The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Author's Corner > Readers who want to read/review books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 142 (142 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (last edited Oct 25, 2016 05:49AM) (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8962 comments Mod
Let's just have ONE topic thread about wanting to read/review books, please -- this is getting a little out of hand. If you are interested in reading books for review, please post here. Authors will definitely find you. Thanks.

message 2: by Rishit (new)

Rishit | 16 comments I love to review any book of any genre(except Political, Erotica and Women's fiction) for a physical copy.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess McDonald (jessbymyshelf) | 26 comments I am willing to write a review for an author in either a dark psychological thriller/suspense or extreme erotica for a physical copy, if they were one in the same, that would be amazing!

Jess

message 4: by Brenda (last edited Nov 07, 2016 03:14PM) (new)

Brenda (genuinewordz) I'm new to the group but I would love to read and review books... I like lots of different genres of books.
Just so you know, I don't have a kindle or any other kind of ereader (except my iPad). It would be easiest to have a hard copy.

message 5: by Derek (new)

Derek | 6 comments Brenda wrote: "I'm new to the group but I would love to read and review books... I like lots of different genres of books.
Just so you know, I don't have a kindle or any other kind of ereader (except my iPad). I..."

Hi Brenda, you can download free Kindle Reader software to your iPad.

message 6: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (genuinewordz) Derek wrote: "Brenda wrote: "I'm new to the group but I would love to read and review books... I like lots of different genres of books.
Just so you know, I don't have a kindle or any other kind of ereader (exc..."

Thanks! I discovered that just a couple of days a go and have done that now. So I'm good for both forms of books now :)

message 7: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene Almond | 13 comments Hi everyone,

If people are still interested in reviewing, I can offer free E-book versions of my novel - Initiated to Kill, a historical/21st century psychological thriller. Details about my novel can be found here -https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

For readers that are interested in reviewing Initiated to Kill, you can email me on sharlenealmond@gmail.com

Thanks

Sharlene

message 8: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene Almond | 13 comments Jess wrote: "I am willing to write a review for an author in either a dark psychological thriller/suspense or extreme erotica for a physical copy, if they were one in the same, that would be amazing!

Jess"

Hi Jess,

My novel does fit that description, unfortunately, I can only offer an E-book. Let me know if you would still be interested.

Thanks

Sharlene

message 9: by Catherine (last edited Nov 15, 2016 09:20AM) (new)

Catherine | 12 comments I am seeking reviews for my amateur sleuth murder mystery, Stone Cold Blooded: A Rock Shop Mystery. I can offer an e-pub version or a paperback - free!

Here's a little about the story:
When rock shop owner Morgan Iverson’s reclusive neighbor is blown to bits, she doesn’t believe his violent demise was accidental. Her hunt for clues collides with an invasion of alien hunters, and the heated campaign for a small town city council seat.
In book three of the Rock Shop Mystery series, a Triceratops brow horn may hold the key to solving a prospector’s Stone Cold Blooded death.

Contact me at catdiltsauthor@gmail.com if interested.

message 10: by Bia (last edited Nov 20, 2016 10:51AM) (new)

Bia (biibii97) Hey everyone! I would love to read and review books. My favorite genres are thriller, mystery, horror, fantasy and contemporary. But I am a pretty open minded person and often times I read books out of my comfort zone, as long as the synopsis intrigues me. You can contact me on here or at booksnreviewsohmy@hotmail.com

message 11: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 12 comments Beatriz, you can contact me at catdiltsauthor@gmail.com if you are interested in reviewing Stone Cold Blooded.
Here's a little about the story:
When rock shop owner Morgan Iverson’s reclusive neighbor is blown to bits, she doesn’t believe his violent demise was accidental. Her hunt for clues collides with an invasion of alien hunters, and the heated campaign for a small town city council seat.
In book three of the Rock Shop Mystery series, a Triceratops brow horn may hold the key to solving a prospector’s Stone Cold Blooded death.

Beatriz wrote: "Hey everyone! I would love to read and review books. My favorite genres are thriller, mystery, horror, fantasy and contemporary. But I am a pretty open minded person and often times I read books ou..."

message 12: by James (last edited Nov 21, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

James Cozad | 2 comments Beatriz wrote: "Hey everyone! ..."
I just (self) published Stormfront. If you find the blurb interesting, I would be glad to send you a free copy (ePub or mobi) in exchange for a review. Contact me at: JTCozad at gmail.com

Regards,
James

message 13: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Friedland | 1 comments Hi there,

I am new to the group and must say I am very excited!

