Shut Up & Read discussion

Archived Pick It For Me > February Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Leigh | 15897 comments Mod
What's a TBR Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

Like the name implies, those who participate in this monthly challenge will have a book selected for them by a partner. Partners will be randomly paired up. You will choose a book for your partner from their to read list (TBR), and they will choose one for you from your TBR list.

Once you have picked the book, come back to this thread and post what book you have chose for your partner. Also send a message to the person with the name of the book you have selected for them. Then when you're done with your book, come back to this thread and post your opinion so we know you have completed the challenge.

For this challenge, you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable) or make the person you're paired with your friend. I strongly advise keeping your bookshelves updated, otherwise you might end up with a recommendation for something that you've already read.

Sign up period will remain open until January 30 and you'll have until February 2 when someone decides not to participate.

message 4: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Sorry I am late posting this one.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1381 comments No worries Leigh, you have a life. Nothing to apologize for.

message 6: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "No worries Leigh, you have a life. Nothing to apologize for. "

Thanks. The Fu has been kicking my butt. My family has been visited by the Flu bug.

message 7: by JanEyre9 (new)

JanEyre9 I'm in!

message 8: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 20, 2017 12:09PM) (new)

Elizabeth | 297 comments i'm in! Here's my list :)

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 9: by Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (last edited Jan 20, 2017 12:48PM) (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1381 comments I guess I forgot to sign up.
Thank you so very much, for running this challenge.
Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 10: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

I have added everyone.

message 11: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Jan 23, 2017 04:59AM) (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "I guess I forgot to sign up.
Thank you so very much, for running this challenge.
Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list......"

Thanks Tammy! I am happy you enjoy it.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 82 comments Hey,

Ya'll know that I'm in! Please sign me up ☺ My PIFM shelf is here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Thank you!

message 13: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Sarah wrote: "Hey,

Ya'll know that I'm in! Please sign me up ☺ My PIFM shelf is here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Thank you!"

I have added you.

message 14: by JanEyre9 (new)

JanEyre9 Hope I don't mess this up but I need to bow out of doing this for this month. Sorry!!

message 15: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. I am in please pick from this shelf. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 16: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

JanEyre9 wrote: "Hope I don't mess this up but I need to bow out of doing this for this month. Sorry!!"

No problem. I hope everything is alright.

message 17: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Aղցela W. wrote: "I am in please pick from this shelf. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...✓"

I have added you.

message 18: by Elsa (last edited Jan 26, 2017 07:38AM) (new)

message 19: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Elsa wrote: "I'm in. Sign me up
Thanks"

I have added you.

message 20: by enqi ♡ (new)

enqi ♡ (feyrhys) Hi! I'm in :) Please pick from my kindle-tbr shelf :)

message 21: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Enqi ✧ wrote: "Hi! I'm in :) Please pick from my kindle-tbr shelf :)"

I have added you.

message 22: by Suzy (new)

Suzy | 83 comments I'm in!

message 23: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Suzanne wrote: "I'm in!"

I have added you.

message 24: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Sign me up.

message 25: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Carrie wrote: "Sign me up."

I have added you.

message 26: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Pairs are up

message 27: by Carrie (last edited Jan 30, 2017 07:52AM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Hello Elsa, here are a few for you to pick from.

A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

All books I've selected I have read and loved either giving them 4 or 5 stars.

message 28: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 414 comments Carrie, thanks for the choices. Have a question for you, the link you provide is for all your books, is there a particular shelf you would like me to pick for choices from?

message 29: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 297 comments Angela, for you I have chosen Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1) by R.L. Mathewson

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1381 comments For Sarah I pick Graveminder (Graveminder, #1) by Melissa Marr , Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor or Sins & Secrets (Sins, #1) by Jessica Sorensen . I hope you enjoy..

message 31: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Elsa wrote: "Carrie, thanks for the choices. Have a question for you, the link you provide is for all your books, is there a particular shelf you would like me to pick for choices from?"

Nope :) Just hoping to make dent in my tbr

message 32: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 414 comments Carrie wrote: "Elsa wrote: "Carrie, thanks for the choices. Have a question for you, the link you provide is for all your books, is there a particular shelf you would like me to pick for choices from?"

Nope :) J..."

Ok
Give me a minute and I will take a look
Your lists are a little intimidating
Lol

message 33: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 414 comments Ok Carrie

These are you choices

Significance (Significance, #1) by Shelly Crane , Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) by Colleen Hoover , The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan , Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick , Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) by C.J. Roberts

I've also read all those that I've selected for you and I really enjoyed them, hope you do as well.

message 34: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Thank you Elsa :)

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 82 comments Hey Tammy,

Thank you for the picks! For your PIFM reads, I've chosen Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge ... I hope you enjoy! ☺

message 36: by Suzy (new)

Suzy | 83 comments Leigh, I'm going to make a new and updated pick it for me bookshelf tomorrow so if you could hold off picking for me until I've updated it! I'll let you know

message 37: by Suzy (new)

Suzy | 83 comments I'll let you know once I've done it.*

message 38: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. Elizabeth wrote: "Angela, for you I have chosen Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1) by R.L. Mathewson"

Thanks for the pick Elizabeth my pick for you is Fixed on You (Fixed, #1) by Laurelin Paige

message 39: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Suzanne,

Here are your choices Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #1) by Elizabeth Reyes . I hope you like one of these choices. Happy Reading!

message 40: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 414 comments Carrie,

finished my first selection:
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson finished 2/2 - 3 stars

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1381 comments Sarah wrote: "Hey Tammy,

Thank you for the picks! For your PIFM reads, I've chosen Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge... I hope you enjoy! ☺"

I enjoyed Cruel Beauty thank you for the choosing an amazing read.

message 42: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Hey Tammy,

Thank you for the picks! For your PIFM reads, I've chosen Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge... I hope you enjoy! ☺"

I enjoyed Cruel ..."

I did,too. The next book in the series is good, too.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1381 comments Oh I will have to read that one soon.

message 44: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "Oh I will have to read that one soon."

I hope you enjoy it.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1381 comments Thank you.

message 46: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Elsa I finished Significance (Significance, #1) by Shelly Crane today, I gave it 2 stars. It was just okay to me.

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 82 comments Tammy,

I really enjoyed reading all 3 picks! Sucks that there isn't a sequel to "Sins & Secrets ". I thought Taylor's "Daughter of Smoke & Bone" was good- it reminded me a lot of Clare's "City of Bones". Although well written, I was disappointed in the "Graveminder"; Mostly because, to me, there wasn't enough depth to the characters. Thank you!

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1381 comments Sarah wrote: "Tammy,

I really enjoyed reading all 3 picks! Sucks that there isn't a sequel to "Sins & Secrets ". I thought Taylor's "Daughter of Smoke & Bone" was good- it reminded me a lot of Clare's "City of ..."

I glad you enjoyed them!

message 49: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 414 comments Carrie just wanted to give you a little update. I was able to read a total of three out of the five you picked for me (not bad if I do say so myself) Speak which I mentioned in an earlier post and the two following.

A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray and loved it, I can't wait till I read the second one.

and I was also able to read

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Not as great as a thousand pieces of you but you can't really compare the two. Although they are both YA they are under totally different sub-categories, I really enjoyed both.

Thanks Again

message 50: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the books :)