book  (Kris Miller) (msjustonemorebook) | 37 comments I nominate Ren The Man Behind the Monster (Book #1) by Sarah Noffke by Sarah Noffke. This one has quite the snarky MC.

Yay, bunches of good books!!!

I would have nominated Scythe or The Delphi Effect! Glad to see both on the list!

One more!! :-D

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Rose (LittleBookOwl) (roselittlebookowl) | 1367 comments I will nominate Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth!

Yay!!! Poll will be up shortly!!!

Ms. Just One More Book  (Kris Miller) (msjustonemorebook) | 37 comments Am I allowed to make a weird suggestion for next month? I have kindle unlimited and am on a tight budget due to disability. Would it be okay to just nominate things next month that are just K/U or is that not possible? If it's not okay with everyone I completely understand.

Ms. Just One More Book wrote: "Am I allowed to make a weird suggestion for next month? I have kindle unlimited and am on a tight budget due to disability. Would it be okay to just nominate things next month that are just K/U or ..."

I think this is a great idea! Jenny suggested we have two BotM's, one for the mainstream and one for Indie or KU books. Let's do it for March!

Thanks for the suggestion!! :-D

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen wrote: "Ms. Just One More Book wrote: "Am I allowed to make a weird suggestion for next month? I have kindle unlimited and am on a tight budget due to disability. Would it be okay to just nominate things n..."

two, books of the month. great idea :d

message 15: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Thanks guys, and you're welcome :) I think it will be fun!

Ms. Just One More Book  (Kris Miller) (msjustonemorebook) | 37 comments Karen wrote: "Ms. Just One More Book wrote: "Am I allowed to make a weird suggestion for next month? I have kindle unlimited and am on a tight budget due to disability. Would it be okay to just nominate things n..."

Thanks so much Karen!

message 17: by Donna (new)

Donna (bookdragongirl) Yay!! I think this is an awesome idea!! :)