I am an avid reader of psychological thrillers/suspense/crime novels and would love to read and review books.I have read all kinds of genres, but have found my niche right here. However, I do also love a good historical romance every now and then in the Johanna Lindsay line...

I am running out of books to read and have been desperately looking for recommendations of authors in this genre.

You can contact me here or via email: belinda.friedland@gmail.comI Am Death

message 14: by Robin (new)

Robin Lamont | 15 comments Hi Readers!

I am a suspense author working on a series that features an animal protection investigator. I'd be happy to send an e-book (kindle) or pdf in return for a review. The first two books are The Chain and The Trap.

Here's a link to my website. http://www.thekinshipseries.com/

Best way to reach me is by email: Kinship222@gmail.com

Thanks and have a great holiday! Best, Robin Lamont

message 15: by Mick (new)

Mick Bose (mickbose) | 1 comments Belinda wrote: "Hi there,

I am new to the group and must say I am very excited!

I am an avid reader of psychological thrillers/suspense/crime novels and would love to read and review books.I have read all kinds..."

Hi Belinda, would you like to read a thriller set in World War 1, in New York. It`s about a manhunt and has some romance in it as well. Let me know, thank you, Mick. http://www.mickbose.com

message 16: by Beth (new)

Beth Green (thegreenauthor) | 11 comments Samantha wrote: "I would be willing to read books and review them for authors. I do not read romance or sci-fi/dystopia but otherwise I'm open to all."

A Rose For Jonathan
Quiver

Hey Samantha,

I would love to send you an ebook copy of one of my books. A Rose For Jonathan has won several awards and the sequel, Quiver, was just released. I would appreciate a review for either or both. These books are about spiritual warfare surrounding different people as they face decisions and problems. Let me know if you are interested.

Have a great day!

Beth Green

message 17: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Lanham | 3 comments Hi Good Readers!

My name is J.M. Lanham, author of the sci-fi thriller The R.E.M. Effect. If you're interested in reviewing my pharmaceutical/sci-fi thriller, then I'm interested in shooting over a free Kindle copy :-)

Here’s a quick synopsis:

It’s 2021 and Paul Freeman just landed a job with Asteria Pharmaceuticals, a world leader in revolutionary drug development. Paul knows the company’s future is riding on the success of their latest product – a sleeping pill designed to interact with the human genome to deliver the perfect eight-hour sleep cycle.

Just a few blocks from Asteria’s Atlanta headquarters, troubled self-help guru Donny Ford is selling a different kind of drug, empowering followers to take control of their lives using a sacred meditation technique skeptics believe may have already taken his mind to a dangerous place.

3,000 miles away, war-hardened journalist Claire Connor sits captive in a top-secret facility hidden deep in the Costa Rican jungle, guilty of two offenses: seeking help for a sleep disorder, and asking too many questions.

When these worlds collide, the three will discover just how far some companies are willing to go to protect the bottom line.

If you’re into Michael Crichton-esque thrillers, then The R.E.M. Effect will be right up your alley.

The title is available for free with Kindle Unlimited (or $2.99 to download), but I would be more than happy to gift you the Kindle version for free in exchange for an honest review.

Thanks for your time today. Wishing the Goodreads community an excellent 2017!

— J.M. Lanham
authorjmlanham@gmail.com
Twitter: @AuthorJMLanham
www.jmlanham.com

P.S. If you've got a second, take a moment to check out my website. There are some fun posts there that will shed a little more light on the theme and content of the book. Thanks again!

message 18: by Storm (new)

Storm Chase I'm free to review one book between now and January 10th.

I like all kinds of crime novels but it must be complete and selfstanding. No series and no cliffhangers.

II have a kindle app and can also use Smashwords. I review on Amazon, Goodreads, B&N and on my blog. Message me with a link if interested.

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim Collins (jim53) I review books regularly for LibraryThing and post my most enthusiastic reviews on Amazon. I just joined Goodreads tody and will post reviews here too. I've just installed a Kindle app but prefer paper when available because I use a computer at work. Current favorites include Ellen Crosby, Julia Spencer-Fleming, Louise Penny, Dennis Lehane, and John Hart, but I'm interested in most sorts of crime fiction.

message 20: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (kendrareadsbooks) | 1 comments I would love to be included. Having 2 back surgeries I have a lot of time and read about 2 books per week. I prefer print.

message 21: by Beth (new)

Beth Green (thegreenauthor) | 11 comments Samantha wrote: "I would be willing to read books and review them for authors. I do not read romance or sci-fi/dystopia but otherwise I'm open to all."

