What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > thrillers on submarines/ships

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana | 36 comments looking for an interesting Thriller where the action takes place on submarines or ships

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 153 comments If you like zombie stories, Xombies has a lot of fighting and drama going on on a Navy submarine.

message 3: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Das Boot is set on a submarine and is one of the best thrillers I've read. It was made into a movie a few years ago.

message 4: by John (new)

John | 17 comments This is a classic. Ice Station Zebra by Alistair MacLean

message 5: by John (new)

John | 17 comments This one also. The Hunt for Red October (Jack Ryan Universe, #4) by Tom Clancy

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 7: by GracieKat (new)

GracieKat | 126 comments The Night Boat is very good.
And I know this isn't a book but the movie Below is a great ghost story set on a sub.

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5198 comments Well...this has dense parts...but it is a thriller, and it's the first book about submarines...20000 Leagues Under the Sea.
Forgive me.

message 9: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana | 36 comments thank you very much!!! go read

message 10: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments You might like Dark Life and Rip Tide by Kat Falls.

message 11: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5198 comments Tatiana wrote: "thank you very much!!! go read"

What do you mean?

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jan 22, 2017 03:07PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
HMS UlyssesSouth by Java Head

Actually, just check out Alistair MacLean he writes a really good story, and I think that in addition to the 2 I linked and the one linked by John (message #4) I think that he has at least 1 or 2 more that might fit your trope.

And of course, there are the books by Clive Cussler most of which are set on ships of one description or another.

message 13: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments When I read The Winds of War and its sequel:

War and Remembrance

I recall the youngest son's adventures while serving on a submarine being extremely exciting to read. Of course this wasn't the main theme of the book but the submarine segments certainly had my heart pounding.

message 15: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
The Cruise of a Deathtime (cozy mystery)