Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > 2 versions of my author name in Goodreads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by H.L. (last edited Oct 24, 2016 06:07PM) (new)

H.L. Wegley (hlwegley) | 23 comments While trying to add Chasing Freedom: The Prequel (Against All Enemies Book 3), ASIN B01MAXJQWJ, I encountered an error. Most of my books in Goodreads list my author name as "H.L. Wegley" but my name on all other sites is "H. L. Wegley" -- with a space between the 2 initials. This is causing problems every time I try to enter a Kindle book as Goodreads treats these as 2 different authors. There is no good solution except to change all instances of "H.L. Wegley" to the correct author name "H. L. Wegley" A kludgy work-around would be to force my author name to "H.L. Wegley" in the Goodreads database.

Please help. Until this is fixed, I can't add the eBook version of Chasing Freedom to my books.

Thanks.

H. L. (Harry) Wegley

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19969 comments Goodreads requires us to use no space between initials. I removed the space on the H. L. Wegley books, which moved them to your profile. Also added Chasing Freedom to the series.

message 3: by H.L. (new)

H.L. Wegley (hlwegley) | 23 comments Thanks! That works!

H L Wegley

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43572 comments Mod
Is this book a prequel the series, or book 3 in the series?

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian | 7 comments I have two author names on Goodreads and one that is just wrong.
All titles should be simply by "Brian Hogan"
A to Z of Near-Death Adventures, 2nd Ed. by Brian Patrick Hogan lists me as: Hogan, Brian Patrick (please remove the "Patrick" already corrected on Amazon.

There's a Sheep in my Bathtub Birth of a Mongolian Church Planting Movement by Brian P. Hogan has me as "Brian P. Hogan" please take out middle initial.

Theres a Sheep in My Bathtub by Brian Hogan has correct name.

Boy Centurions A Millennium of Young Lives by Hogan Brian
AND
Boy Centurions A Millennium of Young Lives by Hogan Brian
are totally screwed up with "Hogan Brian". Please change to "Brian Hogan"
Thank you so much!

message 6: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19969 comments #5: Fixed in another thread.