Hey Samantha,

I have a two book series I can gift you to review, if you can read the ebook version?

These won several awards. Let me know if you want to read them!

A Rose For Jonathan
Quiver

message 22: by Beth (new)

Beth Green (thegreenauthor) | 11 comments Beatriz wrote: "Hey everyone! I would love to read and review books. My favorite genres are thriller, mystery, horror, fantasy and contemporary. But I am a pretty open minded person and often times I read books ou..."

Hey Beatriz,

I would be honored if you would look at my Angels and Demons Series (multiple award winners) below. I can offer ebook versions, if that works for you?

A Rose For Jonathan
Quiver

message 23: by Katie (last edited Jan 20, 2017 06:40PM) (new)

Katie | 3 comments Hi I'm new here and definitely willing to read and provide an honest review for a e-book version (I have Kindle app]. I read a lot of different genres, but really love a good mystery, thriller or detective series, and also like historical fiction and non-fiction set in medieval periods. I don't read zombie type books, but I have found some dystopian novels quite interesting.

message 24: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Seery (mseery) Hello Katie,

I would greatly appreciate another honest review of my novel, The Record Prophets. It's a thriller about a dying record label that decides to kill off its aging musicians to cash in on the nostalgia sales. I self-published it in 2014. There are some reviews on Amazon and Goodreads if you need some more objective opinions. Let me know if you're interested, and thank you for the offer.

Matthew Seery

message 25: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments Hi Matthew - I love a plot I haven't read before! ....and this sounds very interesting. I would really like to read and will provide an honest review.

i>Matthew wrote: "Hello Katie,

I would greatly appreciate another honest review of my novel, The Record Prophets. It's a thriller about a dying record label that decides to kill off its aging musicians to cash in o..."

Katie wrote: "Hi I'm new here and definitely willing to read and provide an honest review for a e-book version (I have Kindle app]. I read a lot of different genres, but really love a good mystery, thriller or d..."

message 26: by William (new)

William Davis | 132 comments Hello, Katie,

I'm the author of the Mike Gage Thrillers, a 3 book series. I'd be happy to provide you the Kindle version of any or all of the novels for you to review.

Here's my Amazon author page to see if you're interested:
https://www.amazon.com/author/daviswi...

Let me know.

Bill

message 27: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments Hi William, I am definitely interested in reading all 3...I do enjoy a good continuing series and the Mike Gage series sounds like it is right up my alley:-)

William wrote: "Hello, Katie,

I'm the author of the Mike Gage Thrillers, a 3 book series. I'd be happy to provide you the Kindle version of any or all of the novels for you to review.

Here's my Amazon author pag..."

message 28: by William (new)

William Davis | 132 comments Katie -

Glad you're interested. Please e-mail me at wgdavis46@aol.com and I will 'gift' you the Kindle editions of the Mike Gage Thrillers.

Thanks,

Bill

message 29: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Seery (mseery) Hello Katie,

Email me at ms12182@yahoo.com, and I'll send you a copy via Amazon. Thanks again!

Matt

message 30: by Nic (new)

Nic  Karczewski (nickarczewski) | 3 comments I am an avid crime/mystery reader, and am willing to review anything in this genre. You can reach me at nic.karczewski@gmail.com

message 31: by Li'l Owl (new)

Li'l Owl Here's the link to your book, Angel. =o)

Weeping Well (Weeping Well, #1) by Angel M.B. Chadwick Weeping Well by Angel M.B. Chadwick

message 32: by L. J. (new)

L. J. Martin (ljmartin) | 2 comments Hi, love to gift you an ebook copy of my OVERFLOW, the 8th in my THE REPAIRMAN series. Please email me with your email address and it'll be on the way, ljmartin@ljmartin.com. Thanks. L.J.

message 33: by Li'l Owl (new)

Li'l Owl Could you link your book so we can find it? Thanks much.

message 34: by Dan (new)

Dan Biermeier | 34 comments Hello:

I have a kindle formatted ebook that I would be happy to gift to any crime/adventure readers here on goodreads...with hopes of an honest review. If you like the first book, the second was just published and would also be available. But watch out...there could be blood everywhere. Let me know here or message me thru GR.A Chase of Blood on Steel: Hobo Kingdom Book One

message 35: by Jess (new)

Jess McDonald (jessbymyshelf) | 26 comments I am looking for Authors who would be willing to share their manuscripts/novels with me for my March edition on my facebook Blog in exchange for an honest review/interview. You will be featured as "Future Best Selling Author".

