YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Perfect (Flawed, #2)
This topic is about Perfect
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Perfect (Flawed #2) by Cecelia Ahern - Restarting May 7th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Celestine North lives in a society that demands perfection. After she was branded Flawed by a morality court, Celestine's life has completely fractured--all her freedoms gone.

Since Judge Crevan has declared her the number one threat to the public, she has been a ghost, on the run with Carrick--the only person she can trust.

But Celestine has a secret--one that could bring the entire Flawed system crumbling to the ground. A secret that has already caused countless people to go missing.

Judge Crevan is gaining the upper hand, and time is running out for Celestine. With tensions building, Celestine must make a choice: save just herself or to risk her life to save all Flawed people.

And, most important of all, can she prove that to be human in itself is to be Flawed?

message 2: by Maxximum (last edited Jan 19, 2017 10:17AM) (new) - added it

Maxximum Reads (maxximumreads) | 8 comments I cannot wait for this one! I loved Flawed and was super mad when it left me hanging! ---- I thought it wasn't going to be available till April though?

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments YAYAYAYAY so excited for this, TJ! (and super glad I was approved for an ARC!)

message 4: by T.J. (last edited Jan 24, 2017 01:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "YAYAYAYAY so excited for this, TJ! (and super glad I was approved for an ARC!)"

Me too. I absolutely LOVED Flawed. I wrote so much during the buddy read -- it inspired me to think, contemplate. I would have given it 5 points if it hadn't been for the abrupt ending, leaving too many unanswered questions. I promised Cecilia I'd reconsider my rating if she answers my questions in the next installments. :D

My Flawed Review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Katherine wrote: "I cannot wait for this one! I loved Flawed and was super mad when it left me hanging! ---- I thought it wasn't going to be available till April though?"

I know! I felt the same way, Katherine!

The expected publication is April 4th 2017 by Feiwel & Friends. Elizabeth and I have received advanced review copies.

You can request an advanced copy from Netgalley:
https://s2.netgalley.com/catalog/book...

Hope you can join us, Katherine!

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments I just requested a copy! I hope I get it, I SPED through Flawed and I'm hungry for more!

message 7: by T.J. (last edited Feb 18, 2017 05:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments I've had to put this off a few days so I can finish A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess , Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1) by Jen Calonita , and Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel -- all very good books! Has anyone started Perfect yet?

(I want to devote the time and attention to this book that it deserves). :D

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "I've had to put this off a few days so I can finish A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess, Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1) by Jen Calonita, and Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel -- all very good books! H..."

I haven't started yet either--other books somehow keep cropping up out of nowhere and getting put ahead of this in priority! I'll be picking it up soonish though!

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I haven't started yet either--other books somehow keep cropping up out of nowhere and getting put ahead of this in priority! I'll be picking it up soonish though!"

Oh, good! It's not coming out until April 4th, so we have some time. ;) It is next on my list, though. I'm really looking forward to this -- it's been getting such great reviews.

I see you're reading Ensnared by Rita Stradling on the 22nd. Do you want to start this after? I'd like to read Ensnared too, but I don't want to overcommit (and that's not coming out until December). Just tell me when you want to start Perfect (Flawed, #2) by Cecelia Ahern and I'll drop everything and join you. I don't want to get behind in this one -- As with Flawed (Flawed, #1) by Cecelia Ahern , I'm sure there is a lot of food for thought.

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I haven't started yet either--other books somehow keep cropping up out of nowhere and getting put ahead of this in priority! I'll be picking it up soonish though!"

Oh, good! It's..."

We can start after, ooooor before, or during. I don't have another review due until next week, so while I should be starting that book soon too, I've a bit of free time (which is soooo nice! I work 6 days a week now, 40+ hours, so between work and book review requests....free time? is something I'm totally unfamiliar with these days. LOL)

Really though, just let me know when YOU'RE good to start lol.

message 11: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Lol! Free time? What is this concept you speak of?

Good news! I finished the 3 books I was reading and can start this one at your convenience.

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Lol! Free time? What is this concept you speak of?

Good news! I finished the 3 books I was reading and can start this one at your convenience."

OH YAY! Okay, so I'm currently reading a book that's due for review next week, but I can fit this one in next and start tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Does that work for you?

message 13: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Perfect!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Perfect!"

Hi, TJ! I started this read this morning--will be adding some notes here soon!

message 15: by T.J. (last edited Mar 02, 2017 04:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Super, Elizabeth! I started today as well and I'm looking forward to discussing.

Chapter 11 (10%)
(view spoiler)

message 16: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 14 (13%)
(view spoiler)

message 17: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 16 (17%)
Uh oh.
(view spoiler)

message 18: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 17 (19%)
(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Super, Elizabeth! I started today as well and I'm looking forward to discussing.

Chapter 11 (10%)

I'm really glad we're finally getting to know Celestine's grandfather. He impressed me in the fir..."

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Chapter 14 (13%)

I wonder who the mysterious owner of the CCU and CDU plants is. The V in the company's name Vigor is designed as a mathematical square root sign. Celestine has seen it before, but..."

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Chapter 16 (17%)
Uh oh.

I wonder what really happened to Lizzie. I'm tending to believe Leonard -- that he really loves Lizzie and doesn't cared if she's a Flawed -- so why did Mona say the compl..."

(view spoiler)

message 22: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Chapter 11 (10%) [spoilers removed]"
(view spoiler)

message 23: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 19 (23%)
I remember!
(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Chapter 19 (23%)
I remember!

The video of her branding is in the snow globe in her room at home! We speculated during the buddy read of Flawed that the video must be in the snow globe. Why else wo..."

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 48%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 48%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 50%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 69%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 77%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 86%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments (view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 100%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Annnnd review can be found here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 36: by T.J. (last edited Mar 05, 2017 02:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "48% [spoilers removed]"
(view spoiler)

message 37: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "50% [spoilers removed]"
(view spoiler)

message 38: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 44 (54%)
Really, really exciting!
(view spoiler)

message 39: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 54 (67%)
(view spoiler)

message 40: by T.J. (last edited Mar 06, 2017 11:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "69% [spoilers removed]."

(view spoiler)

message 41: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "77% [spoilers removed]"
(view spoiler)
I love love love Ahern's writing style! So suspenseful.

message 42: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "86%"
(view spoiler)

message 43: by T.J. (last edited Mar 06, 2017 11:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

Chapter 79 (95%) -- End (100%)
(view spoiler)

message 44: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "100% [spoilers removed]"
(view spoiler)

message 45: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "ALSO, can we just TALK ABOUT the choices the cover designer made for this series?! I mean seriously...these covers? Say SO MUCH about the story without really saying anything until you've read the books...."
(view spoiler)

message 46: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Finished

Perfect was a fantastic read! Everything I hope for in a book and more! Suspense, mystery, unexpected twists and turns, thought-provoking content, intelligent (and at time witty) dialogue, interesting/intriguing characters who experience character growth, and a splash of romance!

I wish I hadn't had to wait a year to read this second book -- the two books would have flowed so seamlessly together. It seems more like one complete book that a duology, and the first book didn't really have an ending. I wondered if the two parts were actually written as one and then separated for marketing purposes.

I should also mention the brilliant writing style. (view spoiler)

message 47: by T.J. (last edited Mar 07, 2017 12:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Additional Thoughts
(view spoiler)

message 48: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Here is my review of Perfect:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 49: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 7th of May 2018

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Katrina | 4382 comments Starting now!

« previous 1