What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. SF - MC in suspended animation uses spray to fend off bad guy. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colin (new)

Colin Williams | 2 comments I read this book in 2013, but I think it was older science fiction in the adult category. I don't firmly remember the plot, but one of the main concepts of the book is that people are put in suspended animation, maybe cryo, right after they die. This allows their loved ones to periodically access their mind and consult with them. The main character is hired as part of a team to do a high risk job involving telepaths and anti-telepaths. The mission goes foul immediately due to an elevator bomb.

Another plot point is that a malicious consciousness is leaking into the minds of other people in cryo and feeding on them to keep himself alive. The MC meets up with the wife of the guy who hired him to do the high risk job. She creates a spray can that can be used to fend off the bad guy.

I remember a spray can or something on the cover of the book. I think the book is named after the spray used in the story.

Thanks for any help, tips, or nudges in the right direction!

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2040 comments "Ubik" by P. K. Dick, maybe? Ubik (note spray can on cover)

message 3: by Colin (new)

Colin Williams | 2 comments Aaahhhhh! Ubik! You got it! Hooray! Thank you so much! My brain has been on fire trying to think of that!

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2040 comments Glad to help. It's a great (and weird) book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ubik (other topics)