Jess

message 36: by William (new)

William Rubin (william_rubin) | 15 comments Hi Jess,
I'd be happy to have you take a look at Forbidden Birth and see if you'd like to review it.

Regards,

Will

message 37: by Jess (new)

Jess McDonald (jessbymyshelf) | 26 comments Sure Will! I would love to review your work. Send me a message and give you my contact info.

message 38: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Reese (gavinthecop) | 5 comments Hello, All! I am a working cop and aspiring author. I'm looking for folks interested in critically reviewing my first manuscript, "Enemies Domestic." Additionally, I am currently considering two synopses for the printed back cover:

1- "Detective Alex Landon and retired US Army Captain Jonathan McDougal spent months navigating simultaneous, complex relationships of investigator-suspect and handler-informant, during which they grew suspicious of each other and their motives. As they stand together in the lobby of a high-rise bank tower, drenched in water spraying from overhead fire sprinklers, each man assesses the other. A high-decibel klaxon and strobing fire alarm encourage throngs of frightened bank employees to flee around them, and also dissuade nearby fire responders from entering. With no time to spare, the two men consider if, together, and alone with no back-up, they can stop an imminent terror attack unfolding 23 floors above them. Landon fears failure will end thousands of lives, and that success may require their own. With so much at stake, Landon and McDougal must immediately decide if they can trust each other enough to set about the rough business at hand."

...and...

2- "After months spent navigating their simultaneous relationships of investigator-suspect and handler-informant, Detective Alex Landon and retired US Army Captain Jonathan McDougal have grown suspicious of one another. When McDougal learns a local hate group aspires to use explosives and terrorism to reshape American society, the two men have no time to spare. Landon fears failure will end thousands of lives, and that success may require their own. With so much at stake, Landon and McDougal must immediately decide if they can trust each other enough to set about the rough business at hand."

...or...

3- Start over.

Can you throw me some feedback on the preferred draft?

Also, email me at gavinreesellc.com if you're interested in reviewing the manuscript. In all fairness, you should know it's about 153k words and I'm hoping for a June self-publication.

Thanks for your help and interest!
Gavin Reese

message 39: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Reid | 3 comments Hi! I am a massive thriller/psychological/mystery/crime lover and would love to review some books?

I read anything except sci-fi and non fiction! :)

message 40: by William (last edited Apr 06, 2017 04:15AM) (new)

William Davis | 132 comments Hi Mandy,

If you read books on Kindle, I'll send you any or all of my Mike Gage Thrillers.

Bill
(William G. Davis)

message 41: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Reid | 3 comments Hey, yeah I'm doing most of my reading on the kindle at the moment. That would be fab!

message 42: by William (new)

William Davis | 132 comments Mandy wrote: "Hey, yeah I'm doing most of my reading on the kindle at the moment. That would be fab!"

Great! Please send an e-mail to me at wgdavis46@aol.com and I will gift them to you.

Bill

message 43: by Mark (new)

Mark David (authormarkdavid) | 8 comments Hey everyone,

I have a Scandinavian mystery-thriller-noir looking for reviews. Involves a pagan crime thread linking in with some macabre goings on that took 10 long years to write. The book is the prologue to an epic series with ten books in the pipeline.

Anyone interested contact me: damarvik@gmail.com
and I'll send an ePub or a Kindle file to you as you wish.

Book page/ 'The Elements' project site online: https://elementamundi.com/theelements...

On Goodreads but just set up so no reviews:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

On Amazon Kindle for now, soon to be released as ePub as soon as KDP select 3 month deadline is passed.

Best regards, Mark

message 44: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments Hi guys!
I read pretty much anything in the thriller/mystery genre and would love to review some books? The only genre I avoid is non-fiction

If you send me a copy for my kindle that would be good, just send me a message!

message 45: by M.K. (new)

M.K. South | 33 comments Dear readers,

I'm offering a free copy of my just-published Cold War spy thriller, Of Our Own Device Of Our Own Device by M.K. South for reviews. So far I've got 7 five-star reviews and would be thrilled to get more reviews.

You can check out the book page here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

And here's the synopsis, in case you don't have time to click on the link ;)

What do you do when you realize that the American Dream you have been working for so hard is not enough if it will be yours and yours alone? And that what you are told to do will destroy the only true friend you have ever had?

Summer of 1985. Jack Smith is a rookie CIA case officer posted at the American Embassy in Moscow. Despite his gregarious nature, Jack is a lonely man: not only is he a reluctant spy, he is also gay. When he meets Eton Volkonsky, a talented nuclear physics student, Jack’s bosses instruct him to develop the Russian as a future agent. Their friendship deepens, and Jack is torn between his suspicion that Eton and friends are with the KGB and his attraction to the man. But he continues telling himself and his bosses that he is just doing his job, developing his agent. Only when he leaves Russia does Jack admit that he has been fooling himself all the while. He takes on assignments in various countries, with a hope that eventually they will get him back to Moscow.

As introspection and growing doubts about what he does for living torment Jack, the world is buffeted by a whirlwind of dramatic events – diplomatic and spy wars, the rise of AIDS, the Chernobyl catastrophe, the war in Afghanistan and the disintegration of the communist bloc.

Please send me a message if you are interested.

Many thanks in advance!!

message 46: by Susan (new)

Susan | 1 comments If readers are interested in reviewing my thriller, WHITE LEAD, published by Alibi, please contact me via goodreads or my site, www.susandaitch.net. Alibi will be happy to send you a free ebook.

I've worked in museums and was interested in the stories in the margins and behind the scenes, but then there are also the stories of the high stakes art world and the characters who populate it.

When a body in costume turns up in front of a Velasquez painting, then disappears, art conservator, Stella Da Silvera takes the fall. As a conservator, Stella knows the stories paint can tell. While on the run from both the read murderer and the police, Stella finds lethal weapons can take many forms, and the people she trusted have their own secret histories.

Thanks!

message 47: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Lanham | 3 comments Hello, Goodreaders!

My name is J.M. Lanham (You can call me John), and I'm the author of the sci-fi thriller The R.E.M. Effect. I wanted to see if you would be interested in reviewing my debut thriller in exchange for a complimentary Kindle copy.

Here’s a quick synopsis:

It’s 2021 and Paul Freeman just landed a job with Asteria Pharmaceuticals, a world leader in revolutionary drug development. Paul knows the company’s future is riding on the success of their latest product – a sleeping pill designed to interact with the human genome to deliver the perfect eight-hour sleep cycle.

Just a few blocks from Asteria’s Atlanta headquarters, troubled self-help guru Donny Ford is selling a different kind of drug, empowering followers to take control of their lives using a sacred meditation technique skeptics believe may have already taken his mind to a dangerous place.

3,000 miles away, war-hardened journalist Claire Connor sits captive in a top-secret facility hidden deep in the Costa Rican jungle, guilty of two offenses: seeking help for a sleep disorder, and asking too many questions.

When these worlds collide, the three will discover just how far some companies are willing to go to protect the bottom line.

If you’re into Michael Crichton-esque thrillers, The R.E.M. Effect should be right up your alley.

The title is available with Kindle Unlimited, but I would be more than happy to gift a complimentary Kindle copy in exchange for a review.

Let me know if you'd like a copy and I'll send it right over. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Have a great day!

— J.M. Lanham

P.S. My website at www.jmlanham.com has some fun posts that will shed a little light on the theme and content of the book. Check it out when you get a second, and thanks again!

message 48: by J.J. (new)

J.J. Jorgens | 7 comments Have a look. If you are interested I will send you an e-copy.

VETERANS DAY
Being a pushy private investigator in Washington D.C. doesn’t win you many friends, and being a woman makes it worse. “Sitting here in the dark waiting for the men who are coming to kill me, I thought I would pass the time by writing my obituary. Mary Jane Morris was thirty-eight years old. Disillusioned with lawyering, she became a private investigator. She was a good friend and a bad enemy, and had a fair amount of courage and some talent in reading people and solving mysteries. She loved her dogs, kayaking, single-malt scotch, her beat up Land Rover and her house by the river filled with old things, and her handsome doctor boyfriend Giuseppe Romolo. She hated people who victimize the vulnerable, and sometimes she went outside of the law to see that they were punished. Mary Jane died while investigating her partner's death and a conspiracy to cheat veterans of their medical care and benefits.” I have to stop now because the dog is growling and someone is at the door.

Thanks,
J.J.

message 49: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bell (jsbellauthor) | 29 comments Hi, I would love to have my Myetery/thriller book, Dark Nights The Plan, reviewed. If you have kindle I can send a copy. Its also available in print if that is what you prefer. You can visit my author page on Goodreads.
J.S. Bell

Dark Nights The Plan 😊

Description:

message 50: by Helen (new)

Helen Almond | 5 comments I would love to review new books. I particularly like detective novels, Scandi crime, and also Dystopian. I am new to the group and hope to be able to recommend and have books recommended to me by members

« previous 1 3